Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

1 hour ago, Webbo said:

A customer of mine has picked a Farrow and Ball colour "clunch" :dunno: I've got to go to the merchants tomorrow and ask for 5 litres of clunch.

You may have had to ask for a can of 'Dead Salmon' ...    or even 'Arsenic' ....     which would also have been interesting ....    "The fishmongers is down the road mate" ...   or ...   "Not getting on with the wife mate ?" ...          (I know my F&B colours ! ..   :thumbup:).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Webbo said:

A customer of mine has picked a Farrow and Ball colour "clunch" :dunno: I've got to go to the merchants tomorrow and ask for 5 litres of clunch.

Are you sure it exists and they aren't just having you on...?

On 18/01/2017 at 20:52, Webbo said:

I'm disgusted you'd help someone purchase clunch, do you know how degrading that is?

5 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Not a particularly good day for me today, but the thread title reminded me to post this old skool classic just because it's fvckin awesome...

Your post falls below the page's standard minimum mentions of the word "clunch".

2 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Your post falls below the page's standard minimum mentions of the word "clunch".

Please forgive me Carl. I should have mentioned that in the above video, Ice Cube's house is made entirely of "clunch" :thumbup:

Clunch is a traditional building material of chalky limestone rock used mainly in Compton, LA and was used entirely to build Ice Cube's house. Clunch distinguishes itself from archetypal forms of limestone by being softer in character when cut, such as resembling chalk in lower density, or with minor clay-like components

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Please forgive me Carl. I should have mentioned that in the above video, Ice Cube's house is made entirely of "clunch" :thumbup:

Clunch is a traditional building material of chalky limestone rock used mainly in Compton, LA and was used entirely to build Ice Cube's house. Clunch distinguishes itself from archetypal forms of limestone by being softer in character when cut, such as resembling chalk in lower density, or with minor clay-like components

I'm pretty clunch as well then

Driving through Nottingham and I hear a squark while stationary. Start turning round thinking what the bleddy ell were that and some big black guy with dreadlocks down to his waist is coming up past my right shoulder with a big bloody parrot on his arm like captain pugwash. Everyone were stopping to get a look it was pretty cool really.

2 hours ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Driving through Nottingham and I hear a squark while stationary. Start turning round thinking what the bleddy ell were that and some big black guy with dreadlocks down to his waist is coming up past my right shoulder with a big bloody parrot on his arm like captain pugwash. Everyone were stopping to get a look it was pretty cool really.

Could be Wes Morgan's eccentric brother. You should have signed him up as the new centre back we need. We've never had a player with waist-long dreadlocks and a parrot.

We'd soon be back in the news for all the right reasons - or get to feature in Billy the Fish cartoons, at least.

Couldn't find the questions thread, but it has affected my day (weekend). 

Friday morning I got out of the shower and noticed that the carpet in my room was damp against the wall and there was a bit patch next to the door (I live in an apartment and my room is next to the bathroom, I'm renting by the way). I thought the worst and thought burst pipe, so rang the maintenance guy and left for work, said to call me if he needed anything.

so apparently the plumbers came, took the side off the bath and said that it was just a leak and an accumulation of water that was seeping out. They said not to use the shower and they'd be back on Monday to sort it. Now first of all, surely for something like this they should have come on the Saturday to sort it? 

The damp patches are now getting bigger and it's even started filtering out to the hall way and next doors apartment! If it carries on they're going to have to start replacing carpets and floorboards, it will cost a fortune and put me out even more! 

I I literally cannot get in to my room anymore because the carpet is literally saturated with water. Do I have grounds for complaint here? Can I claim back some of my rent money, it's an absolute joke that it's just been left over the weekend! 

20 minutes ago, Barky said:

Don't see the point in burgers that tall. If you can't take a bite without bits of burger falling all over the shop then take that thing away from me, please.

This is very true as well. Had a burger like this yesterday  and while it tasted goood was a total disaster to eat

40 minutes ago, Barky said:

Don't see the point in burgers that tall. If you can't take a bite without bits of burger falling all over the shop then take that thing away from me, please.

The fact that @Firegrande has shared his tea with us and your reply to it has provided the point you so search for, it seems. The burger in question has created shock and awe on this particular internet community as other burgers will give on other platforms, Instagram being the principle one. Just another victory got the culinary hipsters who have provided us with triple-fried chips, melting chocolate shells and roof tiles for dinner plates.