Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chocolate Teapot

Slimani

Can understand why West Bromwich want him.

Hot the height and strong presence that can enable him to suit Pulis's style of play of hoofball etc greatly.

But would be a risk if we sold him, as it may unsettle Mahrez further more.

Slim would be lethal at West Brom, if we are going to sell then please be to outside the PL.

If we are looking to offload him because he wants first team football not playing second fiddle to Kelechi, or because he's disruptive to team spirit, or to balance the books, then fine, but he is a far far better footballer than Ulloa.

This is funny, I was criticized for being a blind Sporting fan that only defends Slimani, when I was just stating some facts and giving my point of view because I watched all Leicester games and I see a lot of people with the same opinion as mine. 

Has Slimani got a bad attitude?  I've no idea if he is settled or not.  Being injured and hence not playing week in week out can't have helped.

He looks half a yard off the pace but decent finisher from what I've seen.  With game-time he could be great.  I'd only sell for what we paid for and only if he wants to go

6 hours ago, Max Power said:

Ulloa needs moving on. Slimani is better, younger and hasn't publicly asked to leave and gone on strike. No brainer. 

The only way I would move Slimani is if we got big money from China. A loan would be a disgrace.

we had a biggish offer from China in January - presumably that is no longer available

8 minutes ago, Finn Claw II said:

Has Slimani got a bad attitude?  I've no idea if he is settled or not.  Being injured and hence not playing week in week out can't have helped.

He looks half a yard off the pace but decent finisher from what I've seen.  With game-time he could be great.  I'd only sell for what we paid for and only if he wants to go

Nah, just an urban legend of the same caliber as he only willing to play with Mahrez or being bought just to please the latter. .

He's got the best ratio goals/minutes, played a vital role on some crucial matches but is still written off by the FT experts.

5 minutes ago, surrifox said:

we had a biggish offer from China in January - presumably that is no longer available

Chinese clubs have to be more careful now. Apparently for every big signing they make, they have to put the same money into grassroots football in China as well. 

Not sure if Slim fancies China either with a young family and seemingly wanted to succeed in England based off that interview the other month.

6 hours ago, Max Power said:

Ulloa needs moving on. Slimani is better, younger and hasn't publicly asked to leave and gone on strike. No brainer. 

The only way I would move Slimani is if we got big money from China. A loan would be a disgrace.

Ulloa  seems to have signed a new contract according to SSN and Slim's attracting interest from Newcastle and West Brom. 

2 hours ago, Eagle10 said:

This is funny, I was criticized for being a blind Sporting fan that only defends Slimani, when I was just stating some facts and giving my point of view because I watched all Leicester games and I see a lot of people with the same opinion as mine. 

So will you be moving your support when Slim moves on?. 

Crazy to keep Ulloa and let Slim go. Absolutely mental. I really don't know what Ulloa offers an ambitious premier league team like us? If you looked up bog standard in the dictionary you would see a picture of Leo smiling back at you. One of the slowest players I've seen on and off the ball, at times painful to watch when he's trying to keep up with a counter attack only to completely break the move down with his lumbering. He's a big lad but in no way uses it. He doesn't put himself about, in fact he spends as much time on the floor as Shinji. He rarely wins the first or second ball in the air. I just don't get it. 

23 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Crazy to keep Ulloa and let Slim go. Absolutely mental. I really don't know what Ulloa offers an ambitious premier league team like us? If you looked up bog standard in the dictionary you would see a picture of Leo smiling back at you. One of the slowest players I've seen on and off the ball, at times painful to watch when he's trying to keep up with a counter attack only to completely break the move down with his lumbering. He's a big lad but in no way uses it. He doesn't put himself about, in fact he spends as much time on the floor as Shinji. He rarely wins the first or second ball in the air. I just don't get it. 

The problem here is keeping the dynamics of the squad together. if we aren't planning to play a big striker then slim sits on the bench most weeks. I doubt he will be happy doing that. shakey knows that leo will live with being a squad player and take his chances when they come around. if he sells leo and slim asks for a move in jan because of lack of starts then we are looking around for a decent squad striker which may not be so easy.

2 minutes ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

Leo is 31 in a few days time and we are giving him a new contract and letting Slim go who not only is a better player but two years younger?

Madness ..... absolute madness.

Unless as someone said earlier we are trying to keep the wage bill down. Perhaps FFP.

I firmly believe that slimani COULD be a good premier league centre forward - but to do so he need to sort a few things out.  he need more upper body strewth... he need to be able to shoot in to he corners from the edge of the box - when he runs into the box he need to be direct and to pull the trigger (not look for a pass)... he need to sort out the role back to goal winning he ball and laying it off.  He could do these things... but I am not sure he will.  If he stays it should be compulsory for him to work on this stuff for 60 mins per day.  Keep slim and see if he is prepared to work on his game.... he is nowhere near the finished article for the pl.

Ulloa has less potential IMO - but he hold the ball up well when he comes on. Unless we are short we should keep him

1 hour ago, foxinsocks said:

I firmly believe that slimani COULD be a good premier league centre forward - but to do so he need to sort a few things out.  he need more upper body strewth... he need to be able to shoot in to he corners from the edge of the box - when he runs into the box he need to be direct and to pull the trigger (not look for a pass)... he need to sort out the role back to goal winning he ball and laying it off.  He could do these things... but I am not sure he will.  If he stays it should be compulsory for him to work on this stuff for 60 mins per day.  Keep slim and see if he is prepared to work on his game.... he is nowhere near the finished article for the pl.

Ulloa has less potential IMO - but he hold the ball up well when he comes on. Unless we are short we should keep him

Maybe we could send him Down Under for a couple of weeks, should do the trick.

Archived