Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HesNotGudjonsonn2

Pro Evo 2016

Is it similar to the demo? I think the demo's good, it's just that it feels like it's on rails a bit to me. The physics system and battle for possession seems a bit pre-determined to me. FIFA makes it feel like the ball and the players are independent from each other and that's the one area PES fall down on gameplay.

What difficulty are you playing it on? I've played a lot of games on the demo and the keepers seem to pull off some ridiculous saves. Yeh last years fifa was the final straw for me, game was a farce.

I haven't changed the difficulty and it does seem relatively easy. I think the teams are more varied as well. I struggle to get the ball off Roma but I line up against Brazil and they hardly touch it.

Tevez is outrageously good.

I've already decided my mission is to become world champions (or whatever it is on Master League) with Qarabag.

The reviews for this coming out today have been incredible, many calling it the greatest football game ever.

Can't wait to play it now

I've seen that too. You never know. It's got a hell of a lot going for it in my opinion. You can play genuinely beautiful football whilst it still feels realistic in the process.

I've found myself pissing around on the demo for this today rather than playing FIFA 15.

Really looking forward to getting it. Comes today (15th) doesn't it?

I haven't changed the difficulty and it does seem relatively easy. I think the teams are more varied as well. I struggle to get the ball off Roma but I line up against Brazil and they hardly touch it.

Tevez is outrageously good.

I've already decided my mission is to become world champions (or whatever it is on Master League) with Qarabag.

I've seen that too. You never know. It's got a hell of a lot going for it in my opinion. You can play genuinely beautiful football whilst it still feels realistic in the process.

I've found myself pissing around on the demo for this today rather than playing FIFA 15.

Really looking forward to getting it. Comes today (15th) doesn't it?

Depends where you are. It is out in the US and South America today, Europe gets on Thursday and us lowly Brits get it on Friday. Japan have to wait until 1st Oct! 

Why that is I have no bloody idea

Played both the FIFA 16 and PES 16 demo this morning and PES 16 was BY FAR the better game. 

PES 16 actually plays like a real game of football. FIFA 16 is just a back/forth end to end jolly with no real tactics / difference between players. PES 16 felt much more tactical. Winning the ball back was more enjoyable, defending actually felt like a decent challenge and it was pretty fun to try and win the ball. 

In the 2 matches I played I saw more different types of goals / shots than I have in FIFA in years. Also the keepers make interesting saves and the rebounds, etc. are always different.

I can totally overlook the official licenses / player names if the quality of the football is much better, and it is, by miles. It doesn't feel anywhere near as wooden / scripted and it had a really nice flow to it. 

I'm sold. FIFA 16 pre-order cancelled. PES 2016 ordered. Done.  

Played both the FIFA 16 and PES 16 demo this morning and PES 16 was BY FAR the better game. 

PES 16 actually plays like a real game of football. FIFA 16 is just a back/forth end to end jolly with no real tactics / difference between players. PES 16 felt much more tactical. Winning the ball back was more enjoyable, defending actually felt like a decent challenge and it was pretty fun to try and win the ball. 

In the 2 matches I played I saw more different types of goals / shots than I have in FIFA in years. Also the keepers make interesting saves and the rebounds, etc. are always different.

I can totally overlook the official licenses / player names if the quality of the football is much better, and it is, by miles. It doesn't feel anywhere near as wooden / scripted and it had a really nice flow to it. 

I'm sold. FIFA 16 pre-order cancelled. PES 2016 ordered. Done.  

I 100% agree, the variance in gameplay is staggering compared with FIFA 

With regards to kits, just get a decent file which the editing bods on the PES sites will create and it'll take about 20 mins to upload. They're really incredible and the kits look even better than they do on FIFA somehow and have all league logo's etc. 

I spoke to my best mate earlier and he's been FIFA since 09 and he couldn't believe how good PES was this year and has already committed to converting this year

How do the editing files work? Does someone do a file which updates all of the team names / player names / kits at once? 

Or do you have to download separately for each team? 

I'm sure I've read that they'll definitely be available for the PS4 this year as well right? 

There's a few video's about showing how to do it, it looks really easy.

The only slight issue is that it's not all done together like on the PS3. All kits are created by these people as one image so put them all on your USB, then when you go to editor you need to do all kits individually from what I understand but it takes less than 10 seconds to do. Overall it'll probably take you 20mins or so to do the entire Premiership and a further 20 mins for Championship but that's it then. Also because of this editing feature which looks great once you have the images on the USB you can reuse them and put them in the stadiums, on the pitch as you walk out etc  

Finally got round to playing the demo for this and it is really fvcking fun to play.

Isn't it! I actually played the demo for about 20 minutes this morning and came away from the console smiling. The goals feel like you have to work for them and they feel great when they come off. In FIFA the goals have started to feel like an eventually that just happen if you keep doing the same move, over and over and over again.

So glad I opened up my mind a bit and gave it a go - I'm actually going to enjoy playing a football game in 2015/2016.

Archived