Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SpacedX

Knockaert Article

4 hours ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Such a passionate player who completely loved the game. Will always be one of my favourite players. 

Ditto. His performances in early 2012/13 were the first time I got really excited about a new player in years. It was great to see a young, passionate player after spending the previous seasons watching players like Beckford, Mills, Gallagher...

Maybe I'm being sentimental, but really wish we had done something to show our support for him too when his Dad passed.

Looking forward to seeing him in the Prem again soon - especially after reading that article. Hated that we sold him, but at least he's doing well at Brighton.

2 hours ago, GingerrrFox said:

It still pisses me off to this day that he felt so unloved at the end of his time here that he turned down a new contract and went to Liege.

I still feel that bar Mahrez and Gray, none of our wingers are better than him. How we still have Schlupp and not Tony is beyond me. 

His Dad was ill at the time his contract run out. A move to Liege, a hour and a bit from Roubaix was what he felt the right thing to do at the time.

4 hours ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

Worse players than him

have decent careers in the Prem so I have no doubt he'd be fine if he goes up with Brighton.  I'd have him

back in a heartbeat.

Some of which we signed in the summer!

He was never really cut out to be a winger (too slow) but that's how we judged him, unfortunately.

Got to love a bit of Knocky though, that goal against Forest is one of my favourite football moments ever, even up there with last season.

Underrated on this forum.  Then again loved from the terraces, which is one of those

weird dillemas...Silly talk on his lack of pace.

So many top PL players have had great careers, without pace.

He had a great burst of 5-8yrd near or in the Penalty area that got him past players.

He could turn players, his passing was just has good or inconsistent has many.

He could of come off  at city, but his path took a different turn...goodluck to the guy,

one of the nice and better ex-players.....IMO.

Problem I felt with him was he took the wrong option, held onto the ball or dribbled when he should released the ball and vice Versa. Was frustrating as he did things in wrong areas and we got punished for it. He had ability though, and has developed, although don't forget that when he lost the ball or gave it away , he didn't work hard enough to get it back, you could say that of Mahrez though. 

One of my all time favourite lcfc players.

He would interact with the fans and was always out and about in town. Helped Mahrez to integrate and who can forget the forest goal and then the one against watford.

I don't think he got a chance to prove himself with us in the prem. From memory only started one or two games at home and we won one of those. Bags of skill and creative as well so won't need to rely on his pace.

Was never sure as to why he was dropped and frozen out - whether it was the stepping stone comment or a falling out of some description..who knows?!

Glad he went to Brighton and is doing well. I absolutely loved Tony when he was here. Optimised everything that was good about that championship winning side. 

Wasn't meant to be with us in the prem but i really hope he can help them come up and get a proper crack of the whip next season. He'll probably always be my favourite player of the modern era for us (hard with last season of course), but he was the first player we had with real flair for ages, and scored some really important and memorable goals too. 

In my view..a club legend, and he'll be welcomed back by me at the KP whenever and whoever he comes with. 

For pure talent and attitude, Knockaert lit up our side when he played (sometimes).  

He was inconsistent and could occasionally go missing, but for moments of beauty and excitement, he was our best until Mahrez, Kante and co turned up for real...

Not to mention he had to exist under Big Nige and his "no nonsense" philosophy

For me he'd be welcome back anytime, especially now he's matured. 

Giroud and Mkhitaryan?!!! Theyve got nothing on Anthony!!!!

I really rated Knocky and couldnt for the life of me work out why they allowed his contract to run down. If you do this to any player then you are telling him you dont rate him. I know there were rumours he was a bit homesick and also that he wanted more game time but he ended up in Belgium and for Standard Liege!! I was shocked when he went, shocked when he ended up at Liege but wasnt surprised when he returned to England and is performing so well.

Its a shame it didnt work out but we went on to do OK without him!!!  

14 hours ago, STUHILL said:

Always like Knockaert and I read somewhere that he came in to see Pearson and cried his eyes out when he found out he was getting sold. He has a huge amount of passion and lots of ability and deserves a proper shot in the Premier League with Brighton.

I still believe he will struggle in this League however, but would be more than happy for him to prove me wrong. 

It was not like that. He didn't cry his eyes out when he knew he was being sold. He was in tears when he went into the training ground on the last day. 

Got loads of stories on Anthony, everyone of them positive, he is an absolute diamond of a bloke. 

Great shame it didn't work out for him at Leicester in the end, but he will reach his goal and I will be so happy for him when he does. 

Thought we were still hiding him....when the ... did we sell him! 

One of my favourite players, rarely see passion, determination and flair together in a player. Hope Brighton get there promotion and he gets a go at the premier league and we the foxes fans also get to say the fairwell to him finally. 

Archived