Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Championship 2017/18

On 4/24/2018 at 00:44, ThingsCouldGetMessi said:

It was March 2011 and ended 2-3 but Paul Gallagher scored on 90+4 which added a bit of gloss to the score for us. Hoolahan scored 1 and won the penalty for the 2nd. He rarely got the credit he deserved apart from Norwich fans who see him as a club legend. 

On a side note, our striker "force" that day was Vassell and Yakubu which really gives me some perspective. 

I remember coming out of that game thinking wow, fair play they're a really tidy side. We hadn't lost at home in something like 10 games and I think 2-3 flattered us, could easily have been 1-4.

12 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

If Fulham, and then one of Brentford or Millwall go up, then providing Palace don't collapse (they won't, they play us) then 40% of the league next year is within the M25.

So be it

The so called "big clubs" such as Leeds, Forest,Sunderland,Middlesbrough are struggling as organizations.

Only the strong will make it & if they are London clubs that's life.

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

If Fulham, and then one of Brentford or Millwall go up, then providing Palace don't collapse (they won't, they play us) then 40% of the league next year is within the M25.

Good, love a London away. Just a shame there aren't more in the Midlands and Yorkshire up here.

4 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

Good, love a London away. Just a shame there aren't more in the Midlands and Yorkshire up here.

I like them but I don't think I can really be arsed with it 8 times in a season out of 19 aways.

For all we have it easy in the Midlands, there are actually very few local games for us. Watford could well be our 2nd nearest next season.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I like them but I don't think I can really be arsed with it 8 times in a season out of 19 aways.

For all we have it easy in the Midlands, there are actually very few local games for us. Watford could well be our 2nd nearest next season.

Yeah I know what you're saying, and it looks like we're losing a couple more of the closer ones this season. I'd much sooner go down to Fulham and Brentford that Swansea, Cardiff or Southampton though.

37 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Fulham behind to Sunderland. Surely can't choke now they've got themselves in contention for automatic promotion, can they?

Tied up & Fulham pushing hard. Don't see Sunderland being able to hold on.

Shame that Cardiff's last two games are against Hull and Reading as they'll probably just about make it into the PL.

Feel for Fulham if they don't get promoted, just hope the disappointment doesn't ruin their chances in the playoffs.

Have a feeling Derby will go up in playoffs.

49 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Shame that Cardiff's last two games are against Hull and Reading as they'll probably just about make it into the PL.

Feel for Fulham if they don't get promoted, just hope the disappointment doesn't ruin their chances in the playoffs.

Have a feeling Derby will go up in playoffs.

Apparently they have quite a poor play-off record.

Played six, lost four, drawn two.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

23 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I can see Villa through the play-offs.

Looking at it the only side I really can't be arsed with coming up is Boro.

Aston Villa should get promoted, don't particularly like Cardiff City.

Would also make for great games against Wolves in the top flight and the potential return of John Terry for one last season maybe.

Then again, even teams such as Millwall, Brentford, Preston North End, Bristol City and Sheffield United are still within reach of 6th spot. Derby better watch out.

Brentford have the easiest two games left on paper (Barnsley away, Hull at home), whereas Millwall face a battle with matches against Middlesbrough and the Villa.

Edited by MC Prussian

Fair play to Burton for taking it to the last day, they looked dead and buried a couple of weeks ago. 

Fair play to Cardiff too- they've kept it going under massive pressure from Fulham, and you've got to fancy them to clinch it next week. Incredible achievement from Warnock with that squad.

9 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I can see Villa through the play-offs.

Looking at it the only side I really can't be arsed with coming up is Boro.

Pulis has done a remarkable job with them mind... Personally, I find Villa a bit like recent Forest, if there’s a way they can **** things up, they usually find it.