Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

Steve Walsh.

1 minute ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Or maybe he wants to better himself, get a well deserved promotion and some recognition, earn more money, and live closer to his family.

I don't begrudge him one little bit as I'd probably do the same. He doesn't cross the white line and play 90 minutes for us, so I'm not going to get too stressed about it. We won the PL so it was inevitable we'd get raped and pillaged. We need to stop placing blame, get on with it, get over it, and move on...

Can we at least put a mesh cage around John Rudkins head and pour bees into it?

7 minutes ago, Chelve84 said:

Sky and Rob Dorset are about 24hrs behind. Initial bid was rejected but SW wants the move and all that's left to be agreed is compensation between the clubs

£32m should be alright like. 

2 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Or maybe he wants to better himself, get a well deserved promotion and some recognition, earn more money, and live closer to his family.

I don't begrudge him one little bit as I'd probably do the same. He doesn't cross the white line and play 90 minutes for us, so I'm not going to get too stressed about it. We won the PL so it was inevitable we'd get raped and pillaged. We need to stop placing blame, get on with it, get over it, and move on...

Spot on. Let's move on. Any "middling team " (and yes I'm happy with that, especially now we've won something, which can never be taken from us) is going to gets its staff and players plucked from them by the bigger boys. I hope we can stay in the top half of the prem, and perform in the CL without getting battered. This would represent a good season in my opinion. Oh, and give some of those bigger boys a bloody nose along the way.

58 minutes ago, Watson said:

Don't understand that first sentence and don't know how you have come to that conclusion in the second.

Nobody knows why he is leaving but it seems like a promotion, Everton have got a hell of a lot of money, he's from that area and the manager who brought him to the club has been sacked.

Why people always need to claim there's been some sort of controversy or falling out is beyond me.

Its just a play on words from other posts

50 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Or just got offered more money to do a job he will never be able to do here with Rudkin still alive

Swap the words ranieri with Rudkin

12 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

i actually mentioned on a post just beneath the one you quoted that we need to get rid of rudkin and give walsh his job... not because i hate rudkin like some but because i really really rate Walsh.

I know Rob Dorsett is Sky, but I'm still not sure whether to believe him when he says we've rejected an approach from Everton for Walsh. Or maybe I just don't want to believe it for fear of being disappointed when he does eventually leave lol

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I know Rob Dorsett is Sky, but I'm still not sure whether to believe him when he says we've rejected an approach from Everton for Walsh. Or maybe I just don't want to believe it for fear of being disappointed when he does eventually leave lol

Yeah don't get your hopes up mate. He's gone.

1 minute ago, MPH said:

i actually mentioned on a post just beneath the one you quoted that we need to get rid of rudkin and give walsh his job... not because i hate rudkin like some but because i really really rate Walsh.

I rate him too mate and I like your thinking - but if he's really got his heart set on moving back to his family, what can we realistically do to change his mind? It's not always about the money for some people I guess....

Losing Walsh will be a massive blow. But we'll have to continue.

If that means losing key players over the next couple of seasons and we turn into a stoke and finish between 8th-16th every season then so be it. At least we had this season.

Honestly don't think it's quite as bad as people are making out, if we were still lurking in the championship then maybe, but we're the champions. We should be able to find someone who is as good as Walsh if not better to replace him, it's sad to see him go though. But if it's to be with his family then you can't really blame him, also a promotion along with that. 

2 minutes ago, GLC said:

If he wants to go, I wouldn't stand in his way, but in all seriousness why sign I new contract if you're just going to leave at the opportunity 

Because he probably see's it as a jump up for his career? More money? Wants to live in Liverpool? Who knows. 

It will be gutting to lose him but there is no point panicking and creating worst case scenarios and then getting wound up about them.

Hopefully we have members in the scouting team ready to step up.  What will be missed is his little birds (game of thrones reference) watching players around the world.

I'm sure all our targets for the start of the campaign have been identified and work wont stop in getting them in.

The club better get a lot of money in compo if he does go.

If he goes, he goes. We've won the league. I'm trying to not get annoyed about all this stuff; he's already been part of four signings this summer and will surely have identified further signings for Claudio before leaving.

Furthermore... he didn't get EVERY signing right, did he? He was great. But we will move on.

(And if he stays, well done)

Let's be honest, we've all lost a decent member of staff to a "bigger job" on FM anyway. AND I STILL WON THE 2042 CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

My only real issue are the press trying to create massive disharmony in how they're reporting anyone leaving as some kind of massive collapse. Kante went for money, Walsh going for a promotion. Its hardly ruddy anarchy.

Money can't be the motive as he must be happy with the new contract he signed not long ago.

He also doesn't have to realistically work within tight budgets and can try and bring top talent with no restraints on a transfer budget.

So like others are saying it must be one of 2 reasons to go, closer to family or changes Raneri made, has put his influence regarding transfers indown a peg or 2.

it will be a shame if he goes as he and his team of scouts really have an eye for players and won't necessarily stray from core values which we have seen in players we have signed.

For me, I hope he stays and continues his good work, we're miles away from the Sven style signings an I wouldn't want that to resurface and undo all the hard work Walsh and his team have done

Archived