Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

The OH Leuven Thread

19 minutes ago, Lizhang said:

I am 200% convinced, that had Pearson stayed at Leicester, that he would not have won the league. I'm sure he played his role in forming the team, the spirit, the atmosphere, but frankly the guy is a bit clueless when it comes to tactics and strategy. We've had managers like this in the past as well (Van Geneugden comes to mind). All about team spirit, mentality, effort... and this can work for a team that can afford to sit back and wait it out, a team for which every point is golden, or when the opposition isn't really talented. But as soon the other team is on par and when you can't afford to sit back, but have to take control of the game, it all starts to crumble, it comes tumbling down into a chaotic mess. Nobody knows what to do and you get caught with your pants down.

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Lizhang said:

I am 200% convinced, that had Pearson stayed at Leicester, that he would not have won the league. I'm sure he played his role in forming the team, the spirit, the atmosphere, but frankly the guy is a bit clueless when it comes to tactics and strategy. We've had managers like this in the past as well (Van Geneugden comes to mind). All about team spirit, mentality, effort... and this can work for a team that can afford to sit back and wait it out, a team for which every point is golden, or when the opposition isn't really talented. But as soon the other team is on par and when you can't afford to sit back, but have to take control of the game, it all starts to crumble, it comes tumbling down into a chaotic mess. Nobody knows what to do and you get caught with your pants down.

Yeah. You basically want to have Ranieri as your manager, Pearson as your head coach, Shakespeare as assistant coach and Walsh as chief scout. 

21 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

I'm gutted for him to be honest. 

Me too. 

I’m happy to take the piss out of the Pearson cult and the idea that one magical guy is the best option for every different situation.  Yet I never thought this would end in anything but promotion and the re-establishment of his career.  Football always proves that assumptions are dangerous, and still we make them.

I’m still hopeful it will work out, Great Escape-style.  But then I am also hopeful Andy King will get back into the squad ...

I think it's fair to say that the Belgian supporters have lost that Leuven feeling, oh that leuven feeling towards NP

It's gone gone gone, he can't go on.

5 hours ago, mad biker said:

Wrong indeed, 200% is not enough ! it`s 1000% certain Pearson wouldn`t have led us to the title the blokes a complete Dick !!

I mean you can think that we wouldn't have won it with him, that's your right, but a complete dick? 

I cannot understand that line of thinking. What has he done to you. 

11 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

We may not have won the league under him but we certainly wouldn't have done so without him. 

This.