Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DennisNedry

PS4 v Xbox One

Which will you be buying?  

349 members have voted

1. 1. PS4 or Xbox One?

I know there has been some discussion in the E3 thread but this battle deserves it's own thread and poll surely!!

Personally I will be getting the PS4, having had a PS2 and PS3, and thinking that Sony's machine looks more impressive on the whole than Microsoft's. It is also cheaper and seems to be more about traditional console gaming, whereas the Xbox seems more geared towards being an 'entertainment system' 

I've always had a playstation, (1, 2 and currently 3), so I'm voting PS4. Even though I am Sony orientated, I cannot see the benefit of getting this new xbox with all the limitations of it.

EDIT - How do you make it so you can watch the video on the thread?  

Put it in a 'link'.

EDIT - Actually no, it's changed now. I cannot do it either.

click 'share' on Youtube.  Then copy & paste the link into your text - without using the 'link' button

Yeah I was just about to post this lol

Just watched it. They are taking the p*ss now lol

If the cash is available I'll more than likely get both eventually. I won't be getting either at launch though. I'll wait until everyone else has bought them and see what they say. I watched the XboxOne reveal at E3 earlier, don't get me wrong, graphically it looked great, and Forza 5 could be a big pull for me. I'm very much on the fence at the moment though. The other exclusive games for the eggbox didn't really turn me on a great deal....

Xbox 360 was a lot better than the PS3.

Define 'a lot.'

I know it's possible to have a preference for one machine over another but neither were tonnes better than either this time round. I've owned a PS3 for 30 months and never found issue with it where as my friends and I have all experienced issues with 360s. I always thought Sony's output was more impressive in terms of longevity (and their controls are so much sleeker to hold), but Xbox seemed to have better exclusive games - the Gears of War series is stunning from start to finish.

Your comment strikes as someone who's always had an Xbox - ergo it must be the best.

Had a PS1, PS2 then switched to 360. 

360 has served me well for the past 4 or so years, never got RROD, still on the original arcade console  lol

Will definitely be switching back to Sony for this generation though, seems to beat Xbox One in every aspect.

Microsoft really shot themselves in the foot with this, it'll still sell though- which is a shame.

Had a PS1, PS2 then switched to 360. 

360 has served me well for the past 4 or so years, never got RROD, still on the original arcade console  lol

Will definitely be switching back to Sony for this generation though, seems to beat Xbox One in every aspect.

Microsoft really shot themselves in the foot with this, it'll still sell though- which is a shame.

It will but I honestly think the decline in sales will be more drastic than people expect. I seriously believe a major majority will make the switch if their egos let them.

The Xbox community will be left with 12-year old fan-boys who haven't left the bandwagon yet, who just buy the Xbox just because it's an Xbox and they've had it engraved in their puny minds that it's still better.

When it's really, really not. 

Been a big XBOX fan since the original came out, before then i was a Sony fanboy... But i'm afraid Microsoft have lost a fan now, way to much stuff i am not liking on the XBOX One and that's the reason i'm going back to Sony.........

.....unless somehow Microsoft sort their shit out

Not one vote for Xbox One... No surprise there. Sony has blown them out of the water from start to finish with surprise after surprise starting with GDR5 Ram.

lol Sony have blown nothing away if it had any decent competition their console would be shown up for what it is, rather bland.

Fortunatley for them, Microsoft are committing, unreserved, remorsefulness, corporate suicide. They've blown themselves away.   

Archived