Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nugent

West Brom (Asia Trophy) match thread (July 19th)

1 minute ago, lgfualol said:

Who is on the pitch now and why no Iborra

I suspect he'll come out after half time, the commentator said that we wanted to have a 10 off, 10 on, but we can only do 4 at once.

Just now, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Enjoyed that first half. Much better than Celtic game last year. Thought James looks solid, some nice stuff from Wilf, Benny and Amartey. Excellent goal. 

Should clarify Amartey going forward. Don't think he's a RB to be fair to him. Should not be playing him there.

So first 45 mins, obviously fitness is the aim of the game. Not much of a team performance but James looks decent on his return, Benny and Maguire look ok, a couple of suspect balls. I'm sorry but I'm still struggling for anything positive about Slim, Okazaki also didn't offer anything on the ball. Mahrez witha quality display but still his major downfall is his reluctance to pass, It's great he wants to turn players inside out but my god just deliver a ball. Also pretty impressed with these little dinked balls over the top, on a better pitch who knows.

First half thoughts:

Shit hot movement from Slimani that half, just shit in his execution...

Ndidi is class and so mature for his age

Fullbacks pretty poor

Jamo looked promising but slightly overweight

Maguire. Really like him already. Classy yet strong

Contrary to some posts. The Shakespeare-squad  era starts a new.

So far I reckon its been a good game.Players on both sides committed in this 1st game.

Leicester fringe players did well.James get his 1st game.

One big worry for me is our persistence with Okazaki.We need tocstep up our use , and see much better

Play and performances, from that position..

11 minutes ago, Kinowe Soorie said:

Slimani is not the striker we are looking for

I haven't been able to get an image of Alec Guiness (Ben Kenobi) talking to Craig Shakespeare in a team selection meeting since I read that.

I will never understand why people want to sell Riyad. I think people need to realise that he's not the best player on the planet and just enjoy watching him because when he's on it he's an absolute joy to watch.

3 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Contrary to some posts. The Shakespeare-squad  era starts a new.

So far I reckon its been a good game.Players on both sides committed in this 1st game.

Leicester fringe players did well.James get his 1st game.

One big worry for me is our persistence with Okazaki.We need tocstep up our use , and see much better

Play and performances, from that position..

I think with a bit of luck Inheanacho will be playing that role next season. If the rumours of us looking at Sigurdsson are true, it would also suggest that we are still in the market for a number 10 too.

Not too worried as it's the first pre-season game. We like to hope that by the end of the month we have someone else in.

10 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Never know, maybe he's fed up with this saga now and wants to just get on with playing football. Optimistic I know

In other news the moon is made of cheese and I'm having semi regular intercourse with 4 of the Spice Girls.

Just now, AKCJ said:

I will never understand why people want to sell Riyad. I think people need to realise that he's not the best player on the planet and just enjoy watching him because when he's on it he's an absolute joy to watch.

He wants to leave?

Archived