Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Championship 2017/18

I see plenty of PL clubs not willing to spend £30-40m on players though, because the owners don't want to splash that much cash every single window even though they are minted and have the TV money. Ours will with no problem I promise you that. They're far too ambitious and don't just want to be in there just to compete with the bottom half.

And we seem to have no problem attracting players who have absolutely no business playing for us already. Neves and Boly left Porto to join us, Cavaleiro left Monaco for us, Jota from Atletico Madrid, Costa from Benfica.

Getting them to come and play for a Championship team from Champions League clubs is a much bigger coup than getting players to come to a Premier League club IMO. They'll see the manager, the set-up, the owners making statements with their spending, and have no problem choosing us. Especially if Uncle Jorge has a word with them and nudges them in our direction as well.

Whatever!! It's all pie in the sky at this point really. We aren't even promoted yet!! Always good to hear opposition thoughts and perceptions compared to our own though.

tbf I have no idea how much money or how much influence the wolves set up could have on decent european players. 

just speaking from an lcfc perspective and experience, champions in the champions league with easily enough money to buy literally whoever we wanted and we ended up with ahmed musa and overspending on slimani on deadline day. not sure what 40 million pound player will want to join wolves over other clubs, presuming anyone else would want him. 

just think attracting bigger names than other championship teams and spending 10 mill etc in that division is great, but you’re currently a big fish with your position in that league. every prem club of a similar size (us, stoke, watford, etc) has got a lot of draws for players and a lot of money. whether it be a manager like at watford, our recent history, being in london keeps getting people to love west ham ffs. don’t think wolves are gonna come up and every mid table premier league wish list signing is going to go their cos they’ve got some chinese owners and some guy who knows some porto players. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

why would andy king, contracted and still a regular in match day squads for a team potentially aiming for europe, who he’s been with his whole career, want to probably go and play in league one, for sunderland? 

Because mate he is the biggest scapegoat we’ve ever had and obviously he is the reason shakey was sacked and obviously the reason silva didn’t sign on time. It’s all andys fault. Send him straight to league two to play with Neill Danns

3 hours ago, The Bear said:

I don't think I've ever suggested we'll go up and storm the league, or be signing Ronaldo or anything! Mendes does have plenty of influence on where his players go though, probably on future promises. His relationship with our owners is quite strong compared to other clubs too, as they invested heavily in his agency Gestifute a few years back. So it's in his best interests to keep them happy.

I think we'll probably do ok as long as we keep Nuno. An ex CL and continental manager who plays decent football is always a decent draw for players, rather than signing for the aging British tactical dinosaurs like Pulis/Allardyce/Moyes/etc.

I agree it'll take a few years, but after more than enough years of pissing around in this godforsaken division, us Wolves fans are more than willing to be patient given the resources at our disposal now.

His relationship with your owners isn't the issue. He has a strong relationship with Lim. 

The issue is his relationship with everyone else, especially the players at the club who aren't his. 

4 minutes ago, Tuna said:

I think he'll cut the mustard.

I think their next game at Burton Albion will be a big indication as to how big a job he has after that one.

If they win, confidence will obviously be better, but if they lose there'll probably only be a little few Sunderland fans that feel he can turn the season around.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

Guest FriendlyRam

Sunderland really shouldnt be in that mess tbh,, wtf have they been doing with the premiership money? 10 years in the prem and not a pot to pi** in, i feel sorry for their fans tbh. 11 point from 18 games in the 2nd tier, no home win all year, its pethetic tbh, so pethetic theyve taken the record for most games without a home win... who previously held that record?... :ph34r:

Guest FriendlyRam

Barring some derby esq meltdown, bear, you are a shoe in imo. Cant see many clubs below you having the same consistency. 

We continue to grind out results which is nice, we just keep going about our business under the radar we have a great chance of making the playoffs. Rowett is doing it army style atm lol

33 minutes ago, FriendlyRam said:

Barring some derby esq meltdown, bear, you are a shoe in imo. Cant see many clubs below you having the same consistency. 

We continue to grind out results which is nice, we just keep going about our business under the radar we have a great chance of making the playoffs. Rowett is doing it army style atm lol

You'll go up this year, got a feeling. Reckon you'll go on a run after Jan and come up via autos with Wolves

On ‎22‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 05:16, Chico1958 said:

Yep Cardiff looking good so far............ Great result for the City

And Fulham pipping Sheffield makes it interesting 

Warnock just doing what he does and very tight budget

How tight is that budget though? I count nearly 30 first team players. Squad's enourmous.