Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

Premier League Season 2016-17 Stuff it in here.

19 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

We're laughing. We won the league last year and had a better window than Spurs, Everton, Arsenal & West Ham for me.

Agreed. In all honesty I think we've had one of the best transfer windows in the PL. Manchester United have signed the best players, but is their squad really that much better than ours? They still have to compete in Europe & have shite players like Fellaini, Phil Jones, Rojo, Lingaard & Ashley Young.

If Steve Walsh isnt at Everton to do what he did at Leicester, which we assume is unearth value for money talent from hidden markets, then what exactly is his role at the club?

Literally anyone could say "that guy in the final of the euros looked alright. Lets just bid a shitload and try and get him. That Bolasie looks a bit tricky. Yeah lets just bid a shitload for him too, who cares"

I dont know, maybe its the way of the markets anyway.

Kante went criminally cheaply.

4 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

Agreed. In all honesty I think we've had one of the best transfer windows in the PL. Manchester United have signed the best players, but is their squad really that much better than ours? They still have to compete in Europe & have shite players like Fellaini, Phil Jones, Rojo, Lingaard & Ashley Young.

The spine of their team is very formiddable, but i do take your point.

Our window has been a very good one.

16 minutes ago, StanSP said:

wait, this means West Ham are left with only Sakho and Carroll, who are very, very injury prone? And then they have Calleri who has looked absolute dogshit so far this season?!

Simone Zaza, André Ayew?

Why are Spurs just adding players they don't seem to need?

They were superb last season, a great team, but now he's signed a top goalscorer from the Netherlands meaning Kane has to play deeper which results in Alli not playing and they were two of his best players last season. He seemed determined to get Wanyama yet now that's two defensive midfielders when he plays with Dier?

They signed a winger last night, wanted Zaha and failed, got Sissoko in... I know there's plenty of competitions but it's like he was just adding to it for no reason, especially at £30+ million. Surely those aren't going to get in front of Lamela, Eriksen and Alli for starters. 

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

wait, this means West Ham are left with only Sakho and Carroll, who are very, very injury prone? And then they have Calleri who has looked absolute dogshit so far this season?!

You seem quite alarmed by West Ham's supposed striker crisis!

They also have Ashley Fletcher in the squad plus have just signed Zaza.

9 hours ago, Fox92 said:

They were superb last season, a great team, but now he's signed a top goalscorer from the Netherlands meaning Kane has to play deeper which results in Alli not playing and they were two of his best players last season. He seemed determined to get Wanyama yet now that's two defensive midfielders when he plays with Dier?

They signed a winger last night, wanted Zaha and failed, got Sissoko in... I know there's plenty of competitions but it's like he was just adding to it for no reason, especially at £30+ million. Surely those aren't going to get in front of Lamela, Eriksen and Alli for starters. 

Strength in depth? Options? 

Maybe they do have a stacked midfield now, but they definitely needed an extra striker imo. If Kane got injured last season they would've really struggled to replace him with anyone near as good. Same for us with Vardy really, hence Musa and Slimani.

10 hours ago, Fox92 said:

They realise  they need new players who haven't  got the demeanor of a beaten dog. 

A few years back i remember an england team with 6 liverpool players.... coz they were winners. Woys england team relied on too many players who were still shaken by comibg third on a two horse race. 

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Not that it matters to us much but heard recently that Ed Woodward will leave Utd within 2 years time. 

Bet most Man Utd fans are tearing their hair out hearing this. Quite unpopular.

Archived