Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

Is Shakespeare the right man for the job?

3 minutes ago, Joefox said:

Too early to tell. Let’s see how he gets on in the next 5-6 games.

This is the point though - it isn't too early is it? How many games has he been in charge now?

I reiterate - it's not about waiting to see if we're likely to be relegated or not, it's about seeing if his style of management is correct and if our performances are likely to take us forward.

If someone can't tell that by now then they shouldn't be involved in the decision making process of this football club.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

This is the point though - it isn't too early is it? How many games has he been in charge now?

I reiterate - it's not about waiting to see if we're likely to be relegated or not, it's about seeing if his style of management is correct and if our performances are likely to take us forward.

If someone can't tell that by now then they shouldn't be involved in the decision making process of this football club.

Well he kept us up last season and we’ve currently played 5 league games this season 4 of which we’ve lost to teams with vastly more resources than us.

how are we likely to find out if he’s good enough if we don’t give him a fair chance? What would have been the point of hiring him in the first place?

if we are in the same position after the next few games I will start to worry. 

I watched Southampton v Man Utd yesterday and the way Southampton pinned United back into their own half and dominated them was impressive. Southampton had 61% possession and United were camped in their own half 2nd half.  We didnt and couldn't do that against Chelsea or Liverpool. 

I fear Shakespeare will tactically be shown up against Southampton, just like he was against Huddersfield, and just like he will against Bournemouth next week. 

6 minutes ago, Koke said:

I watched Southampton v Man Utd yesterday and the way Southampton pinned United back into their own half and dominated them was impressive. Southampton had 61% possession and United were camped in their own half 2nd half.  We didnt and couldn't do that against Chelsea or Liverpool. 

I fear Shakespeare will tactically be shown up against Southampton, just like he was against Huddersfield, and just like he will against Bournemouth next week. 

I agree. you have to admire Southampton. Constantly getting their players and their managers nicked off them yet they always seem to have a back up plan and always try to play football.

I don’t really have too much confidence in Shakespeare I think the honeymoon period is over but it would be very harsh to get rid after that run of games. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I don't know why but something makes me have a sneaky suspicion that Callabinho will be more than happy if Shakey gets the push?

?

I wasn’t happy with his appointment... it was purely sentimental, yes what he did last season was brilliant however taking it on full time is a completely different. I just don’t think he’s got what it takes, we needed to go to the next level and I don’t believe he can do that. As I’ve previously said he is a number two, and that’s it.  

28 minutes ago, Koke said:

Southampton lack a cutting edge and penetration. I think that's where we can hurt them. Same with Bournemouth. 

13 minutes ago, Callabinho said:

I wasn’t happy with his appointment... it was purely sentimental, yes what he did last season was brilliant however taking it on full time is a completely different. I just don’t think he’s got what it takes, we needed to go to the next level and I don’t believe he can do that. As I’ve previously said he is a number two, and that’s it.  

So, just to make it clear, you're saying you see him as a 'number two'?

I was happy with the appointment but I'm having serious doubts 

Admittedly he has been given a bum deal by Ruskin and co but

Showing no tactical nous

No boldness in selection admittedly several new players don't match our style but we've got them and some some have something to offer

We can't keep relying on ball over the top to Jamie

We must show invention tactically and coach the players accordingly 

1 hour ago, Joefox said:

Well he kept us up last season and we’ve currently played 5 league games this season 4 of which we’ve lost to teams with vastly more resources than us.

how are we likely to find out if he’s good enough if we don’t give him a fair chance? What would have been the point of hiring him in the first place?

if we are in the same position after the next few games I will start to worry. 

He didn't really keep us up as such. He didn't do anything different to what Ranieri was doing, the players were simply putting in more effort for him. The tactics were very similar but the work rate improved and we cut out some errors.

We finished the season looking like a very boring, very average side and there's been no improvement in the opening games.

He's been given a chance to show us how he likes to play football and it isn't good enough. You can see he is tactically inept. 

Why give him any longer?

In answer to your question, there was no point hiring him in the first place, we shouldn't have done it. But we need to rectify that mistake before it's too late.

• Like 2

I understand fans being annoyed with our start but we've played 4 top teams plus we were very close to getting something at Arsenal and yesterday. We've been playing ok but the formation can't stay the same against certain teams we defo need to change that I also don't think he doesn't know his best 11 now. We will be fine this season just need to get 3/4 points out the next two and progress from there. 

Let's have some perspective,

arsenal away was a bizarre game,that we should have won,

brighton home was like a pre season friendly,we didn't even get out of 3rd gear and hey,even mahrez looked class,

Man Utd away we held our own till the 70th minute,

chelsea home could have gone either way once we got a goal back,

huddesfeild away we were lucky up till half time,and the poorest half of football so far this season,but took a point away from home,

and Liverpool yesterday could have gone either way,had we scored the penalty I think we would have won the game,

weve dispatched Liverpool and Sheffield united in the cups,

vardys scored 5,

okazaki 4,

slimani 3,

the point I'm making is we've got goals in us,the strikers are scoring,we've lost to superior opposition mostly down to fine margins,and think that on paper the season starts at Bournemouth Saturday,

lets be more realistic in our expectations,any points picked up in them defeats are bonus points

Edited by Russell sprout
  • Like 1

Every game I see I lose a little bit of confidence in him.

Calling for his head already is premature imo given our fixtures but I do think a better manager would be getting more out of these players, not necessarily in terms of points but in quality of performance too.