Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

Premier League Season 2016-17 Stuff it in here.

yeah that's the only part I disagreed with. My hope is always to win whatever competition we're in but I'd be ok with a top 5 finish and another go at Champions League. At the very least I'd be disappointed if we didn't finish above arse or spuds.

How is 10-12th fair?!

Are they assuming that at least 9 out of 11 of these teams will finish above us?

Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City, Man United, Liverpool, Spurs, West Ham, Southampton, Everton, Stoke, and who else? Crystal Palace?!

Okay, whatever if they assume the "big clubs" finish above us. But Southampton and possibly West Ham will have Europa League, so the argument about more fixtures could apply to them too. Everton still look like a mess to me. And we finished with 30 more points than Stoke.

A "fair assessment" could have been 7th-10th.

Or, I don't know, maybe 1st-10th. We did win the league by 10 points. It is a bit ridiculous to predict such narrow league positions after what happened last season and all the new managers.

On ‎31‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 17:21, Matt said:

Chelsea offer between £60 - £75m for Lukaku.

He's good, very good, but not worth that, again winds me up more about how much we rolled over/lost Kante for and how much other teams think they can get our players for cheap in the current transfer market.

Ooh, in other news (not Premier League news exactly) I heard a report the other day, no source or links unfortunately so take it or leave it but who is the 4th best paid player in the world, any guesses?

Reveal hidden contents

Graziano Pelle.

How on earth?! I know it's probably too late but something needs to be done about the astronomical fees within football. He's bang average!!

Moved to China didn't he, they are just paying stupid wages over there.

9 hours ago, FireFox said:

How is 10-12th fair?!

Are they assuming that at least 9 out of 11 of these teams will finish above us?

Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City, Man United, Liverpool, Spurs, West Ham, Southampton, Everton, Stoke, and who else? Crystal Palace?!

Okay, whatever if they assume the "big clubs" finish above us. But Southampton and possibly West Ham will have Europa League, so the argument about more fixtures could apply to them too. Everton still look like a mess to me. And we finished with 30 more points than Stoke.

A "fair assessment" could have been 7th-10th.

Or, I don't know, maybe 1st-10th. We did win the league by 10 points. It is a bit ridiculous to predict such narrow league positions after what happened last season and all the new managers.

If you look closely you'll see that's the part that's disagreed with. The rest of the article I think is fair.

Man City signed 'one of the best young talent' in Brazil for £27m, whilst we only paid up to £8m for a promising youngster.

Doesn't appear that our Champions tag has pushed other clubs to make us pay a ransom for talent this Summer.

39 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Nathan Dyer has got a new 4 year contract at Swansea. Impressed in training or have they got desperate? 

I think it suggests the rumours doing the rounds about him falling out big time with Monk had some truth to them.

12 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Nathan Dyer will never believe his luck.

Has a player ever been loaned out won the premier league then return to their parent club and sign a new contract. 

If if we hadn't won the league and finished mid-table we probably would have signed him permanently. 

Guest seanfox778

Isn't it weird that there's currently an unemployed chap who in just over a weeks time will be managing a Premier League game against the Premier League champions? I wonder who Hull will get, this season must look so bleak for a fan of theirs

Archived