Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
brisfox

Famous people you have met. What were they like? Did any of them play for City? Famous people your mates have met.

Before Christmas I opened the door for Serge and Tom from Kasabian one morning on their way into the office reception, Tom gave me a nice, loud "CHEERS MATEH." I'd just been to the gym and my bag contained my green and yellow 83-85 away kit. I thought about getting it out and bonding with them over a shared love for the club, perhaps getting them to sign it, then I figured they wouldn't fancy handling a sweat-sodden, stinking shirt and besides, bothering the 'talent' is somewhat frowned upon. 

Later that day I popped down to have a look at them rehearsing, I was one in a crowd of about 10. It was nice.

I worked at St George's Park for a short while and met the majority of the England squad at the time. Sterling Baines and especially Rickie tossing Lambert were bellends of the highest order. Really liked Danny Welbeck and Gary Cahill, pleasure to be around.

Also served Rory Delap. I offered to throw his pint to him at the other end of the room. Glad he found the funny side. Nice bloke.

Finally James Scowcroft. Told him I was a big fan of his, he was a very humble man. Polite too.

Special mention to Danny Ings. Top top man. Did a room service that included two wines and he asked me if one was for him. Got chatting and I asked if he would move to Leicester... (During 14/15 while he was at Burnley) he laughed it off and I said well when you lot go down you can change your mind... He laughed again... Probably half wishing he could deck me...

In the early eighties a group of us were travelling on a train somewhere between Crewe and Preston on the way to watch City play Carlisle away. Whilst wandering down the train one of our group noticed that Limahl from Kajagoogoo was sitting on his own in a different carriage. This was shortly after he had just risen to fame with their recent No 1 hit. So we all went down an danced around him and singing Too Shy Shy to him. Rather embarrassing I know but was quite funny at the time and he liked it.

• Like 1

Just now, Blue Fox 72 said:

In the early eighties a group of us were travelling on a train somewhere between Crewe and Preston on the way to watch City play Carlisle away. Whilst wandering down the train one of our group noticed that Limahl from Kajagoogoo was sitting on his own in a different carriage. This was shortly after he had just risen to fame with their recent No 1 hit. So we all went down an danced around him and singing Too Shy Shy to him. Rather embarrassing I know but was quite funny at the time and he liked it.

Did he tell you to Hush Hush

• Haha 2

Saw Vardy drive through Syston town centre on Wednesday morning.

Looked more like a builder with a colourful woolly hat on than a footballer..

Paul Dickov, who purchased Father's house in Markfield when he first came; although not infrequently a visitor now, he still has some family link in Leicester and used to be a keen user of one of the nearby golf clubs.

Does Steve Walsh still run an Indian restaurant near Wigston way somewhere?

Also met Cliff Richard in a restaurant in Barbados in 2016, approachable and laid-back like he was when he worked.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

1 hour ago, Lcfccon said:

I once met Tom Meighan (Kasabian) in the Rowley Suite when I was bought tickets in there for my birthday. Bought us both a shot and made the joke of "shouldn't you be buying", he took it well! seems like Really top bloke who takes time out for a picture and to talk with kids etc...

Tom is a lovely bloke, really polite and genuine. I was behind him in the queue in Queen's Rd Subway once and he spent about £6, paid with a £20 and put all the change in the charity box on the counter. I know he's minted, but still, nice thing to do - he's really down to earth.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, danny. said:

Tom is a lovely bloke, really polite and genuine. I was behind him in the queue in Queen's Rd Subway once and he spent about £6, paid with a £20 and put all the change in the charity box on the counter. I know he's minted, but still, nice thing to do - he's really down to earth.

Think he has moved to Narborough? Seen him several times recently in the local Tesco Express. Seems nice enough and down to earth.

if anyone ever shakes hands with Kasper remember to have an ambulance ready to reassemble all bones in the hand?Like a Viper, I love a proper handshake but that bloke is on a different level, whereas I imagine Riyad to be like a Wet Lettuce .

• Haha 1

Interested to know if anyone has ever met Matt Elliott anywhere other than a pub. And if there is any positive meetings with Lineker. I met Morrissey in the 90s and he signed the only thing I could find at the time. Nice guy, very humble.

B7YzkuCIQAEl2F2.jpg

18 hours ago, Karljohn said:

Interested to know if anyone has ever met Matt Elliott anywhere other than a pub. And if there is any positive meetings with Lineker. I met Morrissey in the 90s and he signed the only thing I could find at the time. Nice guy, very humble.

B7YzkuCIQAEl2F2.jpg

I have met Matt Elliott a few times. I got talking to him about Brexit ( he was very pro Leave) down at the media centre at the KP. I was also with him at the Counting House on the night we won the Prem. Special memory.

I met myself once...at first It was all exciting, decent bloke. Even offered myself a beer, and an 

Indian take-away to share..

After awhile it became quite boring, couldnt hold my tongue with decent folk were  around.

But you see, I cant control myself, once the moaners and naggers get going...

We all know the world is a mess and literally plastic..too much plastic, but trying to ruin

my foxes reputation, by going on foxestalk forum, a platform for wise, causic, witty, entertaining

poesie, and abusing my idols with negative discord everyweek, just puts me in that

infamous-inglorious-bastards mode, where as famous as I am, I have to come out with some

quite pathetic humour, to balance out the neg-vibes, in favour of the Real-understanding-fox-fan..!!!

OH dear...!!!   Fame can sometimes be a burden, its an hard life....innit..

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I used to do a load of work in Market Bosworth 15-20 years ago. I was driving through the village when Matt Elliot crossed the road in front of me. I papped him and gave him the thumbs and was immediately embarrassed by my own patheticness . He gave me a confused thumbs up in reply.

A few years later I was crossing the same road when someone in an old Merc papped me. I looked at the car and it was Matt Elliot giving me the thumbs up. That's the gods honest truth.

You're both photo journalists?

On 28/03/2017 at 20:29, tylesta said:

Mark selby gets along very well with his brother

Apart from when Malc is calling him halfway through a world championship snooker game to see if he'll give him £20

for gas lol