Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxoffderby

Ongoing Transfer Talk

He had no offers and was about to join the MLS, his family moved there

That's not correct - his wife is American (with a Romanian background) and lived in NY for a while before they met. Well, they share a place there and she owns a (sports?) marketing company, hence the connection.

He spent a prolonged period in the States during a long injury spell in early 2014 whilst at Schalke.

After that, he returned to live in Düsseldorf to fulfill the last year of his contract.

His wife usually visits him with the kids every month or so.

Not only was Fuchs not offered a new contract, but I believe he lost his place in the first XI midway through last season, give or take. I think he definitely qualifies as a "castoff."

Definitely qualifies as a cast off then. Wasn't aware he lost his place in the first 11 too.

Just shows what quality you can pick up from these 'cast offs' lol

Would never join us. I dont think I'd want him either, if we still want a team built on hard work.

I have always said that but after watching him against Chelsea the other night I thought he was outstanding and his work rate really surprised me.

Trying to bring him in for one season can only boost us in our champions league debut season.

That said I don't think we will get him

Can't understand why he would be a bad signing!?

Before he moved to Man City he was probably one of the most feared strikers in the prem, it just hasn't worked for him there. (Same as Benteke with Liverpool) this doesn't mean they wouldn't be good signing though.

I don't understand the whole demand of wanted every player to be the complete athlete, you need to look for players that bring different qualities rather than just running around. It was the same as when Yakubu was here, everyone hated him but look at his goal return, wasn't it a goal a game or something!? At the end of the day all you want from a striker is to put the ball into the back of the net!

Kram wasn't in the team not just based on work rate, he physically wasn't ready, poor decision making, low on confidence and clearly not ready for this standard of football yet.

Bony or even Benteke with some confidence will give you goals, physically strong (something we lack), good in the air (something we lack) and with premier and European experience, something we should hopefully need for next season. For whatever reasons it hasn't worked for both of them, we are likely to get them on a cut price?

Sorry EGB, I've been unwell so have only just seen your response.

In answer to your question, I think Bony could still do very well in the prem, as he is a good player, just not for us.

Think about it, when he was successful at Swansea, he played the lone striker role, for a team for thrived off keeping possession. We are like the polar opposite of this style of play and we require both vards and shinji to track back and defend when necessary. Bony would do zero and I mean zero defensive work. I saw him a few times for the swans and I'm not joking when I say if he lost the ball he literally just stopped dead and walked around until the team won it back. That would not suit our game and although we may want to look at signing players so we can diversify the way we play, we do not want to completely change a mentality and methodology that has been so successful for us either, even Leo puts the hard yards in when on the pitch!

Therefore Bony at Leicester is an awful shout and would never ever happen with our current set up at the club. I do think if he moves elsewhere to a club who play a different way he could still do well, but he clearly needs to be a big fish in a small pond as he's really struggled at Man City.

That's not correct - his wife is American (with a Romanian background) and lived in NY for a while before they met. Well, they share a place there and she owns a (sports?) marketing company, hence the connection.

He spent a prolonged period in the States during a long injury spell in early 2014 whilst at Schalke.

After that, he returned to live in Düsseldorf to fulfill the last year of his contract.

His wife usually visits him with the kids every month or so.

You're right.It was a NBC commentor who wrongly  said this a while back even though Fuchs stated at the beginning of the season he had planned to do 3 more years in Europe

Santiago Arias from PSV to upgrade right back! Hakim Ziyech to add quality and depth to the wings, chantome on a free because Ranieri wants him apparently in place of Inler and Musa for up top. Players such as Amartey and Gray will come on and on next season also

Hakim Ziyech has been playing in the center of a midfield 3 all season. 

Would anyone take Eliaquim Mangala?

For me, yes, in a Man City shirt he has been disappointing. But he is maturing in age and seems ot me like he has all the physical attributes to be a top class central defender. Imposing and strong.

Id look at him, especially with the Pep clearout

No one thought Zlatsn would go to PSG.

He said himself, his next move will be a big surprise.

Football is a crazy world. Zlatan is a world class football player. Then again, so are Kante and Mahrez.

Champions League football attracts a different type of player.

Hypothetically, if, just if, he came to Leicester City and we went on to do what Nottingham Forest did by winning the Champions League, with Zlatan / Vardy leading the front line. Would people finally acknowledge that he is on the same level as Ronaldo and Messi?

Football is a crazy world. Zlatan is a world class football player. Then again, so are Kante and Mahrez.

Hypothetically, if, just if, he came to Leicester City and we went on to do what Nottingham Forest did by winning the Champions League, with Zlatan / Vardy leading the front line. Would people finally acknowledge that he is on the same level as Ronaldo and Messi?

Wow

Meh ..... You've got to dream! It's been a crazy season.

Ultimately football on any given day is 11 v 11. We've proved this year that you don't need to spend the earth to get the better 11.

Who knows what the future holds! This time next season, we may be in the same position as Aston Villa.

Meh ..... You've got to dream! It's been a crazy season.

Ultimately football on any given day is 11 v 11. We've proved this year that you don't need to spend the earth to get the better 11.

Who knows what the future holds! This time next season, we may be in the same position as Aston Villa.

No we won't Villa have been shite for a number of years and what little class they did have last season when they finished 17th left in the summer, Given,Vlaar,Delph and Benteke, it took us a long time to find our feet last season and we finished 14th, we strengthened in a number of positions gained valuable experience and adapted our style of play to suit our players. We now have a pretty settled starting 11 give or take a couple of players. We have evolved and those who think we are the same side that this time last season were bottom of the league are mistaken.

Only Kasper and Wes had full seasons last year with Ritad and Vardy struggling to find their feet for much of the season. We now have settled full backs and in Huth a solid partner for Wes, how many more points would this back 5 have won us last year when we had Konch, Moore and De laet playing many of the games (no disrespect to them as they helped us get here but we have improved). 7 more points and we would have finished 10th

No way would Ibrahimovic come here. He'll end his career at an established top-flight club with several recent trophies to its name or go abroad where he can loads of money and be the standalone star of the team (China, for instance).

I also don't see him fitting in in terms of player personality. For a club that puts such an emphasis on the group/the team, his attitude could prove toxic.

Archived