Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
parisianfox

Kante

Kante epitomises the modern day central midfielder.

He's not got a lot of 'flair'...you don't see him shinny past a couple of players then cooly slot it home from 25 yards. He basically can't shoot.

But he's a shield. His fitness levels, his energy, his desire to 'burst' either way, going forward when attacking, or backward when defending is utterly invaluable. You'll very rarely see him watch an opposition midfielder as he runs past him. Some midfielders do do that. They watch almost as though they can't be arsed to track back OR they are too slow or knackered to do so.

Not so with Kante..He almost looks as fresh after 80 mins as he does at 10 mins in.

The fact that we've conceded fewer goals to opposition midfielders this season, compared to last is no coincidence. Just study his stats. He breaks up attacks before they reach our penalty area, giving the defence more time to compose themselves and to regroup. Again, it's no coincidence our defenders this season haven't made 'silly errors' like they did last season. They are simply not put under as much pressure, even in a 442.

I love watching him play. Because I know he's exactly the type of player we needed. He's instantly become one of my fave ever City players.

Arsenal fans moaning on Twitter about Kante being picked for France ahead of Coquelin! lol

never seems like a second in the day where you dont hear an Arsenal fan moaning at something,

I had alot of respect for most Arsenal fans until a week or so ago, but they have just shown themselves to be a much of moronic tw@

what happens if you put a 100 million buy out clause on a player but then decide you want rid.

Are you stuck with that player til his contract runs out?

Haha! No. A minimum release clause is just to force the club to accept a bid of at least the stated amount. They can accept a bid of £0 if they want.

He is an example to all youngsters learning the game about energy, persistence, timing, quality and team work. He probably has a lot more improvement in him which is a frighteningly exciting!

I have idle daydream where someone like West Brom or whoever decides to park the bus and Kante scores a couple of screamers for the 25 yard mark.

Unless I have dreamt reading it - the Arsenal loving so called football journo Jon Cross wrote in his rag, The Mirror, in his points awarded for yesterdays game section that Kante was "hooked off"  early as he was ineffective. Pillock of the first order !

it's bad luck and bad timing. I think Kante is gonna miss the Euro because of this small injury. Deschamps will give his list for the two friendly games around March 20 and Kante won't play before March 12. If he is not called up for those friendly games, he loses all chances to be called for the Euro.

it's bad luck and bad timing. I think Kante is gonna miss the Euro because of this small injury. Deschamps will give his list for the two friendly games around March 20 and Kante won't play before March 12. If he is not called up for those friendly games, he loses all chances to be called for the Euro.

The earliest he can be available is the 14th of March - Leicester City vs Newcastle United.

Archived