Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Liverpool post match 3-1

A desperately needed win. Vardy back to his old self again and the back four showed a massive improvement. Ndidi was quality tonight.

Still work to do but if we perform like that for the rest of the season we should be O.K.

A win on Saturday and I'd stick with Shakey until the end of the season. These players can manage themselves it seems...

What's not to  like?

• Outworked the opponent

• Won nearly every 50/50 ball

• Linked up to build chances (until they got gassed and started to hoof it around 70 min.)

• Did whatever it took to keep crosses out

• Great coverage and effort from Albrighton, Fuchs, Drinkwater, not just Ndidi

Just now, Kaewbudda said:

Bit simplistic to say that they didn't put the effort in for Ranieri. 

They approached the game in a more attack minded manner.

Thought that they would get hammered but I am so glad to be proved wrong!

Why do people not see it as they was more attack minded because Ranieri was asking for a more defensive approach rather than suggesting the players basically couldn't be bother :facepalm:

Sensational!

Tackling, running, passion, determination, drive, optimism, POSITIONING, TEAM DEFENDING, COMMUNICATION, GOALS.

Everything we have been missing all season, Liverpool were terrible, but we made them terrible. 

I actually wanted us to concede at 3-1 down just to see how Shakey would react, I'd rather him experience this sooner than later, how did he react? 

He INSTANTLY brought on Amartey to secure the midfield and went to 451 within 3 minutes of conceding, an instant change that saw us ruggedly defend against a team of top quality talent, very happy with Shakey today, I hope he has them playing like this for the rest of the season, because he surely has to be favourite for the job after that. 

#ShakeyIn

That was so refreshing to watch. It was one of the few times we have played like we did last season. 

People have moaned about Mahrez but he did do some nice bits including the link up play with Fuchs for 3rd goal. 

Ndidi was superb throughout. And the back four were all superb first time I've said that this season. Albrighton had his best game in months as did Vardy who was brilliant tonight. 

Why did we play like like that after months. Think players were embarrassed over the Claudio saga. Shakey allowed them to play and all of them put a shift in. 

Well done City proud of everyone of you!!!!!

Archived