Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Al-aLondon-Foxile

Tom Lawrence

20 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Wouldn't it be beautifully ironic if we kept him and he made Sigurdsson look like a pub player next season. lol

Well would could already have our Gylfi right under our own nose.  If he is good enough he will stay and play.  Simple.  I hope he is and does.

16 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I think he's only got a year left on his contract, it's highly debatable as to whether he'd even accept a new offer, if he won't then you have to cash in.

He would if he was told he is in the team's firsts plan.

4 minutes ago, Hack said:

He would if he was told he is in the team's firsts plan.

He'd have to be shown that, not just told that. He's not really had a sniff in years, so I'd imagine he's pretty frustrated and just wants to be somewhere where he will play all the time now. 10 minutes here or there isn't good enough for someone his age, they just stagnate.

Play him in the friendlies and in the cup games before Christmas then decide. 

If we lose Mahrez we'll only have Albrighton, Musa and Gray anyway. And Gray is arguably best suited to be a striker and don't want to even give Musa until Christmas.

We may need him unless we sign another winger.

44 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

If the offer is £8m+ sell him as long as there is a buy back clause of let's say £20/£25m.... if not then, loan him to one of the new boys in the prem. 

Is he any good or isn't he? Are you saying we don't know after the length of time he's been with us. Pretty pathetic if it's true.  Our first team is good but it's creaky in places and there's plenty of room for improvement. 

I can't be sure, because videos never tell the full story. But he's lots more dangerous than Drinkwater as a goal threat, he's been well thought of at Ipswich and he's versatile which is always a plus. 

I definitely wouldn't take less than £10m for him and would be happy to extend his contract and involve him for a year in the Premiership squad with a view to developing his qualities.

From what little I've seen so far he has more to offer than a number of players who will almost certainly be in our squad. A big question again though ....he seems brave enough in taking people on and having a go from wherever but is he strong enough and clever enough to make his mark at the next level?   If not, what's he still doing here aged 23? 

14 minutes ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

We have to sell now while he's got value unless we want to keep him and offer him a new contract. Otherwise he'll be walking for free like Knocky.

Exactly and we should know by now what the right choice is. 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest FriendlyRam
8 hours ago, Tinman said:

This is the one we are all hoping happens on our side tbh,, it does seem hes the main rowett target and very much needed for our new system.

Its all in leicesters hands though obviously. 

Most of those goals look from central areas, I think he'd be more useful as a No 10, an if he has work rate to his game, could be an upgrade on Shinji, someone like him is going to be far more useful on the bench then Mendy, Amartey, King or James.

Just now, Beachyboy said:

Most of those goals look from central areas, I think he'd be more useful as a No 10, an if he has work rate to his game, could be an upgrade on Shinji, someone like him is going to be far more useful on the bench then Mendy, Amartey, King or James.

I felt for him today being pushed wide. I'd like to have seen him behind the forward.

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

I felt for him today being pushed wide. I'd like to have seen him behind the forward.

More space out there, didn't do Mahrez any harm... His goals at Ipswich seemed to come from cutting-in and shooting

1 hour ago, cc_star said:

More space out there, didn't do Mahrez any harm... His goals at Ipswich seemed to come from cutting-in and shooting

I was always the impression he plays more centrally.

Wasn't in the game much but when he was on the ball he was positive and direct. Said in the Elliot Moore thread that it would have been better to play Barnes Lw first half then bring on Lawrence instead of King for the second half playing him at CAM. If we are going to play 3 at the back we can't play with a DM like today as it gave us no link between midfield and the strikers. Anyone got any updates on whether he is leaving or not as I think we should keep him and bring him in to end up replacing Okazaki who I don't think had more then 10 touches today (Will give him credit for draging players away for the goal but we need more from a second striker, especially if Mahrez is going to leave).

55 minutes ago, dormelcfc said:

Thought he looked good today - worked hard and looked creative. Would like to see him given a few more opportunities during pre-season.

Agree.. Love to see him and Barnes given opportunities... But not sure it's going to happen unfortunately. 

Archived