Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

Just now, Worthington said:

12 minutes added time at Goodison....Is that a record ??

Nah. Standard for a bad injury, or whatever happened.

I can remember when Liverpool got a penalty in something like the 102 minute against Arsenal the other year.

Just now, Worthington said:

12 minutes added time at Goodison....Is that a record ??

Premier league maybe, I remember there was 14 minutes added in the Grimsby v Derby game in the season we got promoted with Pompey in 02-03, Steve Livingstone got knocked out.

3 minutes ago, Everygamefox said:

Watford need more cojones

Well Deeney probably does look a bit daft now!

Mind you our defence is so weak at times anyone could score against us.

Top it off then we miss a penalty with our defensive midfielder taking it ..

Whilst we had 3 strikers on the pitch.

The united fans I know are convinced they’re still going to win the league lol 

Makes the obvious Man U 0-0 Man City game at Old Trafford even funnier knowing they’ll stick up for Mourinho’s abhorrent negativity and it leaves them even further behind 

1 hour ago, Wookie said:

The united fans I know are convinced they’re still going to win the league lol 

Makes the obvious Man U 0-0 Man City game at Old Trafford even funnier knowing they’ll stick up for Mourinho’s abhorrent negativity and it leaves them even further behind 

I don't expect Man U to be in the top 3 at the end of the season . The current teams shoulders aren't broad enough to carry the weight of expectation and Mourinho 's

fearful and defensive approach will communicate to the players as the season goes on 

• Like 1

Just now, surrifox said:

I don't expect Man U to be in the top 3 at the end of the season . The current teams shoulders aren't broad enough to carry the weight of expectation and Mourinho 's

fearful and defensive approach will communicate to the players as the season goes on 

I expect Spurs will finish second, United probably third but Mourinho's such a 2000s manager (still obviously a good manager but I mean the trends of noughties teams), really transition focussed and is still too concerned about physicality.

24 minutes ago, Wookie said:

I expect Spurs will finish second, United probably third but Mourinho's such a 2000s manager (still obviously a good manager but I mean the trends of noughties teams), really transition focussed and is still too concerned about physicality.

I think you're about right there, maybe Chelsea getting forth or pipping united to third. 

25 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

I think you're about right there, maybe Chelsea getting forth or pipping united to third. 

Chelsea made a hash of it the summer, Matic and Kante worked well together so they were perhaps naive in flogging him. Spurs are an excellent side and are probably unlucky in the sense that out of the past three seasons they've been competing against two of the best PL champions ever and a 5000/1 league winner - had this current crop fell a few years earlier they'd probably have a title.