Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The whole world smiles

Vardy's 2nd Goal Today!

1 hour ago, stripeyfox said:

It was a lovely goal. The touch by Mahrez (like the 1st goal) was sublime. For those who have quick to criticise Mahrez, just remember he is the ONLY player we have (probably one of the few we've EVER had) who has the "touch". The boy is a genius and the price you pay for genius is that it is not always consistent. He can't do it all the time. But boy when he does!

He currently reminds me of Quaresma (just less stocky) - can come up with the most outrageous moves and be such a joy to watch, but also be rather frustrating when he does it x times without getting anything out of it.

I think he could potentially reach Messi or Ronaldo territory, if given the right support and quality of team mates around him. That either means we'd have to stock up on quality right-backs, central midfielders or strikers to complement Mahrez and offer different options - or selling him to a team that has all that already in place.

Half the problem sometimes is Simpson not overlapping in support hence Mahrez end up having 2 or 3 defenders against him. I love Simpson but I'm sure Mahrez wish he had a Kyle Walker type of RB behind him.

And the other problemis that DD is only decent midfielder we have who can actually and pass and touch it. 

It's one for the ages. An inch perfect pass from Fuchs, a truly beautiful piece of technique from Mahrez and textbook Vardy making yards on his defender and then making the finish look easy. One of the best goals I've ever seen us score.

Michael Olivers first pass to Fuchs wasn't bad either......................... Does he get an assist ?

In all honesty, all the goals had me out of my chair in a wet Wales.

Sorry, not all the goals, the last two of the day didn't rock my boat.

Plus, I really didn't see that coming

2 hours ago, stripeyfox said:

It was a lovely goal. The touch by Mahrez (like the 1st goal) was sublime. For those who have quick to criticise Mahrez, just remember he is the ONLY player we have (probably one of the few we've EVER had) who has the "touch". The boy is a genius and the price you pay for genius is that it is not always consistent. He can't do it all the time. But boy when he does!

But he already gets away with having to work substantially less defensively and being very light weight. His place in the team gets justified by his ability to produce one or two moments of magic a game. He hasn't shown much lately at all and like Vardy, he's not going to escape criticism.

Believe me, when he goes to a club like Barca, Real or Bayern, the fans and media will be far less forgiving for  performances like against Sunderland.

40 minutes ago, shailen said:

The touch for Slimani as well was outstanding that led to our first goal. I genuinely think his ball control is the best in the world atm. A bit more consistency and he could genuinely win the ballon d'or one day.

Slimani's first time pass was on the money too, his quick thinking put Vardy in space. Hopefully the green shoots of a good partnership. 

23 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Slimani's first time pass was on the money too, his quick thinking put Vardy in space. Hopefully the green shoots of a good partnership. 

Great to see the partnership of Slimani and Vardy click yesterday. Let's hope it continues. 

Not about our 3rd, but this made me smile:

It was in its own way a perfect goal of its type, the living embodiment of Charles Reep-style direct football: three forward passes with that masterly lubricant in the middle.

lol

When a journo has sex on the brain...

23 minutes ago, Corky said:

His touch for Slimani in the build up to the first and the sensational pass to Vardy is why you watch football. Anyone can run around a bit, not many can execute that at the top level. Unbelievable.

How that goal never made Sky's top 9 ... says a lot about Sky. And one report described Fuchs pass as a lump up. That goal will probably end up (or should) as goal of the season.

Out of this world.

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

From the article, other teams please co-operate in the same way lol:

"In many ways City were the perfect opponents for Leicester here. Finally: someone willing to underestimate them again."

53 minutes ago, Corky said:

His touch for Slimani in the build up to the first and the sensational pass to Vardy is why you watch football. Anyone can run around a bit, not many can execute that at the top level. Unbelievable.

This is why I get frustrated with some modern day footballers who are athletes first and footballers fifth. I'm tired of speed merchants who are stealing a living in the top flight. Gray and Mahrez have more technique in their bollocks than half our squad have combined. If Musa and Schlupp attempted what Mahrez did their first touch would have passed the ball to Bravo. 

Mahrez isn't even that fast tbh but his technical ability and vision is what makes him a fantastic player. Same with David Silva and Mesut Ozil and Cesc Fabregas.

Football's obsession with pace and power is so tiresome and annoying.

10 minutes ago, Koke said:

This is why I get frustrated with some modern day footballers who are athletes first and footballers fifth. I'm tired of speed merchants who are stealing a living in the top flight. Gray and Mahrez have more technique in their bollocks than half our squad have combined. If Musa and Schlupp attempted what Mahrez did their first touch would have passed the ball to Bravo. 

Mahrez isn't even that fast tbh but his technical ability and vision is what makes him a fantastic player. Same with David Silva and Mesut Ozil and Cesc Fabregas.

Football's obsession with pace and power is so tiresome and annoying.

Agree. Sometimes speed of the mind is better than speed of the feet.

Archived