Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SheppyFox

Chris Smalling

12 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

He did. Said he was the toughest defender he had played against. I'll take that as a recommendation.

You have to take that quote from Vardy as one of the better recommendations you could ever have for a CB, ie from a top CF. It's a big big yes from me.

I started this topic 2 months ago and for some mad reason it was deleted ... even some mad fecks said they would have Maguire over Smalling if the deals were even similar 

honestly this guy is a class act and we should smash the ceiling to get him 

feck Manure that Jose is a nut job , this fella is quality 

55 minutes ago, Jonezy said:

This is too good to be true isn´t it...? Smalling was beast mode in the LVG season. Why doesn´t Mourinho like him; he normally likes a good defender?

Going off the general consensus on the united forums, Smalling jas been error prone this season & Mourinho likes defenders he can rely on. Also he wants his defenders to be comfortable on the ball & Smallings distribution is poor.

However I think he's a good fit in our system.

Wouldn't be a bad signing but I think peoples judgment is clouded by the size of club he's played for. He doesn't seem to be able to concentrate throughout the entire 90 minutes, has a ricket in him and in Mourinho's words 'you can't pass the ball to a team mate'. 

I do agree he'd be an upgrade now on an aging Huth and Morgan, but I can't say I'd desperately like to see him... not getting all the hype. 

6 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

Wouldn't be a bad signing but I think peoples judgment is clouded by the size of club he's played for. He doesn't seem to be able to concentrate throughout the entire 90 minutes, has a ricket in him and in Mourinho's words 'you can't pass the ball to a team mate'. 

I do agree he'd be an upgrade now on an aging Huth and Morgan, but I can't say I'd desperately like to see him... not getting all the hype. 

I agree.

I was much more excited by the young, up and coming Maguire.  I don't like players from big clubs on their way down.  Cambiasso the exception to the rule.

7 minutes ago, murphy said:

I agree.

I was much more excited by the young, up and coming Maguire.  I don't like players from big clubs on their way down.  Cambiasso the exception to the rule.

He's 26... just going into his prime & a full England international. No doubt you would be happy with Evans who once was in the same situation as Smalling is now. Cambiasso was mid 30's which makes your point even dafter.

I think Man U will get £20m out of Smalling, but £20m for a full England international & player in the calibre of Smalling. Yes please.

Archived