Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Championship 2017/18

4 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Have a feeling Cardiff will struggle over the next few games and Fulham will pip them to second.

Cardiff's next 3 are very tough while Fulham's run in, aside from a trip to Millwall is very winnable. Can see Fulham winning most of their remaining games.

Could be a very interesting finish.

Would rather Fulham go up than Cardiff tbh.

3 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

State of that football match.

Supposed to be two of the best teams in the league.

Cardiff made 183 successful passes ffs.

The standard of the Championship is pretty poor, you just don't notice it when you're there. There's always the odd side who play good football (Wolves this season, Brighton were decent under Hughton, we were decent enough when we went up) but having played in the PL for a couple seasons now, watching Championship games is different standard man.

15 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Another late, undeserved goal that they've had several of this season. 

I always admire teams that manage to grind something out when they don’t play well. 

I remember when we were in the championship we went away to Leeds and they were the better team throughout. I think Schmeichel was MOTM, Kevin Phillips came on and you could hear the groans from the home fans. 

Last few minutes of the game Nugent scored. Proper smash & grab that we didn’t deserve.

• Like 1

On 4/1/2018 at 14:56, The Bear said:

Birmingham lost £17m between last July and December, purely down to the crazy contracts Redknapp handed out.

From one of their forums:

-------------------------------------------------------------

£17m is what happens when you bring in 14 players on wages and dont sell any on. 

Stockdale - Free, £40k per week 
Colin - £3m, £20k per week 
Jenkinson - loan, £35k per week 
Dean - £2m, £20k per week 
Roberts - £3m, £25k per week 
Bramall - loan, £2k per week 
N'Doye - free, £35k per week 
Lowe - free, £2.5k per week 
Walsh - loan, £1k per week 
Gardner - £1m, £25k per week 
Boga - loan, £15k per week 
Jota - £6m, £45k per week 
Vassell - £1.5m, £5k per week 
Gallagher - £3m (loan), £30k per week 

£19,500,000 in transfer fees, £300,500 per week in wages (£15,600,000 per season). The last 6 months will be the wages, but the initial £20m in fees are included in this.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Look at the absolute state of those wages!

Yeah Wolves have spent plenty, but at least it's not on mediocre shite and we're getting value for money! Redknapp has basically screwed them big style, as with every other club he goes to.

Jesus Christ. Why on earth does anyone go near that bloke?

Guest FriendlyRam

When you look at Cardiffs team you can't help but think they should be fighting relegation. Pilkington, Bamba, Madine, Zahore, Gunnarson to name just a few, its not exactly screaming promotion challangers. but for once I'm going to give Warnock some praise, what a man for molding a side out of that lot, deserves all the plaudits he's getting for me. 

5 hours ago, Kopfkino said:

Brentford absolutely dominated Bristol City today, . Thought they'd be the latecomers to the play-off party rather than Millwall but they'll struggle now, although apart from Fulham away, they have a pretty decent run in. 

As good a team as I've seen down Ashton Gate this season. Played lovely football and had something like 27 shots to the home side's 2!  Amazing really that they only scored one as wouldn't have flattered them if they'd won by 3 or 4.

cardiff this season are just burnley the year we won it. absolute garbage but for some reason everyone’s scared to beat them. squad full of players who shouldn’t be playing in the championship let alone the prem and a cu nt of a manager. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Brizzle Fox said:

As good a team as I've seen down Ashton Gate this season. Played lovely football and had something like 27 shots to the home side's 2!  Amazing really that they only scored one as wouldn't have flattered them if they'd won by 3 or 4.

Been down a couple times this season when we've not been a 3pm and they play some excellent, best I've seen from a Championship side this season alongside Fulham. Struggled at the start of the season, things didn't seem to go their way, the player turnover disrupted them and they still seem to concede too many sloppy goals. Hope they manage to keep it together for next season and give the top 6 a proper go. 

1 minute ago, walkerleeds said:

What on earth made you back that?!

In the last two seasons, Neil Warnock took over a side in the relegation places and had them finishing midtable. If that's what he can do mid-season, then what can he do with a summer behind him? They were my dark horses to go up right from the off.

12 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

I always admire teams that manage to grind something out when they don’t play well. 

I remember when we were in the championship we went away to Leeds and they were the better team throughout. I think Schmeichel was MOTM, Kevin Phillips came on and you could hear the groans from the home fans. 

Last few minutes of the game Nugent scored. Proper smash & grab that we didn’t deserve.

Leeds were the better side that day- Schmeichel made a blinding save when McCormack was put through by Konchesky (how many dodgy back passes did he make when he was here?!). Vardy had nearly snapped the post in half early on if I remember correctly though, so it wasn't entirely smash and grab!

I do like the Championship still- I find the promotion race far more interesting than the title race and CL places i the PL and still check their scores before the PL ones on a Saturday most of the time!

Still a few years before I want us to be back there though...

43 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

I do like the Championship still- I find the promotion race far more interesting than the title race and CL places i the PL and still check their scores before the PL ones on a Saturday most of the time!

Still a few years before I want us to be back there though...

Yeah I agree with that, proper football in the championship, do hate some of our fans getting all elitist now after defending the championship when we were in it lol , always unpredictable 

• Like 1

I'd obviously rather be in the PL but the Championship's definitely more interesting than say the top four race. God knows how any neutral can muster up any real interest in that. Manufactured entertainment if I've ever seen it.

I find the PL relegation battle as interesting as anything to be honest lol 

dunno how anyone who supports us can complain that the prem is boring.

great escape, win the league, champions league, literally one win away from being in Europe again, we get to watch vardy and mahrez every week.

yeah get me chris weale back with 7 right backs in front of him as we draw 0-0 with Plymouth.

even this year we're probably the only team (maybe everton) who can claim to have been a bit bored this season. the top four is now a top 6, which obviously doesn't fit, the bottom three is now a bottom 10 which is superb.