Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Demarai Gray

1 hour ago, Koke said:

Likewise with Coutinho.

Coutinho's quite bad for blazing shots over the bar, I think Mahrez is actually a reasonable decision maker, it's rare that he makes the completely wrong decision.

• Like 1

Take this if your a Mahrez fanboy

image.png.7f5d87a504092c5444c3ee47ab8c7730.png

Leicester rising-star Demarai Gray admits he is gunning for 2016 PFA Player of the Year Riyad Mahrez's job

"It’s my job to give the manager a headache" said 21-year-old pushing wantaway fellow winger over starting role

Demarai Gray has warned Riyad Mahrez that he is ready to replace him in Leicester ’s starting line-up.

England U21 ace Gray has come off the bench in all of the Foxes’ five Premier League games so far this term.

He has been unable to displace 2016 PFA Player of the Year Mahrez, despite the Algerian unsuccessfully demanding to go during the summer window.

But Gray has since made two successful starts in the Carabao Cup this term, catching the eye in Tuesday’s 2-0 third-round win over visitors Liverpool — in which fellow wideman Mahrez was an unused sub.

Now, the 21-year-old is hoping to get the nod to continue in boss Craig Shakespeare’s starting line-up when Liverpool return for an instant rematch in the top-flight on Saturday.

“It’s my job to give the manager a headache," said Gray. "That’s what I need to keep doing. Hopefully I can get a consistent run of games now and take my opportunities.

“I know I’ve got to fight for my place, because there are good players fighting for positions.”

His situation saw both Bournemouth and Tottenham table bids for the talented ex-Birmingham trainee, who joined Leicester in January 2016 for £3.5million.

Gray admitted: “I wanted more game time and I’ve had a tough time mentally. But that’s only going to help me develop and I’m in a much better place now. It’s kind of an issue if you’re not playing.

“You get frustrated and I think it’s good for the manager that he knows a player is frustrated. You want to play and get out there and help the team.”

The youngster’s £25,000-a-week salary is set to soar after a final round of talks between the Foxes and his representatives this week.

Gray added: “I’ll just keep working hard and hopefully something will get sorted and we’ll get things over the line.

“I’m a Leicester City player and I’ve just got to work hard to try to get my place in the team consistently.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/leicester-gray-warns-mahrez-job-11207661

PS

Mirror stirring the pot no actual quotes about mahrez :ph34r:

• Like 1

I like the lad, and I don't want to be overly critical of him, but the more I see of him, the more one-dimensional he looks. All he ever seems to do is cut inside from the wing and shoot.

This is supposed to be a highlights video - all it shows is how poor his passing, shooting, crossing and ball control actually are, and what a frustrating player he can be. Really starting to think that he's not up to being a starting player due to his lack of technical ability. He's got to improve a hell of a lot before he's ready to hold down a starting place for Leicester - a couple of good goals have helped to mask his deficiencies for a while IMO.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, indierich06 said:

All he ever seems to do is cut inside from the wing and shoot.

Arjen Robben has done pretty well out of it!

Obviously not comparing the two, but if he can perfect it and switch it up occasionally he will be a top player. We need all the flair players we can get, especially with Riyad leaving in January or end of the season.

2 minutes ago, Simi said:

Arjen Robben has done pretty well out of it!

Obviously not comparing the two, but if he can perfect it and switch it up occasionally he will be a top player. We need all the flair players we can get, especially with Riyad leaving in January or end of the season.

and how many times do we see Mahrez cut in on his left, many times with no positive outcome, but on those occasions it does work, that can win us a game.

Gray was very close to scoring with it on Tuesday and he will score goals using that move in the future, so I see no harm in being a little one dimensional, if it can result in goals/chances, which I think it will but obviously only on some occasions, similar to Mahrez's success rate etc.

Glad to see he is saying the right things again and also offering explanation to his frustrations at not playing and feeling stifled in his development etc, which is down to lack of game time but also himself too. 

I would like to see him rotating with Albrighton for the next few games, with perhaps starting him this weekend and seeing if he can take that chance to shine. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ZeGuy said:

Huh? Why?

I can't like any of the players that played a massive part in us winning the league and getting to the quarters of the champions league. Much prefer the subs who have done nothing yet.

Edited by Babylon
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I can't any of the players that played a massive part in us winning the league and getting to the quarters of the champions league. Much prefer the subs who have done nothing yet.

How one can't stand Albrighton is beyond me.

He's no Robben but always gave his all. He's one of the most regular performers even if this season (and a part of the last one), he nose dived a bit. Never saw him moaning once. Even when he has a crap game, no one can fault his committment.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

He's no Robben but always gave his all. He's one of the most regular performers even if this season (and a part of the last one), he nose dived a bit. Never saw him moaning once. Even when he has a crap game, no one can fault his committment.

I think some people say "can't stand" when they just mean "he aint my favourite".  The world, and the internet, is a funny place and people are fvcking weirdos most the time.  Imagine sitting at a keyboard and typing "I can't stand Albrighton"?  Surely you'd sit back after hitting "submit" and think "Sweet Jesus what have just done!?!?". X.  X

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 1

I think some minutes on the right would do his game some good. Fewer opportunities to shoot, more practice for his deliveries and passing. We have to be more willing to sub Mahrez, or at least Albrighton and move Mahrez over, earlier in games when one or both of them isn't doing much (ie every game).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ZeGuy said:

oh you

no ones saying he is lazy one

but he is bad with ball,has no passing skills,cant shot,cant dribble 

i know about hes defensive activities but as i said he is winger

WINGER

he should do things attacking player should do,but he cant

he should be there whete aston villa is now

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tsintskaro said:

oh you

no ones saying he is lazy one

but he is bad with ball,has no passing skills,cant shot,cant dribble 

i know about hes defensive activities but as i said he is winger

WINGER

he should do things attacking player should do,but he cant

he should be there whete aston villa is now

Thank you for posting. This message will be immediately redirected to Craig Shakespeare's staff.

1 hour ago, ZeGuy said:

My take on Albrighton, for what little it's worth, is that he is one of the first names on the teamsheet when he's actually prepared to attack. Since the Arsenal game he's slipped back into that really annoying style where he tries to play full back, and despite his excellent work rate which can't be faulted, his defensive positioning isn't all that. On Tuesday he spent the entire first half playing RB and was nowhere near Robertson, whilst he contributed nothing in attack as he didn't get over the halfway line. This is when I personally question his role. I'd also question the manager not pushing him further up the field to play to his obvious strength, which is outstanding delivery.

16 hours ago, Wookie said:

Coutinho's quite bad for blazing shots over the bar, I think Mahrez is actually a reasonable decision maker, it's rare that he makes the completely wrong decision.

Apart from trying to beat 6 men and then loose the ball game after game...