Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes21

Tom Lawrence

6 minutes ago, Thracian said:

Depends how much Knockaert's decision-making's improved. And whether he's more careful about where he tries to cause his damage. Knockaert was a brilliant individual but let himself down by running into blind alleys, by making it impossible for his own team-mates to compliment what he did and by losing  the ball in daft places.

That might not matter so much in The Championship but it can sure get punished in The Premier League and is one of Mahrez's most frustrating qualities.

Great wingers reduce the risks depending on their strengths and the cover they get. For instance Ronaldo could run at people from deep because of his speed whereas that would be far more risky for Mahrez because if he were beaten in the deep he hasn't got either the pace, strength or combative ability to recover and so it would be down to whoever was backing him up. Ronaldo could simply drop a shoulder, put the ball into space behind a defender and still get there without risking any great consequence from losing his race.     

Kockaert is much more a Mahrez type and his losing the ball in central areas would always be a risk. Another factor is that Mahrez/Knockaert tend to attack full-backs on the inside (being dribbles) whereas the safest wingers - particularly the ones who have pace - often attack on the much safer outside when a tackle often ends up with the ball going out of play rather than a defender taking possession.     

Kockeart lollollol 

1 hour ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Gray hasn't shown anything that he's good enough to step into Riyadh shoes..

There's not many people who could..... Same as when Kante left really... Love Ndidi but he's no Kante.. no one is.

Playing silly b#ggers or better known as Devils advocate...

lets say, there are a few changes, and comings/stayings/goings...

Howzabout...

Vardy   kapustka/lawrence

Gray  James  Drinkwater  Albrighton.........Gray n Albrighton changing sides through the game..

Ndidi

Chilwell    Huth         Simpson

Schmeichel

Experience and youth being given their chance and wings.

if we find a genuine top quality midfielder, he slots in for James/Drinkwater.

Amartey covers Ndidi.

Or..

Vardy    Lawrence

Albrighton

Gray          Ndidi    newbuy 

Chilwell Huth Benny Simpson.......... New CB would slot into one of the BL places

Schmeichel.

neither of the above teams could ever play ln the backfoot.possesion not important, but forward movement

with purpose.

Even with a top quality buys in both Midfield and defence, I would still like to see, the base of our team still

be among the mix....Kapu/Mendy/James/DD/Amartey/Slim. If Shinji stays, not up front, but midfield cover.

Lawrence/Kapu/Vardy/Gray/Albrighton/Slim/1 more chance Musa, is enough attacking force, unless a non

Afcon quality player comes in our sites.

If Mahrez stays, we have to give him the freedom to return to our title form days, and not concentrate on this defending crap.

He actually looks seriously good. Like I get that it highlights his best bits, but some of those goals are absolutely unbelievable. He has scored quite literally 8/9 goal of the season contenders.

45 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Vardy   kapustka/lawrence

Gray  James  Drinkwater  Albrighton.........Gray n Albrighton changing sides through the game..

Ndidi

Chilwell    Huth         Simpson

Schmeichel

lollol 

we can't play a back three with once centre back, it'd be suicide.

5 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

He actually looks seriously good. Like I get that it highlights his best bits, but some of those goals are absolutely unbelievable. He has scored quite literally 8/9 goal of the season contenders.

Our No10 position might be closer to home than we think?

We either have to get rid of him this summer or new contract and put him in the first team squad.

Guest CityFan 06

He looks quality judging from that clip, have to say. The Premier League is a different league of course, but if he shows that kind of promise in the top flight we may well have a real player on our books. He looks like he has grown in confidence in this loan with Ipswich. 

We should keep atleast one of Lawrence and Kapustka for next season. Two players who look like they've got genuine ability in possession. Something we need a lot of the time aside from Mahrez.

12 minutes ago, Wookie said:

lollol 

we can't play a back three with once centre back, it'd be suicide.

Depends on the midfields movement and stabilty, not forgetting Ndidi will be playing just in front...

Anyway !!! This is my dream...and I see you in the crowd, totally awestruck from this great eye for the obvious, from 

Shakey-Fuchsntf coaching partnership.We cant all be tactical geniuses, but my QUiet character will take all the

Plaudits in my Humble stride. ...:P

11 minutes ago, Gerard said:

It's not a bad shout, considering the emergence of Lawrence & Barnes.

Realistically... Are we even going to get Sigurdsson? Swansea could still stay up meaning Sigurdsson will probably stay and if they go down, a few of the top clubs will be in for him.

If Shakespeare thinks Lawrence & Barnes are ready for PL football, it will be like two new signings at No10.

38 minutes ago, Gerard said:

We either have to get rid of him this summer or new contract and put him in the first team squad.

It's true what people say about him really - if he was Ipswich's player, we'd probably be hoping to go in for him but because he's someone we've spent years loaning out, there's less desire for it to happen as we've had a lot of players who we have loaned out come to nothing. We've made loads of these signings for the development squad and hardly any have been any use to our first team.

He might well be different though. He deserves a chance I think. He looks such a strong runner with the ball and has a great shot on him.

Manchester United produce a crazy amount of players. The Premier League and Championship are littered with United academy products. We got 4 on our books right now. We also had Jesse Lingard, Michael Keane and Tom Cleverly previously. We've had so many ex United lads I've lost count.

EDIT: We hsve 5. I forgot about Ron Zieler. Fair play to Man Utd and their prolific academy.

There's no doubt he's quality and his loan has done him a world of good. There's a lot of Quality Goals in that clip.

I like the fact that many of his goals are from distance. Something we clearly lack at present.

He's clearly better than our current options in the 10 role. I'd just like to see what he offers in a defensive role. If he can do that side then we might not need anyone for the 10 role.

1 hour ago, sylofox said:

Mick Mc Carthy to run our youth set up if Ipswich sack him?

TL seems to have come on so much.

I've always liked the guy though I don't see why Ipswich would sack him. Apparently they're almost unwatchable, but aren't they skint? I'm sure Ipswich's board would take boring football and staying in the championship over risking relegation to League 1. Even if he does get sacked, I don't think he'd struggle to find another managerial job. You don't get relegated from the Championship under Mick McCarthy.

Tom has got bags of potential, it's no fluke having ability to run with the ball like he does, and playing in a shit Ipswich side he still manages produce....a good pre season under his belt and he will be a force next year...issue like we've said is he has only a year left on his contract....

With the money we've pissed up the wall on players like Musa he's got to be worth a shot? And you can't say Harvey Barnes isn't ready...look at Deli Ali....given a chance and he's taken it....

Pearson rated him highly I think, remember when he was on loan to rotherham (?) and after his loan finished with plaudits he tried bringing him on in premier league games. This was during our poor form and I remember his substitution being met with bemusement (think it fell silent one time after he got brought on instead of nuge), but he did alright in those glimpses. 

I think he deserves a chance and I fully expect Shakey to give everyone a clean slate over summer. Would be great if we could start integrating young talent into our squads, we've got some great prospects in Gray, Lawrence, Chilwell and Barnes. 

7 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

If he wasn't on our books, he'd be a player that we would be tracking. No more loans, get him in the squad and let him prove himself. Those stats are as good as anyone's. 

In the 'Return of Matty James' thread I suggested that he might be the answer to the attacking central midfield issue. As a mid table premiership team he would be the sort of player we'd be looking at for say £10m.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there some sort of buy back clause imposed when we bought him from Man Utd?

Archived