Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Benalouane "Ready to Play"

5 minutes ago, foxinsox said:

Benny had some good cameo appearances, and had the right attitude last year. As back up he is worth keeping.

Huth and Morgan have not been at their best this season, but they have not become crap overnight from being title winners.

Chill boys. We gonna be alright.

Morgan and Huth had one of the worlds best box to box midfielders in front of them last year.

A few of us could have played Centre Back and looked half decent with that dynamo in front of us! 

To put it bluntly, they haven't become crap overnight, they weren't great last year, they just had a Kante condom protecting them! 

Edited by Sly
  • Like 2

Just now, Sly said:

Morgan and Huth had one if the worlds best box to box midfielders in front of them last year.

A few of us could have played Centre Back and looked half decent with that dynamo in front of us! 

To put it bluntly, they haven't become crap overnight, they weren't great last year, they just had a Kante condom protecting them! 

They were part of the best back five in our best run of PL clean sheets, just one year ago.

I do agree that our DMs do need to protect them better, and defending set pieces needs improving too.

Lets hope this new guy Wague is good.

4 minutes ago, Sly said:

Morgan and Huth had one of the worlds best box to box midfielders in front of them last year.

They've gone of a cliff, just like Vardy, Mahrez & Albrighton.

Of course Kante and our system helped get the best out of them but they can't do the basics this year.

6 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Heads should roll if we don't bring in a centre half, I'm afraid - and not Claudio's who can only polish a turd so much.

The last time Benalouane played a competitive game (I don't count the JPT garbage) was over a year ago in the 2-0 cup replay loss to Spurs at home. Now, after persistent injury issues and a bit of a kickabout with the under-23s, he is ready for the demands of top flight football in the second best division in the world.

We're ****ing done for.

Heads shouldn't roll if we don't bring in a centre back at all. It merely means that anyone worth buying is either not available for sale yet or isn't willing to come.  What on earth is the sense in buying someone useless in just to appease a few fickle fans who don't know their arse from their elbow in such matters.  Yes, our defenders at times have let us down this year,  but they've also had less defensive cover this year for all the reasons discussed. Vardy and Marhez haven't been pulling up trees either!  It's a team game and collectively they've been crap at times. Whatever you bring in that's crap, you've got to pay big wages to for 3 years! Benalouane,  good or bad,  is probably still a better option against what's available out there at the moment,  it's a sellers market in January. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Heads shouldn't roll if we don't bring in a centre back at all. It merely means that anyone worth buying is either not available for sale yet or isn't willing to come.  What on earth is the sense in buying someone useless in just to appease a few fickle fans who don't know their arse from their elbow in such matters.  Yes, our defenders at times have let us down this year,  but they've also had less defensive cover this year for all the reasons discussed. Vardy and Marhez haven't been pulling up trees either!  It's a team game and collectively they've been crap at times. Whatever you bring in that's crap, you've got to pay big wages to for 3 years! Benalouane,  good or bad,  is probably still a better option against what's available out there at the moment,  it's a sellers market in January. 

There is no sense in buying someone useless, that'd be daft now wouldn't it. However it's been glaringly obvious that centre back is a position we are in dire need of quality and, seller's market or not - we could have bought in more than adequate replacements to aid our defensive woes. Being a January signing is not a prerequisite for being crap.

There's nothing fickle about wanting a centre half when we have three on the books leaking goals and of a combined age of 100 and one that hasn't kicked a competitive ball in anger in over a year.

Edited by Miquel The Work Geordie

7 hours ago, EnderbyFox said:

Playing against seasoned professionals in Serie A was the wrong type of preparation, what he really needed was 12 months of playing against 18/19 year old Strikers in the youth leagues  

But you know about his injury-history?

During the six months, that he spent last year on loan at

Fiorentina, he didn't play a single minute, due to a mysterious

back problem.

In other words, at the beginning of this season he had

no match practice at all.

It would have been madness, to start him instead

of Huth or Morgan, who were a vital part of 

our title winning team.

Question: how many games did Huth and Morgan

miss in the last two years, due to injury?

Answer:  ZERO

Edited by Struwwelpeter60

45 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

There is no sense in buying someone useless, that'd be daft now wouldn't it. However it's been glaringly obvious that centre back is a position we are in dire need of quality and, seller's market or not - we could have bought in more than adequate replacements to aid our defensive woes. Being a January signing is not a prerequisite for being crap.

There's nothing fickle about wanting a centre half when we have three on the books leaking goals and of a combined age of 100 and one that hasn't kicked a competitive ball in anger in over a year.

My point is that it is the team leaking goals not just the defence (actually we're not scoring a bundle either). There may be adequste replacements but are they available,  affordable and willing to come? I do agree with you in fairness that we do need another good centre half, preferably under 30! I also think Keane would have been a good investment last summer and I wonder what the truth was behind that non deal. Acerbi is potentially a good target but don't think they'll let him go until the summer,  even then I think he'll opt to stay in Italy. Most other names I've heard are uninspiring to say the least. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, davieG said:

It's  obviously a bit of gamesmanship in the game that is brinkmanship suggesting  to the sellers  we're  not desperate to sign their CB so won't pay over the odds.

I think this hits the nail on the head. A shot across the bows to all the money grabbing agents whist boosting the morale of a squad member. Win win. 

I really do worry if we don't sign a CB by the end of the window.   Morgan & Huth are both past it, if we don't sign one then Benny has got to be worth a shot.  Failing that can we promote one out of the development squad? I know he'd be in at the deep end.

Anyone know what the yellow card situation is like with our defenders atm? in the PL and CL? Is there a good chance a few of them will miss games due to yellow card accumulation?

Pretty sure 2 more for Simpson, and in the CL 1 more for Huth.

Possibly sent out that message in the hope that someone will take him off our hands.

Not got the greatest history, don't know why we went anywhere near him. Bad signing.

Clubs have hardly been queuing up for him.Chance for loan and possibly a permanent contract at Fiorentina but didn't kick a ball in anger as mysteriously not fit.

Will leave Leicester a very rich man without having to break sweat.

19 hours ago, Struwwelpeter60 said:

What a nonsense.

During the Great Escape our 3-men defence (Huth, Morgan, Wasyl) conceded only

7 goals in 9 matches.  WITHOUT KANTE

Don't let facts get in the way of a good moan for many.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/01/2017 at 21:10, Struwwelpeter60 said:

What a nonsense.

During the Great Escape our 3-men defence (Huth, Morgan, Wasyl) conceded only

7 goals in 9 matches.  WITHOUT KANTE

If they'd started last season how they ended the the great escape, I'd agree with, but we were leaking goals all over the place, and we only turned things around after Kanté got into his stride.

Edited by Foxxed

I'm not sure we can draw any conclusions from a game where he kept Nick Blackman quiet. I'm happy for him to come in, but I'm not expecting him to solve our problems.

And Was came in for praise when, for me, he made a couple of terrible touches/clearances/passes that could easily have cost a goal against better opposition. Just my thoughts. 

• Like 1