Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chocolate Teapot

Slimani

Slim would probably come good over the course of another couple of seasons, he did that with Sporting - slow start but grew into an absolute beast for them - but with us (hopefully lol) signing Kelchi and Ulloa signing a new deal i wouldn't object to him going for the same price he came in for. (I wouldn't mind him staying either mind) but in a minute we're going to have too many strikers and we won't be able to keep them all happy which in turn brings a whole other raft of problems. I'm fairly sure most people wouldn't mind if we kept Ulloa, sold Slimani for £30m and then re-invested that money into the team again. Could be a win/win there.

Really one of him or Leo will have to move on in a minute, both have their faults for different reasons - and like I said if we can re-invest that £30m this window (Boudebouz please for half of it :P) i think it would benefit the team more.

Or alternatively lets just flog Musa for £20m :D

It's not purely a case of Slimani is better than Ulloa so lets keep Slimani.

The Ulloa/Slimani role would probably be an impact player when we're chasing a goal much like the second half versus Atletico which I think will still be in Shakey's mind as we caused arguably the best defensive team in the world all sorts of problems.

I would have thought Vardy and Iheanacho will be first choice with Okazaki being first cover and Ulloa being something different to the other three.

It's economically better to keep Ulloa for that role and sell Slimani rather than the other way round.

1 minute ago, FoxinNotts said:

Problem I have, is that if Slimani goes to West Brom, Newcastle, West Ham etc, you just know he'll become even more awesome, and bag an absolute hat full next season.

Yes beacuse they play a different style.

1 minute ago, FoxinNotts said:

Problem I have, is that if Slimani goes to West Brom, Newcastle, West Ham etc, you just know he'll become even more awesome, and bag an absolute hat full next season.

No problem, Rudders is an expert on Buy Back clauses now.

4 hours ago, RizLCFC said:

We'll sell him on the cheap, he'll start banging the goals in, then we'll see that dreaded Ulloa first touch when he comes on as a 68th minute substitute against Arsenal.

Probably won't happen in that order, will it? 

5 minutes ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

Get shot of Slimani and it will be Shakespeare's first big mistake

I'd like to keep him but he'll be third choice at best behind Vards, Ich and probably Okazaki... He doesn't fit our style of play sadly and won't be remotely happy playing cup games and the last 15 mins of 1in 3 Prem matches...

44 minutes ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

Get shot of Slimani and it will be Shakespeare's first big mistake

Selling a striker that doesn't even suit our style of play is not a mistake.

We bring in Iheanacho then Slimani becomes our third choice & he won't enjoy sitting on the bench.

Slimani must have done something behind the scenes Shakespeare doesn't like. Maybe he hasn't bonded with the team or trained hard enough... Who knows. Reality is neither Slimani or Ulloa suit our system and they will always be a plan B & if we're talking about impact off the bench, there isn't much between Slimani & Ulloa imo.

To be honest, would he even be third choice lol. Okazaki was preferred to him when Shakespeare took over & for good reason... He fits our style of play.

1 minute ago, foxes21 said:

We bring in Iheanacho & Slimani becomes our third choice & he won't enjoy sitting on the bench.

Slimani must have done something behind the scenes Shakespeare doesn't like. Maybe he hasn't bonded with the team, or trained hard enough, or bought into the team spirit... Who knows. Reality is, neither Slimani or Ulloa suit our system and they will always be a plan B & if we're talking about impact off the bench, there isn't much between Slimani & Ulloa imo.

Overall though, selling our third choice striker (a striker that doesn't even fit into our style of play) is not a mistake.

To be honest, would he even be third choice lol. Okazaki was preferred to him when Shakespeare took over & for good reason... He fits our style of play. Slimani doesn't.

Don't cry victory so soon for Ihenacho. He was able to score in Man City thanks to good supply from the likes of De Bryune and Silva. Now i'm not trying to take away from him. I'd rather wait and see how he performs with Leicester. 

Now I wish him the best of luck, but it might be useful to keep on Slimani for another season unless we receive an offer from the Chinese that will cut the losses, coz there is no way you can sell him now and make profit.  

Slim is a hardworker, i'm sure he won't disappoint if given an opportunity to prove himself. Check out his progression in Sporting:

slim.thumb.PNG.dee9774ace1c41d2a28d6c130046bb10.PNG

From 10 to 31 goals in a span of 2 seasons. 

1 hour ago, Gerard said:

It's not purely a case of Slimani is better than Ulloa so lets keep Slimani.

The Ulloa/Slimani role would probably be an impact player when we're chasing a goal much like the second half versus Atletico which I think will still be in Shakey's mind as we caused arguably the best defensive team in the world all sorts of problems.

I would have thought Vardy and Iheanacho will be first choice with Okazaki being first cover and Ulloa being something different to the other three.

It's economically better to keep Ulloa for that role and sell Slimani rather than the other way round.

Argree also would also get a lot more for slim than leo 

1 hour ago, FoxyPalace.com said:

We should move on from Ulloa and embrace Slimani.

Leo is a nice guy - but i think slimami has the potential... however, as I said above, he needs to work at it.... I hope he puts the maximum effort in to realise his potential  (let's hope his agent is telling him to do the same!)

Ulloa would play more than Okazaki if those are our 4 options. If you need a goal you don't bring on Okazaki and if you want to defend you bring on someone like Iborra/James/whoever. Ulloa can at least score now and then and offers something in the air. 

I say sell Ulloa and Okazaki. Keep Slimsy.

If we're offering a fresh deal to Leo, I'd suggest Slim will be on his way.

He scored some important goals for us but overall, I was hugely underwhelmed by him.

I think people are being a bit sentimental about Leo (IMO, the only one that I would keep out of sentiment is king, he is Mr Leicester city and is more than happy to be considered as squad depth)

While I see where people are coming from, Leo is apparently a good teammate and well liked in the dressing room but I can't forgive him for pushing for a move publicly when the club desperately needed every bit of balance they can get their hands on. He tried to get back at Claudio on the expense of the club and that's for me is a big no no!

I'm yet to see slim complain about not playing, he was a sub in his start for sporting and worked his way up the ranks. 

There is no player I would rather have coming off the bench (apart from vardy and and on form mahrez) than slim, he came against Sunderland and scored a much needed goal to free the game.

If moving slim is the best for the club. Than so be it. But he proved that he can more than pull his weight and add threat and aerial dominance in the box.

For me, offloading mahrez and playing slim and vardy with a CAM behind them to supply vardy and wingbacks in Marc and Ben to supply slim can be deadly and it would be a great mistake to not at least try it for half a season.

Lower table teams will pay big money to save their season in January, so if that doesn't work, than slim would be a lot easier to make profit off of his deal in that time of the year.

Archived