Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Funny things Schlupp did

I thought he done very well today when he came on. Straight into the action and added more width to our play which we need to stretch their defence.

It was also nice to see him display some confidence by taking on players. a real bonus to have him back and the obvious replacement for Kante if he's out on Tuesday against WBA.

Claudio is more likely to recall Dean Hammond than play Jeff Schlupp in central midfield.

It does make sense, I suppose. I mean, Kante is black, and Schlupp is also black. 

Luckily, we also have Demarai Gray and Joe Dodoo who can fill in for Kante also.

Get some boot polish for King and we're sorted.

Schlupp is decent. Ranieri will turn him into some player. Reminds me of Bale when he first joined Spurs. I honestly think in a few years he's going to be unstoppable when he gets going, his strength and pace are immense, just needs to sort his decision making out. Can tackle too, which you sometimes forget, I can see him owning that left wing.

lol

how does he remind anyone of bale other than being fast? bale was a regular goal scorer, has fantastic technique, takes set pieces brilliantly, is superb in the air and has a very good footballing brain.

schlupp is, er, none of them. he's just fast and left footed.

I love Jeff but he has to be the most frustrating player we have! He reminds me of Lloyd Dyer before he realised he could just knock it past people and run into space.

I still maintain that when he's in the mood he can get past exposed full backs as easily as anyone, with the exception of Mahrez.

Glad to see him back, CR obviously rates him so people best deal with him being involved :D

Yesterday I even said to my mate "Jeff's looked pretty good here hasn't he?" before literally five seconds later he's gone and ran the ball out of play after trying to beat his man lol to be fair I thought he did well yesterday. Came on and offered a very direct threat which I think we needed. He's frustrating as hell but I just can't not love the bloke. Never change Jeff.

I particularly enjoyed his first surging run to the by-line. As he approached the by-line the crowd fell silent, hoping he'd remember to kick it before it went out. On that occasion he did.

Never a dull moment.

will add another dimension to our play during the title run in. Teams will pay more attention to us that we have been used to and will try shutdown our strategy, while previously it wouldn't matter - They were only playing 'Leicester'. It won't only be a case of teams parking the bus, but also teams are figuring out more about how to prevent us from playing the more attention we get. So changing things up every now and then when needs be can only be a good thing.

Players like Jeff are key to that, as he offers something different to the others we have. 

With that in mind, it's great news to have him back and fit ready to run down the left. Will allow us many differant ways to play. Albrighton as wing back, Mahrez behind the front one or two etc.

'Guys wot u doing guys?'

I just watched the Ulloa goal from Saturday again... I don't know--maybe Ulloa is just full of adrenaline, but it looks like Schlupp came in a little too high and hard into the celebration and it looks like he almost bites Ulloa. Ulloa then yells something at him and then smacks him. lol

I just watched the Ulloa goal from Saturday again... I don't know--maybe Ulloa is just full of adrenaline, but it looks like Schlupp came in a little too high and hard into the celebration and it looks like he almost bites Ulloa. Ulloa then yells something at him and then smacks him. lol

Just watched it again :) i think maybe Jeff slipped the tongue in? and then Leo slaps his ass.

Close team this one  :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived