Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
PintsandPyro

Darts

7 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Chuffed Humphries has won it tbf.

The treatment from the crowds over the last year or so has been bang out of order just because he’s a quiet lad who doesn’t dance about on stage the melts in the crowd can’t be having him.

Same, would have been a great story if Littler won, and he was an absolute credit there with how he reacted to the defeat, but I was pleased Humphries got this one.

Understated personality aside, It's not as if he's a boring player either, lovely quick and smooth throw.

Edited by martyn

Wahey, Humphries outright at the start of the tournament 3s, to win tonight with most ton+ finishes 5/2 and with most 180s 15/8 happy days, went exactly as I thought pretty much had a hefty wedge on 7-3 I thought would be tight first few sets and Humphries pull away and win comfortably in the end.

fair play to him best darts player on the planet and proved it tonight, surely Littler gets in the Premier League, hell of a player.

Congratulations to Luke Humphries- a man on top of his game for a while and well deserved title .

And obviously Littler for a fantastic tournament.

Going to be a star of the future .

Hopefully the press let him concentrate on his darts .

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

I hate it when people blatantly jump on a bandwagon…

Highly doubt he has anything to do with that twitter account…. 

19 minutes ago, nathan. said:

Anyone else want Littler to lose?

I wasn’t overly bothered who won. But I can see why people would’ve wanted littler to lose, and I imagine mainly because of the media frenzy that would’ve followed. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chiltern Fox said:

Well done to both Lukes. All the best to Russ Bray too.

Thought the PDC and SKY would have given Russ a better send off...The Voice could have had a video stream on the stage,much like Tailor in his last match.

• Like 2

The Premier League picks are going to be interesting! I'm going (Humphries,MVG,M.Smith,Aspinal) Qualify automatically.Then Price,Wright(doesn't deserve it imho...but it's bums on seats)Anderson(anounces retirement just before)Pikacu(for the Germans) And Littler/Dimi/Hetta) if Littler doesn't want to do it.

The final loss, though heartbreaking, might work out well for Littler. Played well and can leave with his head held high that he lost to a great performance and a player in absolutely top form. Skip the premier league this year, settle into the pro tour and build more gradually towards 2025 without having quite so much to do. Might lose a few ticket sales but they can hype his appearances at the other events anyway.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mancunianfox said:

The final loss, though heartbreaking, might work out well for Littler. Played well and can leave with his head held high that he lost to a great performance and a player in absolutely top form. Skip the premier league this year, settle into the pro tour and build more gradually towards 2025 without having quite so much to do. Might lose a few ticket sales but they can hype his appearances at the other events anyway.

Exactly...the Pro Tour and Euro Tours is the way for Littler to go now.Build a bit of Experiance .

Edited by PAULCFC

12 minutes ago, mancunianfox said:

agree it might work out better for him. If you win at 16, what else is there to achieve or look forward to? Could have done a bit of an Andy Ruiz and gone off the deep end at the first sight of fame and upsetting the odds..

Really pleased for Humphries, much deserved after the year he has had. He really upped his game after the 1st couple of rounds.

As good as Littler is, I can’t take to him at the minute probably due to all the hype around him. I’d imagine he will be in the PL now, even though that’s probably not the best thing for him at the minute.

10 hours ago, PAULCFC said:

The Premier League picks are going to be interesting! I'm going (Humphries,MVG,M.Smith,Aspinal) Qualify automatically.Then Price,Wright(doesn't deserve it imho...but it's bums on seats)Anderson(anounces retirement just before)Pikacu(for the Germans) And Littler/Dimi/Hetta) if Littler doesn't want to do it.

Littler has already said the PL have encouraged him not to go for it just yet. 

"I've seen what the Premier League does! You'll have Monday, Tuesday Pro Tour, Wednesday Euro Tour qualifiers, then Thursday Premier League, weekends Euro Tour so I think the PDC are going to keep me out of it because that would be just gruelling."

Edited by The Bear
  • Like 1

All the pundits & presenters on Sky yesterday talking about Littler in the PL, I think he will be in tbh. There was talk of protecting him but then he went and dismantled Cross. I reckon it will be; 

Humphries

Smith
MVG

Aspinall

Price

Cross

Littler

Wright

Would rather have Dobey in over Wright but think his persona sells more than Dobey unfortunately. 

Edited by EnderbyFox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, EnderbyFox said:

All the pundits & presenters on Sky yesterday talking about Littler in the PL, I think he will be in tbh. There was talk of protecting him but then he went and dismantled Cross. I reckon it will be; 

Humphries

Smith
MVG

Aspinall

Price

Cross

Littler

Wright

Would rather have Dobey in over Wright but think his persona sells more than Dobey unfortunately. 

Yeah I think that will be the line up. Agree Wright shouldn’t be in it either, if someone like Dobey or Bunting win the masters they might get in ahead of him.