Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mortified Penguin

Union FS tifo display

Guys, I'm wondering if there was a possibility of discussing contributions via season ticket sales. What I mean by this is that the club give each purchasing season ticket holder the option of a £1 donation to Union FS for fan choreography. Obviously it doesn't mean that every ST holder would take up the option but I would imagine around a quarter would, which would equate to around £5000 a season to spend on more displays like yesterday.

Guys, I'm wondering if there was a possibility of discussing contributions via season ticket sales. What I mean by this is that the club give each purchasing season ticket holder the option of a £1 donation to Union FS for fan choreography. Obviously it doesn't mean that every ST holder would take up the option but I would imagine around a quarter would, which would equate to around £5000 a season to spend on more displays like yesterday.

Wouldn't it be easier to stand outside the ground with a bucket?

Wouldn't it be easier to stand outside the ground with a bucket?

Not really, when the club can just add an extra £1 on when people buy a season ticket, how is that not easier than standing outside holding a bucket, half an hour of someone's time, then they've got to take the cash to a bank and count it out.

Not really, when the club can just add an extra £1 on when people buy a season ticket, how is that not easier than standing outside holding a bucket, half an hour of someone's time, then they've got to take the cash to a bank and count it out.

Doubt they'd be keen tbh, they give you the option to donate to the Foxes Foundation when buying you season ticket so doubt they'd want to deflect any donations away from that.

Edited by Matt

Was a brilliant day all round, helping set up the tifo was a new experience and hope to have many more of them in the coming seasons, the end product was quality and was definitely worth the early start!

Hopefully the next one UFS do the club won't hop on the bandwagon!! Some quality pictures up here as well!

Onwards and Upwards!!!

Union FS should set up an Indiegogo account and create a funding page two or three weeks before each event. It's quite similar to Kickstarter but has more traffic thanks to anyone being welcome as opposed to projects chosen by Kickstarter. Also Union FS could post on here when a page is set up and people would be able to share it about and donate.

If that Tifo on Saturday only cost £600 then I'm sure with an indiegogo page you'd bring in enough to do one most games. I'd donate and i'm sure loads of others would.

TBH, my opinion only of course, if we did one every other home game, we'd need hundreds of volunteers to help set up, you cant expect the same 30-40 people to turn up 6 hours before kick off to set up. And, the design isnt a 5 minute job. In theory, the financial side is only part of the issue, but I'm sure the UFS family would rally round.

TBH, my opinion only of course, if we did one every other home game, we'd need hundreds of volunteers to help set up, you cant expect the same 30-40 people to turn up 6 hours before kick off to set up. And, the design isnt a 5 minute job. In theory, the financial side is only part of the issue, but I'm sure the UFS family would rally round.

Is there a seating template that was used for the design. I'd love to have a piss about with it!!?

lol lol what were the club thinking exactly? That Fearless thing looks awful. And the best they could do in the family stand was a sea of blue cards. Leave it to the professionals Top! (However feel free to fund future Union FS projects. Ta)

#EARLESS

Agreed that's probably the best way to go, but that means we'd need a bank account to pay into, so either one of the group would need to volunteer a current account, or UFS would need to set up as a charity or not for profit organisation and have it's own account. Things are being looked into though!