Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest CityFan 06

The Pizza Industry

The Pizza Industry  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Which pizza company do you tend to go to or buy from?

• Pizza Hut
    • Papa John's
    • Pizza Express
    • Dominoes
    • Other
  2. 2. Would you be willing to try out a new pizza company, if it came on the market?

• Yes
    • No - stay with what you know
    • Maybe
    • Other
  3. 3. What are the influences you have when buying a pizza?

• Brand
    • Price
    • Taste
    • Other
  4. 4. Who is the biggest target market?

• 5 - 15 years
    • 15 - 30 years
    • 30 - 50 years
    • 50 - 70 years
    • 70 - 100 years
    • No specific target market

Had a pizza tonight strangely enough, ordered it from this new kebab place in town that do all sorts. 8inc pizza's just £4.00 each! when it arrived it looked okay and smelt tasty. But when I tasted it, i suddenly realised straight away dominoes were the kings when it came to pizza. The pizza tasted so sickly. Good service and fast but unlikely I'll be ordering from them again. What puts me off Dominoes is the price £17 a pizza is just a scandal for me. Especially when you can buy a full meal like an indian or chinese for just £4 or £5. Pizza's are a rare treat for me.

3 hours ago, Nugent said:

Surely nobody actually ever pays full price for a Dominos? There's always so many offers on, either coming through your letterbox or found by a quick google search.

On their site here they even have a coupon section to order from. 

I don't even know what their "regular" prices are.

On 15/02/2017 at 10:54, Babylon said:

Think it must depend where you are, the Dominos near me is actually pretty decent. The £3.50 asda ones are ok, bit bland I think sometimes.

Speaking of Dominos... anyone see the picture of them buying wedges from asda for £1 a huge pack. Obviously then selling them on for £4 a go lol I bought the Asda ones as a test, and they really are about the same.

I work in a restaurant, and this isn't uncommon loads of times we have ran out of onion rings or buns etc and someone has had to run to tesco to get more, to tide us over until we got a delivery come in. 

YOU shouldn't do it but all companies care about is the £

35 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

Make em, cheap as chips, strong white flour, alittle yeast and water, leave for 2 hours minimum, Bob's your uncle.  Costs about 70p for 4 medium bases

And you use pasata for the sauce?

I normally get from the local kebab house as there's something about Turkish grease that I find more appealing than your Italian style vendors. Location is the biggest pull for me as I don't trust anywhere I haven't physically entered. Would never order off justeat from some random place based on price. I'd say takeout pizza market is predominantly 16-24. I used to order all the time in my late teens but prefer a curry now.

On 15/02/2017 at 21:15, Leicesterpool said:

Had a pizza tonight strangely enough, ordered it from this new kebab place in town that do all sorts. 8inc pizza's just £4.00 each! when it arrived it looked okay and smelt tasty. But when I tasted it, i suddenly realised straight away dominoes were the kings when it came to pizza. The pizza tasted so sickly. Good service and fast but unlikely I'll be ordering from them again. What puts me off Dominoes is the price £17 a pizza is just a scandal for me. Especially when you can buy a full meal like an indian or chinese for just £4 or £5. Pizza's are a rare treat for me.

I've read this as you think £4 for an 8" is cheap. I'd shop around. I get a 10" with chips for £3  

Archived