Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

Steve Walsh.

12 minutes ago, Webbo said:

It was said by who?

Who knows why he left, wanted to move closer to his roots? Thinks he's achieved as much here as he can and wants a new challenge?Maybe the money offered was ridiculous? Why do we always have to have a scapegoat? 

All the papers £1m when Arsenal were sniffing

Not said it's his fault, but there are a lot of questions for me personally behind the scenes at the moment from the youth teams to silly contracts.

I'd have taken this if it meant winning the league 12 months ago but that's ultimately a moot point and the two aren't directly related. The bigger issue here is we are being pulled to pieces by teams who aren't even in Europe despite being champions. No matter how that's dressed up - I cannot accept that. That's embarrassing.

2 minutes ago, Dames said:

Poor example especially when he negotiated a clause which meant the player left for less than his market value. 

He signed his contract when we signed him for £6 million, so at the time his market value was £6 million. I'm sure Rudkin didn't insist on putting in a release clause that would be all down to negotiation. Btw this release clause is just speculation anyway.

This would not be too catastrophic. Slight overreation over Walsh's talents in all honesty. We have a solid scouting across the world, with the statistical geeks and analysis monkeys doing more wonders than visual. It felt like Walsh's duties were hindered when Ranieri came in, i don't know it just seemed like Walsh's title as 'assistant manager' was only in pre-contract writing. 

I don't like the constant phrase of "is this a Walsh signing," because Steve Walsh isn't the be all end all of our scouting and recruiting procedure. He will be replaced, it's just part of the process. If he leaves then I imagine Everton's new owner will be throwing a lot of money at us and Walsh because all they see is "Leicester won the league!, Walsh discovered Mahrez!" without taking in to account the full Leicester City picture, so he can go if he really does want to.

He's wanted here and is very important, I think consistency is always the key in progressing; he signed a new contract recently I can only envision him leaving for a lot of money, but I wouldn't be too worried if he left; his job really can be replaced.

2 minutes ago, Webbo said:

He signed his contract when we signed him for £6 million, so at the time his market value was £6 million. I'm sure Rudkin didn't insist on putting in a release clause that would be all down to negotiation. Btw this release clause is just speculation anyway.

Fair point but speculation or not you have to feel someone with a bit more competency and nous would have been able to negotiate a better clause if it were insisted. 

8 minutes ago, Dames said:

Poor example especially when he negotiated a clause which meant the player left for less than his market value. 

A release clause is requested by player/agent  and the player will often refuse to sign if clause not there.

10 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

To me this means 1 of 2 things:

(1) we lack ambition. Not willing to meet people's wage demands. Even Kante said Chelsea are a team that matches his ambition. Although the owners have delivered on their European football promise, it is more by luck (and Walsh) this has happened, not by their investment. Do the owners realise this or do they think it's easy?

(2) Walsh lacks ambition. CR and his team has decided we need to be looking at a higher calibre of player than Keane, Brady or Deeney. So they want to focus on different targets.

I think it's Walsh that lacks ambition for the reason i've listed and suggested in my post a few minutes ago.

Apparently we've rejected the approach though which is promising! I'd hope we'd have spoke to Walsh before rejecting it, because as much as i am/would be pissed off about him leaving if he has the lack of ambition i've suggested/question and he really wants to go, let him go.

Hopefully they've spoke to him, changed his mind and that is the reason we've rejected it.

Make him Head of Catering and he can sort those bloody pies out. This and Kante's Mini thrown in the mix and Neverton can go FOAD.

To me this means one of four things:

1) Everton do real cheap, but tasty curries and Walsh loves a good curry.

2) Liam Moore is planning a coup at the club meaning that he would become Chief Scout, Director of Football and Assistant Manager. Walsh caught wind of this and got out sharpish!

3) We are getting an even better chief scout... maybe Jordi Cruyff. At last a Cruyff finally comes to Leicester!

4) Walsh visited a clairvoyent and she told him that he would work for a man from overseas with a team clad in blue and he reckoned it was a sign.

2 minutes ago, fox in the sox said:

So if it has only just got to the approach stage why did Walsh not travel to Austria?

Why would head of scouting go and watch the guys we already have training in a foreign country?

Archived