Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SheppyFox

Iheanacho

Guest BlueBrett
8 minutes ago, MattP said:

The greed of modern footballers is unbelievable, not content with picking up thousands a week they will still risk prison by lying to try and pocket a few more quid they don't even need.

Depressing. 

My first thought too. Well greed AND stupidity. It's just crazy. Why get involved in things like this when you have so much going for you? If you're money hungry then just invest your enormous salary in stuff! You could literally pick up a buy to let terraced house every couple of weeks and snowball your portfolio into a bloody empire within a few years and that's with zero imagination.

To be honest, if we're going to attract potential top players to Leicester, we're going to have either:

a) spot them when they're unknowns, like we did with Mahrez

b) pay big money relative to their level, like we did with Vardy, paying Fleetwood £1m for a non-league player

c) buy a player with baggage that puts other teams off, as we are doing with Iheanacho

If this drama is the only reason he ends up coming to Leicester, then lets work through it with the player, despite the frustration of it all, and have him signed, sealed and delivered.

53 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

Forget its the Sun ! The story is Correct mercury is running it later 

this kid could be in a HUGE amount of trouble .... 

jail is a real possibility if found guilty of Perjury  

IMG_3354.JPG

The post I wanted to put up is getting more and more relevant...?

2 minutes ago, breadandcheese said:

To be honest, if we're going to attract potential top players to Leicester, we're going to have either:

a) spot them when they're unknowns, like we did with Mahrez

b) pay big money relative to their level, like we did with Vardy, paying Fleetwood £1m for a non-league player

c) buy a player with baggage that puts other teams off, as we are doing with Iheanacho

If this drama is the only reason he ends up coming to Leicester, then lets work through it with the player, despite the frustration of it all, and have him signed, sealed and delivered.

Great post b&c, I agree with all that.  I particularly agree with your point that we work with Iheanacho to sort his mess out (even if it costs us a BIT more money - his Transfer Fee is not excessive), it shows commitment - and, as you say, other teams have probably been put off by the hassle of this deal, we can steal on march on them.  This 'care for the player' approach could help attract other players, as well as Iheanacho.

http://thenigerialawyer.com/man-city-striker-iheanacho-may-be-jailed-for-two-years-in-america/

Super Eagles of Nigeria and Manchester City striker, Kelechi Iheanacho, who is on the verge of making a switch to Leicester City, is facing legal problems in the US after allegations were made against him that he may have misled a court in Pennsylvania.

The 20-year-old is being dragged into a legal battle by his previous representatives, American-based First Eleven Management, after pulling out of a contract with them two years ago to sign with Stellar.

The football star is said to have filed pleadings denying that he knew or spent time with Henry Galeano, who on his on claims said he is his former agentThe Nigerian also claimed he believed Galeano was an alias used by First Eleven Management co-owner Robert Zanicky. But the football agent was the company’s registered Fifa-licensed agent.

According to the Sun UK, SunSport and the American court have been handed a series of photos and documents that will require an explanation from the Nigerian international.

The crucial legal question for Iheanacho, according to the report, will be if the young star did more than merely meet Galeano or happened to be with him on occasions. It certainly seems clear they at least met.

In his court affidavit, Galeano said: “For the avoidance of doubt, Iheanacho and I have spent hundreds of hours together.”

He also added: “Robert Zanicky never used my name as an alias.”

Galeano claims he became Iheanacho’s official Fifa-licensed agent in July 2013 after both men signed a Representative Agreement.

The legal battle is also reported to be a bit complicated because Galeano in the signed and sworn affidavit submitted to the court, claims he spent “hundreds of hours” with the player.

Under Pennsylvania Law, if it is found Iheanacho knowingly tried to mislead the court, he could be charged with unsworn falsification which, if found guilty, carries a penalty of up to two years in prison.

Oh dear. lol

He won't get extradited over this

he just needs to avoid travelling anywhere that has an ultra close legal relationship with the states as his name could flag up at immigration (e.g. Puerto Rico)

We would need to hold his passport to make sure he doesn't go anywhere he shouldn't !

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

He won't get extradited over this

he just needs to avoid travelling anywhere that has an ultra close legal relationship with the states as his name could flag up at immigration (e.g. Puerto Rico)

We would need to hold his passport to make sure he doesn't go anywhere he shouldn't !

Maybe Julian assange will give him a bunk at the embassy lol 

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

We can still pull out though, I'd not be surprised. Does it not strike you as odd that other than West Ham (who pulled out) nobody else has seriously gone in for him, perhaps they knew this legal problem wasn't worth the risk. It sums up our luck in the transfer window in recent years. 

The image rights company want £3m and Iheanacho has offered £0.5m

All four parties want a resolution to this. The image rights company will no doubt settle for less and Iheanacho, Man City and Leicester will no doubt make up the shortfall between them to get this over the line. 

It's in EVERYONE'S interest to get this done so therefore it will happen.

Just now, Grebfromgrebland said:

So all things being Leicester he will sign for us for £25M then day after transfer window closes be shipped off to America to face charges LOL!

What's our plan B?

Take his passport off him was one suggestion lol 

13 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Can we just bin this deal please, it was rotten from the start.

I don't agree Strokes, I think we should try our best to get him (even if it means paying some of his out of court settlement) - £25m is a good price for his quality.

2 minutes ago, Gerard said:

All four parties want a resolution to this. The image rights company will no doubt settle for less and Iheanacho, Man City and Leicester will no doubt make up the shortfall between them to get this over the line. 

What about the potential purjury Charges ??? 

Your right about the image rights issue .. that will get paid off 

the serious issue here is Purjury charges 

pete 

4 minutes ago, Gerard said:

I agree with you Gerard, we should go SOME way to help meet his out of court settlement - the £25m Transfer Fee is not excessive for a player of his quality.

PS See my post quoting 'breadandchese'.

Archived