Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

Premier League Season 2016-17 Stuff it in here.

10 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

You deserve to be injured if you choose Palace or Bournmouth over somewhere like Benfica or Roma. 

He's got a couple of young kids, I would imagine that plays a part in where you go.   Plus family and friends etc...  Plus they are still premiership clubs.

1 minute ago, purpleronnie said:

He's got a couple of young kids, I would imagine that plays a part in where you go.   Plus family and friends etc...  Plus they are still premiership clubs.

Yeah, those kids would be scarred for life spending a year in Rome or Lisbon.

I'm glad I was raised in Maesteg and Leicester so I never had to suffer that trauma.

Sissoko for £30m is absolutely bonkers. Would be worth a third of that if he hadn't played well in the Euros final.

A big claim, but possibly the most inflated deal of the window so far. He was absolute gash for Newcastle last season.

10 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Really struggling to understand the £80m+ amount for Pogba still.

I wouldn't rate him in same category as Bale, Messi nor Ronaldo.

To justify that amount expectation he have 25+ assists or something.

its not about that imo, jose needed a big money signing to massage his ego.

is it just me who dislikes wilshere more than before because now he has finally been replaced at arsenal, he wants to go out on loan rather than stay and fight for his place.

bet he'd love nothing more than to help someone like bournemouth beat the club who pay his astronomical wages.

22 minutes ago, Royston. said:

is it just me who dislikes wilshere more than before because now he has finally been replaced at arsenal, he wants to go out on loan rather than stay and fight for his place.

bet he'd love nothing more than to help someone like bournemouth beat the club who pay his astronomical wages.

Nah he's a potentially class England player when fit and he needs a run of games to try and get some fitness and consistency, nothing wrong with that. 

43 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

I'd be disappointed if we signed any of Wanyama Janssen and Sissoko especially at those prices nevermind all three. Looks like they've gone for the physical approach.

Spurs prioritise wages. If they brought in a big name player on big dollar, then they'd have various players asking for new deals. Apparently they are paying the likes of Kane and Eriksen way under the market rate 

11 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Really struggling to understand the £80m+ amount for Pogba still.

I wouldn't rate him in same category as Bale, Messi nor Ronaldo.

To justify that amount expectation he have 25+ assists or something.

The fee is not only about his football potential, Pogba is a brand. All young kids look up to him, Messi and Ronaldo are getting older. Pogba's shirts across next 5 years will lead to ridiculous profits,  even if he plays average football, the deal will be brilliant to United. 

At the end of the day people have to remember clubs are run for profit, Pogba has biggest marketing potential out of any young upcoming players, he has that charisma about that will most likely make this investment a very wise one. He was worth every penny for United, United as global brand needed him. Even if the price is inflated, think of it like long term investing.

1 minute ago, Alakagom said:

The fee is not only about his football potential, Pogba is a brand. All young kids look up to him, Messi and Ronaldo are getting older. Pogba's shirts across next 5 years will lead to ridiculous profits,  even if he plays average football, the deal will be brilliant to United

At the end of the day people have to remember clubs are run for profit, Pogba has biggest marketing potential out of any young upcoming players, he has that charisma about that will most likely make this investment a very wise one. He was worth every penny for United, United as global brand needed him.

If he plays average, young kids will move onto someone else.

Though yes, if he does play well enough to continue to be a "superstar", then it's a brilliant deal for United.

But then again, especially if United miss out on CL again, just playing "well enough" in the Prem might not be enough. The league is filled with "superstars".

2 hours ago, Alakagom said:

The fee is not only about his football potential, Pogba is a brand. All young kids look up to him, Messi and Ronaldo are getting older. Pogba's shirts across next 5 years will lead to ridiculous profits,  even if he plays average football, the deal will be brilliant to United. 

Manchester United don't make a penny off shirt sales. 

http://thesetpieces.com/features/transfer-window-myth-busting/

Even if they did it would be around 10-15% of every shirt. £5 per shirt. 

"delight all around burnley with their club record fee being broken to sign jeff hendrick" 

blimey. we spent a few years at a similar level to that. they were actually a rival of ours. now we're signing worldwide known, top european marksmen from all over the world and they are "delighted" to have paid a ridiculous amount for someone from derby. nice. 

Incidentally, I'm glad the top three have had perfect starts to the season. It puts us once again well and truly in the underdog status, removing any pressure. I just hope we show the 'lower' teams the respect they deserve, and not waltz in assuming vardy and co will ease past the assumed relegation fodder.

Archived