Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

2017/18 U23s, Development, U19s etc

4 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

Think they would have won the league if they had a better striker. Gordon is the main number 9 from what I've seen, but he spends far too much time out wide, good player but doesn't score enough.

Gordon has been playing out wide now and then. I think they swap between Muskwe and Gordon but yea I agree a goal scoring striker is lacking

9 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

Think they would have won the league if they had a better striker. Gordon is the main number 9 from what I've seen, but he spends far too much time out wide, good player but doesn't score enough.

Just compare him to the Villa 9 and you see what they’re missing ? 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Webbo said:

A promising season fizzles out to nothing, bit like the first team.

That's a little unfair. We've finished second and made it quite a way in the Cups. In essence the U23's isn't about winning competitions but progressing our youngsters.

Anyway I've enjoyed watching them this year but agree with you that our strikers are flawed. Eppiah has speed but lacks killer instinct. Gordon shows the odd flash as does Ekwube but there's no consistency in the strikers. We've got great defenders and some decent midfielders though.

38 minutes ago, FIF said:

Anyway I've enjoyed watching them this year but agree with you that our strikers are flawed. Eppiah has speed but lacks killer instinct. Gordon shows the odd flash as does Ekwube but there's no consistency in the strikers. 

The love-child of Ndukwu and Muskwe? lol

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, lgfualol said:

Isnt Gordon quite old for the dev team now? Always wonder why we took him from non league and not tried to loan him out to a lower league team or that club we own in Belgium. Seems like a waste of time.

Shakey probably helping a mate out at Stafford, jobs for the boys an all that