Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SheppyFox

Chris Smalling

Just now, Realist Guy In The Room said:

Maguire

Smalling

Sigurdsson 

Iheanacho

would probably be the best window in the modern history of the club.

Which is precisely why it wont happen.

Delph would be nice too. Or is that just greedy?

1 hour ago, lcfceaves said:

You've forgotten how sh**  England are, means nothing. Stones, Jones and Cahill are useless yet he can't get in ahead of them. 

That's a poor reason for any argument. It assumes that rational, knowledgeable and professional criteria are used when selecting the England team.

Vardy also rates Hart as the best goalkeeper he's come up against, I think he just likes sucking up to his England teammates.

Smalling has regressed a lot this season, but It could be because Jose has been playing him through injury as he's done to various players in the past. If Smalling can regain his good form and confidence he could be a brilliant signing.

42 minutes ago, Bossman Blessed It said:

Remember an interview where Vardy said he felt the toughest CB in the league was Smalling, given his pace and strength. I think at 27 years old he's at a very good age and we could get a solid 3-4 years of service from him. Fits the British nucleus of our team too and knows the Premier League inside out by now. Certainly worth it I feel. 

27 is a good age for a CB, lots of experience & tons of future

This would be an excellent signing. Smalling has always seemed to be in a very similar mould to Morgan and Huth (slightly better on the ball) and that's been successful in the past. Replacing Morgan and Huth with Maguire and Smalling would give us an equally large physical presence at the back, still as good in the air, similar ability to read the game but with the added bonuses of our CBs being more comfortable on the ball with better distribution and more pace. I'd be very happy with Smalling, especially at £15mil. Whether or not he's attainable is another question entirely.

1 hour ago, murphy said:

I'm reading that Arsenal, Spurs and West Ham are also interested http://www.football365.com/news/tottenham-to-rival-arsenal-for-smalling-ha-ha

Can't see Smalling at Arsenal unless Wenger goes for an unlikely clear out and Spurs I'd have thought will look at younger CBs like Mawson and Gibson. I don't realistically see how they can upgrade Alderwiereld, Vertonghen and Dier without spending a major fortune. Wimmer hardly gets a look in and I'd take him at Leicester for sure. West Ham on the other hand are no better than ourselves so we could beat them to his signature.

No surprises that all 3 clubs are London teams and Smalling is originally from London too.

57 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Strong and flexible across the back-four, but unfortunately he seems injury-prone that could make this potential signing a big question have a big mark on it.

If anyone can keep him fit and injury free it's our medical staff the work they do is brilliant.

2 hours ago, Ashley said:

If anyone can keep him fit and injury free it's our medical staff the work they do is brilliant.

Yep.

Slimani and Mendy would agree, I'm sure..

2 hours ago, dominicmsb said:

Signing an England CB is a fantastic signing. I really can't see how people can't get excited about this.

31 England caps

2 Premier League titles

1 FA Cup

1 Europa League

Experience and quality.

Because most folk prefer players from unknown leagues 

51 minutes ago, Buce said:

Yep.

Slimani and Mendy would agree, I'm sure..

Slimani injury was before he came to us not much you can do with a role of the ankle is there? Two players over what 5 Seasons not bad though

7 hours ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

Maguire

Smalling

Sigurdsson 

Iheanacho

would probably be the best window in the modern history of the club.

Which is precisely why it wont happen.

Certainly would put us in that top 8 which would be a step forward for us

Archived