Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simon789us

Okazaki - schalke

If they come in with a big bid similar to Schlupp, I think we should consider it for a 30 year old. He may feel like he wants to move as his game time has gone down a lot and Ranieri may feel like we need someone who can create chances because we can't do anything other than hoof out of play without Mahrez or a target man up front.  

Would miss him though. 

3 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

If they come in with a big bid similar to Schlupp, I think we should consider it for a 30 year old. He may feel like he wants to move as his game time has gone down a lot and Ranieri may feel like we need someone who can create chances because we can't do anything other than hoof out of play without Mahrez or a target man up front.  

Would miss him though. 

Sell your own grandmother would you? Heartless bastard lol.

No. He's the most important player we have. Half the reason I think we are doing so badly is that he isn't starting many games.

Besides, just because Shalke are interested doesn't mean its going to happen.

I'll be the first to go against the grain then, SELL.

There's a lot to be said for selling players who are of a certain age and not automatic first team players especially if the player isn't up for sale which usually means a good offer from the buying club.

We might be playing 4-3-3 /4-5-1 a lot more and Okazaki doesn't fit into that system.

Maybe we bring in Cafu who can play No 10 and wide if need be. 

Okazaki is 30 and mid table table Prem level at best so I'm all for selling and rolling the dice again with another player.

He's limited in ability. Sometimes he can link the play well but too often he loses the ball, can't hold it up and is no threat to the opposition goal whatsoever. 

If we get a replacement then sell- don't forget he's 30 too. 

5 minutes ago, Dickov22 said:

He's limited in ability. Sometimes he can link the play well but too often he loses the ball, can't hold it up and is no threat to the opposition goal whatsoever. 

This is what I am thinking. He was perfect last season but we need a new way of creating goals and Shinji has only created 24 chances since he's been here, and hasn't even had an assist. 

Though I am open to seeing him have a go with Slimani, Mahrez and Musa again, which beat Palace 3-1. 

47 minutes ago, Dickov22 said:

Saved me posting, spot on

We should have replaced him in the summer but we didn't. I get stick for it all the time here but facts are facts.  He doesn't score, he doesn't assist and his ball retention is woeful.  5 goals and 0 assist as a number 10 in a title winning side is terrible.

If a substantial offer like the Schlupp one came in I'd sell. If not I'd keep him until we address the glaring problems in the squad. . 

Archived