Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxyPalace.com

Madeleine Mccann Australian Documentary

The investigation had appeared botched from the word 'go', really.

Certainly it seems someone knows the truth but is unable to come forward for whatever reason.

Sadly, I think it's like the Ben Needham case now; they're close to solving it/have an idea over what actually happened but the victim, still alive or not, is unlikely to be found.

Still believe Madeleine was abducted but I'll stop there for obvious reasons.

I thought they already searched under the local beach, drains, stretches of wasteland not long after she went missing. :unsure:

34 minutes ago, FoxyPalace.com said:

Link here you may need to turn on your VPN (Australian to watch)

Interesting but its not ground breaking evidence as reported.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/sunday-night/features/a/35133440/could-this-new-lead-be-the-key-to-the-madeleine-mccann-mystery/#page1

A complete non-story.

Nothing new at all, just re-hashed speculation.

1 hour ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

End of the day parents shouldn't have left their children to go on the razz. They'll deny it in public but they'll know and have to live with that till they die.

Assuming you're a parent (having made that comment) you must be the first who's never taken your eyes off your offspring.

Because a few seconds is all it takes for them to disappear - on a beach, in a market place and from all sorts places at all sorts of times. And it's the worst feeling imaginable.

I don't defend anyone, or assume anything but I'd rather learn what actually happened before passing judgement.

There but for fortune sometimes....and hindsight not always any more perfect than foresight.     

49 minutes ago, Thracian said:

Assuming you're a parent (having made that comment) you must be the first who's never taken your eyes off your offspring.

Because a few seconds is all it takes for them to disappear - on a beach, in a market place and from all sorts places at all sorts of times. And it's the worst feeling imaginable.

I don't defend anyone, or assume anything but I'd rather learn what actually happened before passing judgement.

There but for fortune sometimes....and hindsight not always any more perfect than foresight.     

There's a huge difference between taking your eyes off children for a few seconds and leaving them unattended because you're at a restaurant

10 hours ago, Thracian said:

As wookie says, there's a huge difference between them getting out of your sight for a couple of seconds and leaving your children home alone to go out for dinner. The former is an unavoidable (from the parents perspective) tragedy, and garners a lot of sympathy. The latter is grossly irresponsible parenting.

10 hours ago, Thracian said:

You must have been living under a rock if you didn't know they'd left the children to go for a meal in a bar a few hundred yards away. That's a well reported, confirmed element of this story. 

I won't pass judgement on the McCanns in the way some do by accusing them of actually being involved in the disappearance, but I will pass judgement on their stupidity in leaving their children alone and out of sight by choice. It's a totally different situation to accidentally losing sight of a child for a few seconds, not even comparable.

I'd say your comments actually highlight how bad what they did was. You talk about taking you eyes off your kids for only a second can be disastrous, yet these two took their eye off them for a few hours. It unforgivable.

This has been discussed ad nauseum, and I don't see any point in us doing so again, especially as some comments are close to being libellous, with all that entails for Mark.

It needs locking.

A lot of people should be locked up but they're not and are roaming the streets despite having been convicted of all sorts of crimes. As far as I'm aware the McCanns haven't even been charged let alone convicted of any wrongdoing.

Hindsight is wonderful. Virtually ever single terrorist incident where people have ended up slaughtered involves people who were known to the police and "should have been "locked up" if sense had prevailed.

The area where the McCanns were staying was later revealed to be a hotbed of burglaries. Pity the burglars with known records hadn't been locked up/supervised permanently, and the place made safer by the authorities.

When and if, the McCann's, or the perpetrators of any crime relating to Madeleine, are brought to account will be the time to judge, not now. No-one pretends mistakes haven't been made but if everyone who'd ever "lost" a child due to a moment, or more, of neglect I doubt there'd be many folk at work this morning - or at home either.

Which is the greater offence? Parents being neglectful for whatever length of time,  convicted paedophiles being released to satiate their known wickedness again and again, or the authorities failing to take sufficient steps  to keep paedophiles, or other serious criminals, off the streets? .    

I know which I believe to be most important yet we don't just allow these people their freedom we invite more to live here by the day, Including people with convictions for murder, rape and other sex offences. I wonder how your views equate to those.              

My daughter albeit a few years younger attended the same Nursery as the Madeleine, I saw what an impact it had on the staff who had looked after her day to day, so I feel a little sympathy, however I agree with a lot of the other posts, at the end of the day you can't keep an eye on your children 24/7 however hard you try, and my wife now attempts too, which I fear gives them so little freedom.

But to actively make a choice to put your kids to bed in an apartment and leave them to go for Dinner, I can't have any sympathy with that. We always take out kids out with us on holiday, and always will, it helps them grow and understand a different type of culture, and we always try to book a room with a balcony and a sea view if poss, and if the point comes where the kids need bed, we will sit on the balcony and watch the world go by from there knowing our kids are safe in bed 10 foot away from us.

Going back to the point of trying to keep an eye on them, it does only take a second for a kid to wander out your gaze and you feel ill in the pit of your stomach for that brief moment until you spot them again, I don't know if the world has changed or the news and the internet 24/7 has made it a worse/less innocent place, but I'd go off for hours on end as a kid, now the my kids are allowed as far as the park that I can see from my living room and bedroom windows and that's about it.

Really sad, but my wife has been effected by this incident that my kids just don't get to enjoy the perks I did as a child. And to an extent I share her views, but I feel sorry for them at the same time. Our lives are both quite busy we don't have 3 hours every night to spend down the other local parks watching them so they suffer.

5 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

My daughter albeit a few years younger attended the same Nursery as the Madeleine, I saw what an impact it had on the staff who had looked after her day to day, so I feel a little sympathy, however I agree with a lot of the other posts, at the end of the day you can't keep an eye on your children 24/7 however hard you try, and my wife now attempts too, which I fear gives them so little freedom.

But to actively make a choice to put your kids to bed in an apartment and leave them to go for Dinner, I can't have any sympathy with that. We always take out kids out with us on holiday, and always will, it helps them grow and understand a different type of culture, and we always try to book a room with a balcony and a sea view if poss, and if the point comes where the kids need bed, we will sit on the balcony and watch the world go by from there knowing our kids are safe in bed 10 foot away from us.

Going back to the point of trying to keep an eye on them, it does only take a second for a kid to wander out your gaze and you feel ill in the pit of your stomach for that brief moment until you spot them again, I don't know if the world has changed or the news and the internet 24/7 has made it a worse/less innocent place, but I'd go off for hours on end as a kid, now the my kids are allowed as far as the park that I can see from my living room and bedroom windows and that's about it.

Really sad, but my wife has been effected by this incident that my kids just don't get to enjoy the perks I did as a child. And to an extent I share her views, but I feel sorry for them at the same time. Our lives are both quite busy we don't have 3 hours every night to spend down the other local parks watching them so they suffer.

That's a sad, but so accurate, commentary on our country today. It's an appalling place and I could give chapter and verse were i so inclined.

But while drugs dealers get a rap on the knuckles for potentially ruining "only" half a dozen lives, while paedos are hostelled less than half a mile from a big school in Leicester and murderers are welcomed to our land as immigrants, it's clear to me that the authorities' attitudes to protecting people are pathetic.

You've only got to gauge opinion on here to realise we haven't got the will for it - and that's not calling you folk out specifically, it's the norm and some in my own family are no different. 

We're educated to believe in the Brotherhood of Man for all that there's never been one - only lots of smaller "brotherhoods" supporting particular legal or illegal outlooks as a means of advancement, survival and/or self/collective protection. 

12 hours ago, Wookie said:

There's a huge difference between taking your eyes off children for a few seconds and leaving them unattended because you're at a restaurant

What's the optimum time? My wife and I lost our youngest three times having taken our eyes off him for less than a minute each time. Worst feeling in the world and, if anything criminal had happened to him, I'd have welcomed the authorities shooting me once I'd dealt with anyone who'd harmed him because I certainly wouldn't trust the authorities to handle that aspect. i know what some of the bad guys are like and any idiot pretending they're going to change is just kidding himself and everyone else.    

12 minutes ago, Thracian said:

What's the optimum time? My wife and I lost our youngest three times having taken our eyes off him for less than a minute each time. Worst feeling in the world and, if anything criminal had happened to him, I'd have welcomed the authorities shooting me once I'd dealt with anyone who'd harmed him because I certainly wouldn't trust the authorities to handle that aspect. i know what some of the bad guys are like and any idiot pretending they're going to change is just kidding himself and everyone else.    

Seriously, what the **** are you on about? lol  You've completely missed the point and seem hellbent on bringing your own experience into it. Wookie is talking about parents willfully choosing to leave their children alone, whilst they eat hundreds of metres away, he's not critiscising people who lose sight of their kids for a second and something bad happens. He's not mentioned bad guys and the prospect of people changing. You making an argument against something nobody has said lol 

As I said earlier, your point about it taking just a second highlights why what they did was so bad. You can lose a child in a heartbeat from a not looking at them, so why the **** would you choose to spend an hour with them completely our of sight and earshot? There's a reason why there are nurseries, and babysitters and people ask family members to watch children when they go out or go to work, because people know they can't leave them alone for hours on end whilst they are a long way away.

56 minutes ago, Thracian said:

That's a sad, but so accurate, commentary on our country today. It's an appalling place and I could give chapter and verse were i so inclined.

But while drugs dealers get a rap on the knuckles for potentially ruining "only" half a dozen lives, while paedos are hostelled less than half a mile from a big school in Leicester and murderers are welcomed to our land as immigrants, it's clear to me that the authorities' attitudes to protecting people are pathetic.

You've only got to gauge opinion on here to realise we haven't got the will for it - and that's not calling you folk out specifically, it's the norm and some in my own family are no different. 

We're educated to believe in the Brotherhood of Man for all that there's never been one - only lots of smaller "brotherhoods" supporting particular legal or illegal outlooks as a means of advancement, survival and/or self/collective protection. 

Abridged -

Something Something immigrunts.

11 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Seriously, what the **** are you on about? lol  You've completely missed the point and seem hellbent on bringing your own experience into it. Wookie is talking about parents willfully choosing to leave their children alone, whilst they eat hundreds of metres away, he's not critiscising people who lose sight of their kids for a second and something bad happens. He's not mentioned bad guys and the prospect of people changing. You making an argument against something nobody has said lol 

As I said earlier, your point about it taking just a second highlights why what they did was so bad. You can lose a child in a heartbeat from a not looking at them, so why the **** would you choose to spend an hour with them completely our of sight and earshot? 

According to Wikipedia, they were eating 55m away, not "hundreds of metres", although they had to go a longer way round to get to the flat and didn't have a view of the street windows. One or other of the group checked on the kids every 30 mins or so.

I'm not denying that they made a misjudgment, but find it interesting that the scale of that misjudgment tends to be talked up.

I'm also interested in the circumstances in which people think parents should be condemned. If you, @Wookie or @The Doctor or anyone else feel like it, what are your opinions on these hypothetical scenarios:

1) A father is paying for his 3-year-old daughter's toys at the cash till and there's a complication. Suddenly, he realises his daughter has gone. An alert staff member notices her leaving the shop with a suspicious man. Lucky escape!

2) A mother is cooking in the kitchen. Her 2-year-old is securely in his playpen in the lounge. After about 15 minutes, she receives a phone call. An acquaintance has just seen her son 400m away. He has somehow escaped from the playpen, walked 200m down a main road with no pavements and then another 200m down pavements to the village shop, where she finds him.

3) A mother sits her 1-year-old at the back of a bed ready to change his nappy, then realises she's left the nappies at the other side of the room. He's not crawling yet so she feels safe to leave him for 10 seconds while she crosses the room for the nappies. But he chooses that moment to crawl for the first time and falls head first onto the carpeted floor. She rushes him to A&E. Thankfully, he is unhurt.

4) A father is dashing about making food for his 2-year-old, who is safely crawling around the lounge floor. Out of the corner of his eye, he notices the bottle of laxative on a shelf lower than it should be, but is confident that the medical safety lock will be on. 20 seconds later, he dashes back in to find his son taking a glug from the bottle. It makes the lad vomit but no harm done, thankfully.

5) A mother sees her husband off for his night shift. She puts her daughter to bed. She has had a truly shitty day and is looking forward to a couple of glasses of wine...then realises she's forgotten to buy any. She waits until she is sure her daughter is sound asleep, then, after locking the door, pops to the off-licence across the road for a bottle. Within 4 minutes she is home. Her daughter is still sleeping soundly.

6) A father is doing a bit of decorating. His 2-year-old has been coming and going from the garden, but no problem as they live out in the country. Then he realises that he hasn't seen him for a while. Frantic when he finds that the lad is not in the garden, he is so relieved when he finds him outside a neighbour's house, watching the bloke work on his extension.

Which of these parents would you condemn - and would it change anything if the outcomes had been different?

10 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

According to Wikipedia, they were eating 55m away, not "hundreds of metres", although they had to go a longer way round to get to the flat and didn't have a view of the street windows. One or other of the group checked on the kids every 30 mins or so.

I'm not denying that they made a misjudgment, but find it interesting that the scale of that misjudgment tends to be talked up.

I'm also interested in the circumstances in which people think parents should be condemned. If you, @Wookie or @The Doctor or anyone else feel like it, what are your opinions on these hypothetical scenarios:

1) A father is paying for his 3-year-old daughter's toys at the cash till and there's a complication. Suddenly, he realises his daughter has gone. An alert staff member notices her leaving the shop with a suspicious man. Lucky escape!

2) A mother is cooking in the kitchen. Her 2-year-old is securely in his playpen in the lounge. After about 15 minutes, she receives a phone call. An acquaintance has just seen her son 400m away. He has somehow escaped from the playpen, walked 200m down a main road with no pavements and then another 200m down pavements to the village shop, where she finds him.

3) A mother sits her 1-year-old at the back of a bed ready to change his nappy, then realises she's left the nappies at the other side of the room. He's not crawling yet so she feels safe to leave him for 10 seconds while she crosses the room for the nappies. But he chooses that moment to crawl for the first time and falls head first onto the carpeted floor. She rushes him to A&E. Thankfully, he is unhurt.

4) A father is dashing about making food for his 2-year-old, who is safely crawling around the lounge floor. Out of the corner of his eye, he notices the bottle of laxative on a shelf lower than it should be, but is confident that the medical safety lock will be on. 20 seconds later, he dashes back in to find his son taking a glug from the bottle. It makes the lad vomit but no harm done, thankfully.

5) A mother sees her husband off for his night shift. She puts her daughter to bed. She has had a truly shitty day and is looking forward to a couple of glasses of wine...then realises she's forgotten to buy any. She waits until she is sure her daughter is sound asleep, then, after locking the door, pops to the off-licence across the road for a bottle. Within 4 minutes she is home. Her daughter is still sleeping soundly.

6) A father is doing a bit of decorating. His 2-year-old has been coming and going from the garden, but no problem as they live out in the country. Then he realises that he hasn't seen him for a while. Frantic when he finds that the lad is not in the garden, he is so relieved when he finds him outside a neighbour's house, watching the bloke work on his extension.

Which of these parents would you condemn - and would it change anything if the outcomes had been different?

And speaking for every parent in the land ..... :thumbup:

20 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

Indeed, many people would be further away if the kids were at the end of the garden and they upstairs in the house or vice versa.

This wont go down well, but I always wonder how many other missing children could have been found with a fraction of the funding Madeleine has had/is still getting.

I dread to think of what happened to Madeleine though. Must haunt the parents every day.

It will be one of those mysteries that unfortunately will never be solved!

the investigation was botched from the start

the lack of evidence to anything, no cctv, few eye witness accounts, no body, no clues to what went on in the apartment

the parents should not have left their children alone, they could have put their children in a crèche or had a babysitter but they thought that only being in eye shot of the apartment it would be o.k. but they shouldn't be subjected to such hate as it was whoever took Madeleine that is the truly evil person.

Archived