Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

The OH Leuven Thread

Just now, UniFox21 said:

bad game? 

Well... they created more chances than the previous 3 games. But, this team is completely clueless. No clear tactics, nothing. A guy i know didn't see the previous games, and thought they played awefully, but i thought it was a lot better than the previous games. So, make of that what you will.

5 minutes ago, Lizhang said:

Well... they created more chances than the previous 3 games. But, this team is completely clueless. No clear tactics, nothing. A guy i know didn't see the previous games, and thought they played awefully, but i thought it was a lot better than the previous games. So, make of that what you will.

How was Kapustka?

5 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

How was Kapustka?

Mediocre in the first half, with his most notable action, letting a ball bounce of his foot to screw up a 100% chance in front of goal.
Invisible in the second half.

Edited by Lizhang

14 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I think you deserve better, this weird foreign experiment for him isn't working. 

6 minutes ago, Frost said:

Pearson needs to be sacked, and quickly.

Agree here, think the complexity of the league system requires someone who knows the ins and outs of that type of football. Nige requires time to build and implement his philosophy from top to bottom. 

As @Lizhang has said a few times, time isn't on their side given the financial consequences of being in the second division for too long. Sadly, think this one isn't gonna work for Pearson 

It's clear to say that "Project Pearson" has failed. The man has been here for a whole year, but we still can't see any positive evolution since his arrival. Our group of players has a lot of potential, but he just can't seem to utilize that potential. Still no sign of a tactical plan.

At the beginning of the season we were the favorites to win the league, along with Mechelen and Beerschot, with Union as the outsider. The four teams that would play to avoid relegation were Westerlo, Tubize, Lommel and Roeselare. Our last 4 games were against these teams and we only managed to get 1 point out of those 4 matches. And to be honest, the draw wasn't even deserved. At this rate, Leuven will be the team that will relegate at the end of the season!

I was really hopeful when they appointed Pearson, because I thought he was the right man for the job. Clearly I was wrong...

It should also be noted, that after today, we have played against all our opponents once. Meaning, our current position in the standings (last) is not because we only faced the harder adversaries, with the easy peasy ones yet to come. Nope, we faced all our opponents once, and we're in last place.

So who's this saboteur? Filbert? Rudkin dressed as Filbert? Rudkin dressed as Filbert in Pearson's nightmares?

Who you going to hire if you sack him? Is Sven available? Sousa upto much?

We've got loads of premier league winners kicking about up here. Perhaps try one of those as a temp manager?

16 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

So who's this saboteur?

My guess is it's that girl who was pictured at a Leuven game with Thorgan Hazard who, after being contacted by obsessed Leicester City fans from FoxesTalk (you know who you are. WE know who you are), decided to take a job as a receptionist at Leuven in covert attempt to take down the King Power Empire from the inside.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Foxxed said:

So who's this saboteur? Filbert? Rudkin dressed as Filbert? Rudkin dressed as Filbert in Pearson's nightmares?

We've got loads of premier league winners kicking about up here. Perhaps try one of those as a temp manager?

The saboteur(s) isn't/aren't anybody from the "King Power Clan". There are still some of the old board members that want to keep/regain power over the club. They are still in contact with some people in the staff, such as our assistent manager and our director of football. They are the saboteurs. TOP needs to sack them ASAP and replace them with people he can trust. Like I said before, maybe TOP has to reunite Pearson with Shakespeare and Walsh.

If Pearson is sacked, I have no idea who will be the new manager. In my opinion, it needs to be someone that knows Belgian football. The only problem is that all the good managers are currently employed :D.

Edited by Bonanza
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Bonanza said:

The saboteur(s) isn't/aren't anybody from the "King Power Clan". There are still some of the old board members that want to keep/regain power over the club. They are still in contact with some people in the staff, such as our assistent manager and our director of football. They are the saboteurs. TOP needs to sack them ASAP and replace them with people he can trust. Like I said before, maybe TOP has to reunite Pearson with Shakespeare and Walsh.

If Pearson is sacked, I have no idea who will be the new manager. In my opinion, it needs to be someone that knows Belgian football. The only problem is that all the good managers are currently employed :D.

To be fair, every club has power struggles on some level at least to some extent. And frankly, these power struggles were much more fierce in the past, and it never seemed to weigh on past managers, as much as it does now on Pearson (if there is any truth to it to begin with). Yes, the assistent manager has history with the old board, but i doubt if he were actively working against Pearson, that he would still be in place, seeing as Pearson has a good relationship with King Power. The TD, i wouldn't know how he could actively undermine Pearsons work with the team.

Sometimes you just need advice from a consultant with the right experience ...

CoachEsteban.JPG.2195af08eb022ced5a6a7708fdcf1636.JPG

#greatescape  #groteontsnapping

In all seriousness, no one here wants this to fail -- with or without Pearson.  I note OHL have the fewest goals scored and most against, but it doesn't look like there is a great deal separating most of the clubs?  Surely there is time to turn this around.

6 hours ago, Foxxed said:

Oli or Steve Maclaren should do the trick.