Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Funny things Schlupp did

Nice work in the corner!... but someone is going to have to explain to him that you cant just keep running into people as a plan to beat them. :)

depends what definition of "beat" he was going for ...

Some guy(s) next to me in SK1 were berating him at any chance they could. If it wasn't 'where the **** are you Jeffrey you're doing nothing', it was 'oh Jeffrey's there...DONT GIVE IT TO JEFFREY THE USELESS C**T'. Had to bite my tongue numerous times to stop me saying something to them about supporting the team that's top of the league instead of abusing one of its members.

Some guy(s) next to me in SK1 were berating him at any chance they could. If it wasn't 'where the **** are you Jeffrey you're doing nothing', it was 'oh Jeffrey's there...DONT GIVE IT TO JEFFREY THE USELESS C**T'. Had to bite my tongue numerous times to stop me saying something to them about supporting the team that's top of the league instead of abusing one of its members.

He was doggo though and offered nothing when he came on. He was positionally clueless and whenever we got the ball he didn't run into space or give an option, pretty appalling tbh. Defensively he didn't give Fuchs much support at all and left him 1 vs 2 most of the time until the legend that is Kante came across to cover. Needs to improve.

He was doggo though and offered nothing when he came on. He was positionally clueless and whenever we got the ball he didn't run into space or give an option, pretty appalling tbh. Defensively he didn't give Fuchs much support at all and left him 1 vs 2 most of the time until the legend that is Kante came across to cover. Needs to improve.

He wasn't great admittedly but what use is constant abuse?

Struggled to get involved last night but again showed that his footballing brain is developing, winning a few corners in succession.

One thing that annoyed me though (and this goes for everyone not just Jeffers), when you've been subbed on for the last 10 minutes, give your absolute all for those 10 minutes! It's not fair for Kante to be busting his little balls down our left hand side tracking one of their lads while Jeff strolls back into shape. You're only on for 10 minutes, they should be carrying you off at the end!

was rubbish until the end. did his normal stand in the middle out the way when we needed an outlet, which he'd be a great one which is much more frustrating. 

great last 5 mins though, was 99% sure sissoko was going to headbutt him at one stage when he just kept kicking it at his shins and winning throw ins. 

Struggled to get involved last night but again showed that his footballing brain is developing, winning a few corners in succession.

One thing that annoyed me though (and this goes for everyone not just Jeffers), when you've been subbed on for the last 10 minutes, give your absolute all for those 10 minutes! It's not fair for Kante to be busting his little balls down our left hand side tracking one of their lads while Jeff strolls back into shape. You're only on for 10 minutes, they should be carrying you off at the end!

Yeah, I find myself thinking the same thing quite often. Particularly when it's Schluppy not getting involved. With his pace, strength and energy he could have a pivotal effect in the last 15 mins, getting all over the pitch. I'm surprised Ranieri doesn't drum that into them when he sends them on.

He was bloody lazy yesterday. I accept that he's not the most technical player, but he cam be good if he puts a shift in.

He didn't do that at all.

He looked turgid and lacked confidence. He had ample opportunities to run pat Janmat, but never did

He looked turgid and lacked confidence. He had ample opportunities to run pat Janmat, but never did

That too, but it was more his defensive work!

More than once, all our team were sprinting back to intercept a counter, while he'd just lazily saunter back at his own pace.

• 1 month later...

That 3rd goal today was the culmination of 5 years of Schlupp:

Searing pace

Dreadful decision

Shoddy touch

Goal

I can't believe we're going to win the league with this guy. Most teams can't afford a comedy character but we've got one and he's an absolute hero.

Archived