Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ramboacdc

Woy?

5 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

Let's not forget him basically taking former champions Blackburn down.

We'll be hard pressed to find a manager who hasn't had a bad season in their career. He also managed to finish 6th with Blackburn in his first season in charge.

25 minutes ago, Bryn said:

It wouldn't be a bad preseason appointment to be honest, did really well at Fulham. Liverpool was a bad job for him and so was England. We're about his level really.

Don't think he's a good "honeymoon period" appointment though.

He's a mixed bag in that regard I think. At Fulham he had very little instant impact but they went on a mad end of season run, ended up staying in the division and subsequently reached a European final under him. Not bad bearing in mind Lawrie Sanchez was there before him and he was completely out of his depth.

Liverpool was a disaster. He had more of an impact at WBA after taking over a complete mess from Di Matteo, and ended up making them a solid top tier side. Had about a month or so to get England ready for 2012 and did reasonably well there, but his decision making in big tournies after that was way off.

He wouldn't be my choice and I'd be wholly uninspired with his appointment but he's almost infinitely more favourable than someone like Pardew, for example.

23 minutes ago, LJS said:

He's my preference for the job. He was never going to be a success with England but he has proven how well he can do with clubs no bigger than us. I'd be delighted with him. He's as close to a guarantee of top ten finishes as we're likely to get.

Yes, but in which division?

27 minutes ago, LJS said:

Of course football evolves quickly, tactically speaking. But playing organized football hasn't yet stopped being successful at a certain level. Hodgson would bring that and give the fans the established top flight status which many crave. He's also a decent man. That appeals to me. I want our club represented well both on and off the pitch. If he wants it, give him the job.

Sorry, but the way he left his England post was far from decent IMO.

Reading (poorly) from a pre-prepared resignation script - really?

Saying on numerous occasions "I don't know why I'm here!" in the press conference after the Iceland game was quite frankly embarrassing.

He failed to take personal responsibility for England's disastrous exit, but was quite happy to pick up his £4m a year wages.

He went right down in my estimations after this. I lost what little respect I had for him then, and I don't want him anywhere near our club.

And he's also nearly 70 years old FFS. I don't think he's got another top flight job in him now. Time to retire or take the easy option of the middle east or China Roy...

Say whatever you like about Roy Hodgson and he will still be a good football manager. You don't manage clubs like Inter Milan and Liverpool if you're no good at what you do. And you most certainly don't guide a club like Fulham to the Europa League final. Not the most inspirational choice I concede, but he's not a bad choice. Yes England were bad to watch but they weren't as bad as we've been this season, he had us well organised defensively and that's what Leicester need and if he could sort our defence out then we'd have a better chance of staying up then we do currently. 

4 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

Say whatever you like about Roy Hodgson and he will still be a good football manager. You don't manage clubs like Inter Milan and Liverpool if you're no good at what you do. And you most certainly don't guide a club like Fulham to the Europa League final. Not the most inspirational choice I concede, but he's not a bad choice. Yes England were bad to watch but they weren't as bad as we've been this season, he had us well organised defensively and that's what Leicester need and if he could sort our defence out then we'd have a better chance of staying up then we do currently. 

England were ABSOLUTELY DREADFUL....

lol

Kane on Corners!

Archived