Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Harvey Barnes

I was talking to my MK Dons season ticket holding mate who I consider quite knowledgeable about the game.

In summary, Harvey is nailed on for their player of the season.  He is consistently their best player.  Plays best on the wing when he can cut in along the 18 yard line for a shooting opportunity and has a quality strike on him too.  Last two or three games he has played a more central role and has been less effective (but still the best player in the side).

Not sure how he'll do in the prem, still some work to do but we should expect Championship teams to be queueing up trying to sign him on a season long loan next year which should be good for his development. 

Certainly one for the future. 

4 hours ago, Strokes said:

Yeah John? :ph34r:

Know his Dad well ,Paul Barnes hit the headlines when he played For York and Scored 2 against Man U in the Cup. 

Very modest bloke had Good connections with Hinckley where he ended his playing days.

Harvey is very grounded and highly rated by all at the club  I would not be surprised so see him have a full pre season with us and be in contention next season. I think he will be here next season playing games rather than another loan. 

Edited by themightyfin

Got to be better learning the trade in league one scoring goals opposed to under 23's football, we should be sending more young players out on loan. Only half decent, and half decent is pushing it, youth products we've had over the years is Schlupp and Moore, who were both sent out on loan so it has to be the way forward for development. 

• Like 2

On Sun Apr 02 2017 at 23:35, themightyfin said:

Know his Dad well ,Paul Barnes hit the headlines when he played For York and Scored 2 against Man U in the Cup. 

Very modest bloke had Good connections with Hinckley where he ended his playing days.

Harvey is very grounded and highly rated by all at the club  I would not be surprised so see him have a full pre season with us and be in contention next season. I think he will be here next season playing games rather than another loan. 

I played with Paul at Hinckley when he was about 37 and I was in the reserves. Top guy. Didn't realise Harvey was his lad.

Has there ever been another player who played in both the Champions League and League one in the same season?!

Glad to hear he continues to smash it. He could definitely be a squad player next season. I think Ndidi and to a lesser extent Grey show the club will give players a chance if they are good enough. If not, loaning him out to possibly even a Premier League club might be a good plan.

So we have Gray, Lawrence, Kaputska and now Harvey to all be considered for wingers/ACM/No.10s for next season. Not a bad situation to be in.

I'd imagine Harvey and Kaputska will go out on season long loans to the Championship. Gray will continue to push for a starting place here and Lawrence may be sold unless he has an impressive pre-season, which I think he deserves before we call it a day on him.  

• Like 1

On 2 April 2017 at 23:35, themightyfin said:

Don't know whether this is gospel but a friend of mine also knows him well and said Ranieri called Harvey when he had been sacked ,to say he made a mistake and shouldn't have gone out on loan.

Did his dad have connections with Stoke also?

2 minutes ago, cambridgefox said:

Don't know whether this is gospel but a friend of mine also knows him well and said Ranieri called Harvey when he had been sacked ,to say he made a mistake and shouldn't have gone out on loan.

Did his dad have connections with Stoke also?

Haha let's hope not, it's one of the few good things he's done for us this season.

Just now, filbertway said:

Haha let's hope not, it's one of the few good things he's done for us this season.

Might of got lost in translation to be fair.Think it was something about giving him a chance when things were not so good.Think Ranieri knew he had potential.You know how things get lost as they get past from one person to another.

Probably the best thing for the lads career was this loan move.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MKinPeace said:

*sigh* almost a weekly update from me now.

Scored again tonight. Excellent again. If you get a chance to see his goal, a real piece of class, precision curling effort from the edge of the box against Charlton. He really is a special talent. 

Can we have him next season again, please?

Here is the goal, cracking placement.

Excited about him, need to get Muskwe and Ndukwu out on loan next year although I remember someone on here mentioning that one of their contracts is up in the summer and might not renew.

Also hoping he will be in and around the first team next year, we haven't really got a back up for drinkwater and Barnes sounds like a good fit for the Drinkwater role (Although I am aware he is more of a CAM but he can also play cm i believe)

Edited by TheMightySystem

4 hours ago, Kinowe Soorie said:

Poor touch on his left peg, but took his goal well. Who is the player that set him up? No.6?

Ed Upson, we signed him from Millwall last summer. He's been one of our better players this season. Barnes has been our best player overall since signing in January. Our manager (Robbie Neilson) has apparently already been talking to your lot about getting Harvey back next season for at least a half season loan. Personally think we've got no chance, although we should be in the mix for promotion back to the Championship again.

• Like 1

He's been spotted by the media.

Leicester forward Harvey Barnes has been electric for MK Dons at times this season... he could challenge for a first-team place at the King Power soon

Harvey Barnes has enjoyed a fruitful loan spell with MK Dons this season

The Leicester youngster has scored five goals in 16 appearances thus far

He started in electric fashion earlier this season, scoring in two big wins

Barnes has all the basics he needs but his passing needs to be less hurried

By The Secret Scout For The Daily Mail

PUBLISHED: 22:30, 6 April 2017 | UPDATED: 23:43, 6 April 2017

Our scout is a top football expert who attends matches each week searching for the next star.

This week he is checking in on Leicester starlet Harvey Barnes, who is enjoying a fruitful loan spell with MK Dons. 

Checkout his verdict with Sportsmail below...

+4

Leicester City starlet Harvey Barnes is enjoying a fruitful loan spell at MK Dons this season

WHAT HAS HE GOT? 

This young forward started in electric fashion on his loan spell earlier this season, scoring in two big wins. I subsequently watched him and he was less successful, but did show glimpses of future promise. 

Starting wide left in a 4-1-3-2, Barnes tucked in well to help keep shape when possession was lost. 

HARVEY BARNES 

CLUB: MK DONS (ON LOAN FROM LEICESTER)

POSITION: MIDFIELDER

VALUE: £1 million

2016-17 APPS: 16

GOALS: 5

Early in one game he could not attract the ball and he was moved inside by his manager to sit behind the strikers where, although he was finding space, his colleagues still seemed to ignore his position. 

He did not have the confidence to demand the ball or complain. When he was wide left, meanwhile, he showed a desire to attack the right back and one run was particularly impressive. 

Driving into the box, he took a return pass and was only denied by a brilliant save from the goalkeeper. He looks an easy mover and although he is not standout quick, he is clever at making angles on his right side to combine. 

Twice I saw him go on the outside from the left wing to surprise me by crossing well left-footed. He showed the confidence to attempt this but does need to work on his movement.

+4

Barnes curls a sumptuous effort around the Charlton defence to score in a recent league game 

+4

Barnes played on the left-wing in that game and showed a strong desire to run at defenders

WHAT DOES HE NEED?

His passing needs to be less hurried. But he has the basics. He has tight control, can take the ball on the half-turn and is adaptable. 

As he plays more football he will get stronger and be able to resist the physical challenges. On Tuesday he scored a splendid goal, cutting in from the left to strike a low shot past the Charlton goalkeeper. 

He has a fair physique — he is about 5ft 11in — and has a three-year contract with his parent club. If he can develop quickly and learn from his experience in the Football League he could be challenging for a senior place at Leicester in the near future.

+4

Barnes has tight control, can take the ball on the half-turn and is adaptable

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4388102/Secret-Scout-Leicester-star-Harvey-Barnes-electric.html#ixzz4dYB1mshE 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook