Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

Premier League Season 2016-17 Stuff it in here.

On ‎03‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 03:05, limeydale said:

on the main i think it's a fair assessment. Agree or disagree.

http://soccer.nbcsports.com/2016/08/02/premier-league-2016-17-season-preview-leicester-city/

I disagree. It basically says Kante is worth 30 point to the team. It also fails to appreciate key aspects. The back 5 is unchanged. It was reported a year ago that Kante was second choice to Mendy so he has he just been replaced with the first choice? Also, has 5 in to 1 of note out really weakened the team who won by a clear 10 points last season.

Also the last 9 games of the 2014-15 season were Kante less and the best in the league, the 38 games (which Kante didn't play all) last season were the best in the league. Take those almost 50 games and LC were the best points machine by a long way, really a long long way. If Kante really was worth 30 points then the owners should have paid him £20mn a season.

41 minutes ago, Bazly said:

I disagree. It basically says Kante is worth 30 point to the team. It also fails to appreciate key aspects. The back 5 is unchanged. It was reported a year ago that Kante was second choice to Mendy so he has he just been replaced with the first choice? Also, has 5 in to 1 of note out really weakened the team who won by a clear 10 points last season.

Also the last 9 games of the 2014-15 season were Kante less and the best in the league, the 38 games (which Kante didn't play all) last season were the best in the league. Take those almost 50 games and LC were the best points machine by a long way, really a long long way. If Kante really was worth 30 points then the owners should have paid him £20mn a season.

I agree... but Kante was first choice, Mendy only got mentioned after Ranieri joined and we'd bid on Kante when we didn't even have a manager.

2 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Sums them up that even their own players are mocking what a shambles it is. They could genuinely be worse than Villa here.

Seems more like Blackpool

1 minute ago, Dan LCFC said:

Sums them up that even their own players are mocking what a shambles it is. They could genuinely be worse than Villa here.

we could be looking at some new premier league records being set by them next season 

Jakupovic

Robertson Davies Maguire Elmohamody

Clucas Huddlestone Livermore Snodgrass

Maloney Hernandez

subs:

Kuciak (GK), Meyler, Diomande + Luer, Lenihan, Tymon, Jarhaldo-Martin.

This is the best I can come up with with what Wiki has on Hull's squad, Luer, Lenihan, Tymon and Jarhaldo-Martin are youth teamers.

I know papers and websites need stuff to write but things like this are getting pretty tedious now 

"Arsenal are interested in signing the Valencia and Germany defender Shkodran Mustafi.

The Gunners have yet to submit a bid to the Spanish club"

10 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

I know papers and websites need stuff to write but things like this are getting pretty tedious now 

"Arsenal are interested in signing the Valencia and Germany defender Shkodran Mustafi.

The Gunners have yet to submit a bid to the Spanish club"

Announce Mustafi.

3 hours ago, Stevosevic said:

Not a football ground...

Give me the KP anyday

I went along tonight as I live in the borough and it's not that bad in reality.

The away end will be by the corner flag in that picture and extend all the way back into the upper tier, not to dissimilar to Man City. The view at the back won't be as bad as say Sunderland though, despite the Olympic Stadium being a multi-purpose stadium.

9 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36992750

West Ham sign Andre Ayew for £20m. Bit expensive, but he did score 12 in a poor Swansea team. Could be a decent signing for West Ham, should definitely be useful in rotation at least.

Good profit For Swansea that after signing him on a free last season 

EVERY PREMIER LEAGUE FAN IN 90 SECONDS 2016/17! Tag a mate who acts like this...

Posted by The Football Republic on Friday, 5 August 2016

Apologies if this has been posted before but i did have a (quick) check! utter genius. not sure if the link will work....https://www.facebook.com/thefootballrepublic/videos/vb.650898171678963/828705070564938/?type=2&theater

I know the PL gets a load of stick but I've been thinking, the PL era is the most interesting/exciting period in our history. 4 play off finals, winning 2. 3 league cup finals, winning 2 and we've won league 1, the championship and the premier league. 2 European ties as well.

Modern football has been pretty good to us.

Archived