Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chocolate Teapot

Slimani

Just now, los dedos said:

I can see Slimani been Shakespeare's plan B . 3-5-2 plenty of balls in the box.Bish,bash bosh

And that's exactly how he should be used. Good good striker. His scoring ratio speaks for itself. Don't understand the hate.

18 minutes ago, Thracian said:

That article really seems like bald speculation. Yes, I am sure we would sell Slimani for the right number. Same for a lot of players. But Slim, Vardy, and Nacho are the cream of our strikers, and they all bring something different. Keeping all three likely yields the best Leicester attack this season. At a minimum, I would wait until the January window, let him have the opportunity to show his health and recover some of his value. I strongly suspect there will be games we need Slim's skills rather than Vardy's, and the idea of Nacho playing AMC with both Vardy and Slim up top, with Gray and Albrighton looking to attack from the sides, we should have a potent, balanced attack in which several players can be either the playmaker or the scorer.

Leicester Mercury is so biased

For Ihenancho they mention that he has 9 goals in 9 starts and 21 sub appearances. But they forgot to mention that Slimani had only 13 starts and 14 sub appearances. Instead they just said "slimani scored only 8 in 27 appearances" 

What a load of crap

5 minutes ago, Redouane said:

Leicester Mercury is so biased

For Ihenancho they mention that he has 9 goals in 9 starts and 21 sub appearances. But they forgot to mention that Slimani had only 13 starts and 14 sub appearances. Instead they just said "slimani scored only 8 in 27 appearances" 

What a load of crap

Not biased - just pandering to the readership 

I Slimani will be what were expecting last year, Just have a feeling we are in for some good surprises in performance from the squad.  I have the appropriate faith that the team under Shaky will be more lie the 2015-16 team than the last season.  Slimani with Vardy and Kelechi will be a dynamite frontline.

2 minutes ago, notnow john said:

I fear Slimani on his way, why else would we be giving Leo another contract?

This would be a big mistake his goals and presence are way superior to Ulloa.

Ulloa can score goals and if the management think Ulloa's a better fit or more committed, that'll be the reason for their actions.

Only they've got the first hand information to make such a judgement.

There may be a game-time aspect too.

With both players remaining at the club it's hard to imagine either getting lots of time. But if Ulloa's prepared to be a first choice replacement I can't see a problem and I can see him doing well for himself and being of value to us.

Every time I've watched Ulloa he's had good chances.

He may have lost some confidence/sharpness in taking them but I'm sure that will return with his proper involvement. He's a good player and offers something different for us too.

Neither Vardy or Iheanacho are aerial attackers and with Ulloa we could play three up front quite constructively if we need too.        

1 hour ago, Chrysalis said:

everytime slimani plays for us now he looks lost, no chemistry with rest of the team, whilst ulloa does have chemistry.  I would keep ulloa over slimani if it was my decision to make.

Well he does well to have the best goals to minute and best assists to minute ratio for a man with no chemistry.

His link up play with others was improving drastically towards the end of the season I thought.

Part of me feels like Slim and possibly Mahrez leaving will actually benefit the team in terms of togetherness - it seems like they're only interested in interacting with one-another a lot of the time. Shame though as I like him as a player.

Archived