Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

Steve Walsh.

Just now, Webbo said:

Do you think that Walsh had a release clause? Somebody offered him a job and he took it, these things happen.

Oh yeah I get that. It's a better job too (as DOF) and it's hugely disappointing but that doesn't take away my other two points.

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I would have thought rudkin works pretty closely with the owners on big decisions such as important contracts. I expect they are quite 'hands on'

Yeah great he will be good on offering Keane and Brady shit loads no doubt.

Walsh is a scouting kingpin throughout Europe.

this feels like a pre admin fire sale 

2 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

The way it's going we would've been in a better position not having the season we did.

i hoped for a few marquee signings and push on.

lose kante

lose walsh

mahrez rumoured

Vardy fiasco 

what a load of bollocks so far :(

If everybody left, last season was still worth it.

16 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Ffs calm down everyone. We have lost one player and head scout and some of you are going into melt-down. If he wanted to leave, for whatever reasons, then so be it.. I felt the same when Mark McGhee left.

i agree it is very odd, but before we tar and feather Rudders, let's wait for a statement from the Club. 

We we need a new signing (and not Brady) to energise us all.

To be honest I don't want any new signings if Walsh leaves...

it'll be Matt Mills and Yakubu

We all need to calm down, rest assured Everton have probably doubled/trebled his wages and his daughter and family live in the North-West. Snap up Southamptions chief scout, horrible how the food chain works!

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Well it was said they had one in their last contract.

It was said by who?

Who knows why he left, wanted to move closer to his roots? Thinks he's achieved as much here as he can and wants a new challenge?Maybe the money offered was ridiculous? Why do we always have to have a scapegoat? 

2 minutes ago, Webbo said:

If everybody left, last season was still worth it.

Hmmm 

easy to say that now hypothetically, if we was relegated this season and embarrassed in the champions league, I'm confident the success story loses some edge

Just now, HankMarvin said:

Hmmm 

easy to say that now hypothetically, if we was relegated this season and embarrassed in the champions league, I'm confident the success story loses some edge

Not for me.

9 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

The way it's going we would've been in a better position not having the season we did.

i hoped for a few marquee signings and push on.

lose kante

lose walsh

mahrez rumoured

Vardy fiasco 

what a load of bollocks so far :(

You forgot, new look to forum.

7 minutes ago, Webbo said:

It was said by who?

Who knows why he left, wanted to move closer to his roots? Thinks he's achieved as much here as he can and wants a new challenge?Maybe the money offered was ridiculous? Why do we always have to have a scapegoat? 

Because after the most successful season in the clubs history key assets are leaving with very little resistance.

Just like when the teams not playing well the manager gets the blame and in this instance its the man in charge of negotiating and keeping ahold of our assets.

City could have easily matched Evertons terms but as i've said the man in charge of the negotiating probably feels letting Walsh leave will enhance his own position and job security.

Its speculation sure but i doubt its far from the truth.

This isn't just a bigger loss than Kante imo, it makes me more pissed off.

No disrepect to Everton and I don't think our success of last season has gone to my head but FFS, we have a better chance of winning the league next season, we have European football, something Everton don't even have a sniff off, we have a better chance than Everton of qualifying for European football next season.

Fuming about this one and he's even more of a judas than Kante, atleast Kante has joined a club that stands quite a high chance of challenging at the top, qualifying for European football and playing with some of the world best players.

****ing Everton...hardly a step up. Jesus.

3 minutes ago, Dames said:

Because after the most successful season in the clubs history key assets are leaving with very little resistance.

Just like when the teams not playing well the manager gets the blame and in this instance its the man in charge of negotiating and keeping ahold of our assets.

City could have easily matched Evertons terms but as i've said the man in charge of the negotiating probably feels letting Walsh leave will enhance his own position and job security.

Its speculation sure but i doubt its far from the truth.

I don't remember Rudkin getting any praise when Kante signed. Seeing as everything in the club is run by him where is the praise for the title?

To me this means 1 of 2 things:

(1) we lack ambition. Not willing to meet people's wage demands. Even Kante said Chelsea are a team that matches his ambition. Although the owners have delivered on their European football promise, it is more by luck (and Walsh) this has happened, not by their investment. Do the owners realise this or do they think it's easy?

(2) Walsh lacks ambition. CR and his team has decided we need to be looking at a higher calibre of player than Keane, Brady or Deeney. So they want to focus on different targets.

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

I don't remember Rudkin getting any praise when Kante signed. Seeing as everything in the club is run by him where is the praise for the title?

Poor example especially when he negotiated a clause which meant the player left for less than his market value. 

Archived