Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Josh Gordon set to sign for Leicester

2 hours ago, ALC Fox said:

Could be the next Jamie Vardy. Could be the next Aman Verma. Sometimes it works out. Most of the time it doesn't. But then it doesn't work out with most players in a club's academy. It's worth giving the guy a shot. If he can apply himself and has the ability, you never know.

Not a fair comparison Verma  has had quite a good career floating around the lower leagues and non league. Made around 200 appearances all in all not a bad career really. Better then most who leave our development/youth teams. 

12 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Not a fair comparison Verma  has had quite a good career floating around the lower leagues and non league. Made around 200 appearances all in all not a bad career really. Better then most who leave our development/youth teams. 

Yeah fair point. I just meant comparatively speaking as we'd let him go as a youth player, then re-signed him from the non-league during Pearson's first spell, and then he didn't make it into the first team.

No doubt he's had a busy and decent career at the lower level. Clearly he's a miles better footballer than I could ever dream of being.

3 hours ago, ALC Fox said:

Could be the next Jamie Vardy. Could be the next Aman Verma. Sometimes it works out. Most of the time it doesn't. But then it doesn't work out with most players in a club's academy. It's worth giving the guy a shot. If he can apply himself and has the ability, you never know.

Thought I would check out his wikipedia and see what he is up to. Turns out he has written some of it himself. 

"On 2 June 2016, Verma signed a permanent contract to remain with Torquay for 16–17 season. It didn't take long for Verma to show his worth, after impressive displays in the engine room of the side, he showed lots of versatility as he moved to right-back towards the end of the season and performed admirably, he also performed well in his natural position as a midfielder and as a striker. Player-manager Kevin Nicholson was very happy to have Verma at the club on a permanent deal."

58 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

hopefully he's got a similar engine/workrate to Vardy.

Thing is Vardy was smashing  30 goals a season in his non league days and you could argue he was more League 1/2 standard  when we signed  him

Heck my nephew's on 9  (with 9 assist) in the National league why don't we bloody sign him :P

4 hours ago, Col city fan said:

I thought that was why the song went like that:?

Flash.....ah ah ah ah....

lol

Meanwhile, I've found an old pic of one of your favorite sports presenters...

DC4E3DD8-AA2C-4A13-9830-947284E8DECB-714-0000011E65CC9C54_tmp.png

Ain't that the bloke who once claimed he was a reincarnation of Jesus? lol

2 hours ago, themightyfin said:

Verma is good lad, in fact I was involved in his move to Stafford in the first place , to my mate who was manager at the time. He got into Leicester as my mate is good pals with Shakey. Aman now plays lower leagues, as Sven let him go. Interestingly enough Pearson gave him a new deal at Leicester after a successful trial, whereas Pearson let the likes of Billy Kee at that time

11 hours ago, sylofox said:

Were you waiting for it to come out at the pictures?

I bet you had a right w4nk fest when they made the colour version. lol

Don't laugh mate I've bought it on blu-ray fairy recently, I know that soundtrack by heart lol

Go Flash go, go Flash go, go Flash go!!!!

Get in Gordon:chant:

Archived