Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chocolate Teapot

Slimani

One thing I noticed he seemed to have a lot of arguments/disagreements with other players, nothing major, just exchanging words. Just something I haven't seen from our lads for a couple of years.  

1 hour ago, Abrasive fox said:

I love a Slimani thread, same characters everytime. 

#Islamexit

Genuinely the most disappointing player in our recent history. Sad really, but it's better for him not being here, don't need any big egos getting in the way of the team spirit.

First of all, you started the thread to wound people up! The "same characters" did nothing but support one of the team's players

Secondly, the most disappointing player in our recent history? Take a walk!

IMG_20170623_175720.thumb.jpg.4f4b39853534d27eb2745bb9a7d7a3f3.jpg

Just added benteke because of the similar price tag!

And lastly, if you aren't prepared to provide any sources for your claims about him not getting along with his teammates, then you should do good and keep it to yourself.

5 minutes ago, the fox said:

First of all, you started the thread to wound people up! The "same characters" did nothing but support one of the team's players

Secondly, the most disappointing player in our recent history? Take a walk!

IMG_20170623_175720.thumb.jpg.4f4b39853534d27eb2745bb9a7d7a3f3.jpg

Just added benteke because of the similar price tag!

And lastly, if you aren't prepared to provide any sources for your claims about him not getting along with his teammates, then you should do good and keep it to yourself.

Says it all when you mention Benteke, £30 million players who are so average.

1 hour ago, Abrasive fox said:

I love a Slimani thread, same characters everytime. 

#Islamexit

Genuinely the most disappointing player in our recent history. Sad really, but it's better for him not being here, don't need any big egos getting in the way of the team spirit.

Most underrated is more like it. Guy played like a monster in the early season when Vardy was sitting at 0 goals. Then he had an unfortunate injury spell but that still didn't stop him from delivering from working hard to regain form as bench player. After all that, he still got so much stick from some and is still greatly under appreciated by Shakespeare. Now obviously slimani can't start over Vardy but a plan B to Okazaki?? Really? 

Slimani will come good. Again, he was trapped across to a tournament half way through a season. Didn't have any form of pre season with us and, to add to that, had the managerial change which didn't help. 

Saying that he is not part of Shakey's plans is idiotic. The club was in turmoil and needed a quick fix to preserve its status. Shakey had to revert to what the players knew to get a quick fix. He is as much a key player to Shakey as anyone else. 

A preseason on a Shakey planned improvement program is just what he needs. Watch him fly next year.

2 hours ago, psychonaut said:

I'd be careful hashtagging things like that you'll have the PC police labeling you nazi scum and demanding you beg for forgiveness

Nothing as easy to rail against than the evildoers in your own imagination!

I don't think he wants to be here....his showing in the final game wasn't particularly overwhelming. He's a nailed on 20 goals a season if played correctly...however I think that he is a bit of a soppy bollock and a mardy twat....I noticed him arguing a fair few times with various players in that final game, I think he thinks he is too good for us, and I have heard he is a bit of a diva behind the scenes....

He may be a valuable asset when he is on form, but when will he be? When it suits him? If that's the case he can pack his bags and leave, he's not that important to us...and if his heart isn't in it, then he can clear off somewhere else...we will get someone else in. I'd suggest if we got ihenawhatsit and Gilfy Sigiwhosit then Slimani would fall down the pecking order anyway. 

I genuinely don't understand why people rate him. He's just a foreign Ian Ormondroyd. Another Ulloa. He's got very little quality but is good in the air.

He's the sort of player who would be an asset to a struggling side if you can put loads of crosses onto his head. He's nowhere near good enough for a team aiming for Europe.

We can do much better.

I've seen him get frustrated with his team mates which isn't good to see. He doesn't strike me as a diva off the pitch at all though.

He always makes time to sign autographs for the fans after games (one of the few who regularly makes an effort to do this).

If you feed this guy a decent cross he will usually score. The main thing he can improve is his heading from goal kicks. 

Far too early to be getting on his case and he scored some crucial goals for us last season.

I'd still start Shinji up front as Shinji and Vardy is a premier league winning partnership. 

Archived