Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
parisianfox

Kante

He's too good for us. Keeping him and Marez for the long term is really going to be our best chance of cementing our place in the top 6 for the inevitable future. Yes we might get someone as good or better, but how often do teams replace good players with overpriced average players.

Give them all a big raise but I cant see them saying no to an elite team e.g. real madrid/ barca, and they do really look like they have potential to get to those types of teams. 

His touch and passing let him down too much to play for any of those sides

I certainly think he would be more than good enough, however he may find his role altered, for example, he could easily play in front of barca's back 4 in the busquets role, but his job would purely be to break up play and pass the ball 10 yards to other players, would take away from his little driving runs forward.

I certainly think he would be more than good enough, however he may find his role altered, for example, he could easily play in front of barca's back 4 in the busquets role, but his job would purely be to break up play and pass the ball 10 yards to other players, would take away from his little driving runs forward.

Yeah I suppose, I still think that his touch is maybe what stops him from reaching the upper echelons of the game

Yeah I suppose, I still think that his touch is maybe what stops him from reaching the upper echelons of the game

He's just asked to do so much for us, for one of those teams he could concentrate on the best part of his game. Even if he was a squad player for them to use in certain games, or to hold leads etc.

He's just asked to do so much for us, for one of those teams he could concentrate on the best part of his game. Even if he was a squad player for them to use in certain games, or to hold leads etc.

I can't see even the likes of Barca and Real paying the £30m+ for a squad player which I appreciate is a different question as to whether or not he's good enough

He's too good for us. Keeping him and Marez for the long term is really going to be our best chance of cementing our place in the top 6 for the inevitable future. Yes we might get someone as good or better, but how often do teams replace good players with overpriced average players.

Give them all a big raise but I cant see them saying no to an elite team e.g. real madrid/ barca, and they do really look like they have potential to get to those types of teams. 

I think with the money we woud get for Mahrez we could get a replacement plus another goal scorer so I wouldn't be too bothered and would trust the judgement of our scouts. Replacing Kante on the other hand is almost an impossible task. There isn't many players like him in the world that would come to us!

His touch and passing let him down too much to play for any of those sides

Yeah I suppose given the way they play it's a bit different. He'd be a perfect fit for Atletico if anyone. I still think he'd have a lot to offer to any of those sides though.

his actual pass %ages are pretty good (especially compared to most of our team) he just looks like everything he does is rushed so people think he's panicking on the ball or lacks technique. 

ie. first half yesterday 85% pass completion. first half @ man city 100% pass completion.

Yeah I suppose given the way they play it's a bit different. He'd be a perfect fit for Atletico if anyone. I still think he'd have a lot to offer to any of those sides though.

He wins the ball back quite high up for us and he can he starts a transition very quickly and if he went to Barca for example he'd play as the holding midfielder and he'd have to temper the closing down that he does. To get the best out of him I think he needs to play as a two.

He wins the ball back quite high up for us and he can he starts a transition very quickly and if he went to Barca for example he'd play as the holding midfielder and he'd have to temper the closing down that he does. To get the best out of him I think he needs to play as a two.

Barca would play him in defence like MAschareno. In fact he is a lot like Maschereno but IMO even better

His passing and touch has improved ten fold since he's even been here. Always relied on pace and winning the ball back to actually beat players but now he actually beats players with good touch. Am I the only one that thinks his passing has come on loads too?

He wouldn't be happy just sitting in front of the back four.

He said when he came here that he seen himself as a box to box player rather than the "Makelele" role.

His passing and touch has improved ten fold since he's even been here. Always relied on pace and winning the ball back to actually beat players but now he actually beats players with good touch. Am I the only one that thinks his passing has come on loads too?

No.

When people were raving about him here I always thought he was weak on the ball but brilliant off it. He's much better on the ball than he was six months a go.

Was listening to the Guardian Football Weekly and French journalist Phillipe Auclair firmly believes Kante is currently the best midfielder in Europe.

We're gonna do well to hold on this guy beyond summer 2017. We will refine his game and improve him even more in certain aspects and I genuinely, and unfortunately, believe he will be purchased by a bigger club. I'm talking about Man City or Chelsea or Bayern Munich or PSG.

His passing has improved so has his first touch.

He will improve even more next season if we play Champions League football.

Archived