Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Drinkwater

£30m is a good price for a player who's been out of form for ages but I'd be devastated if he left. I've really felt like he was 'our' player and If he can get his confidence back he's one of the best midfielders in England no question. He really should have started at the Euros last year, let alone been in the squad.

Whether he leaves or not we'd need to buy someone who plays in his position anyway. We were short of someone to challenge him last season and if he wasn't with the club we'd be badly short of quality in that area.

3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Never thought I'd see the day when a City fan would want to sell Drinkwater...and replace him with a bloke who can't get fit enough to even play pre season.

I despair.

I just assumed he was taking the piss.

5 minutes ago, Bamba's Babes said:

Imagine 15 months ago that some of ours fans would be throthing at the gash about selling Drinkwater and Mahrez.

The state of you.

Absolute joke

Morgan, Drinkwater, Mahrez....

The state of it

7 minutes ago, Bamba's Babes said:

Imagine 15 months ago that some of ours fans would be throthing at the gash about selling Drinkwater and Mahrez.

The state of you.

Not really. It's a recognition that if a club like Chelsea make a move for one of our players such as Drinkwater, the player will in all likelihood wants to move, so it is about securing the best deal for the club.

I don't want to see him go but if Chelsea's interest is genuine and a realistic offer is made then I'd imagine Danny would be off like a shot.

Don't think it would be a good move for him though, let's be honest he'd be the new Fabien Delph, playing mostly in the Carling Cup.

But it will not be the best deal for our Club. Trying to find a replacement will cost, plus our Recruitment Team would have problems trying to find new photographers for Playboy.  Danny on form is a marvellous player.

This story just made up crap.  What sort of negotiation for a player that's not for sale from a club who doesn't need the money would go something like

"We'll take drinkwater off you but we'll only pay you 30 million for him, no more take it or leave it"

59 minutes ago, matty98 said:

I must be too young as I have no idea what you're on about lol

Let me explain - a certain player named Kevin Cambell played for us probably 10 years ago ?   

54 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Unbelievable people are packing bags for a legend because he played with an injury most of last season. Cretins.

It's got nothing to do with him playing with an injury. It's got everything to do with him not being a £30m player in this or any other market.

£30m is too much for us to turn down when we could clearly get in a more consistent performer for a fraction of the cost. On merit he's not in the starting XI next Friday, although I would be surprised if he didn't play.

His position is a clear area in the first XI we can upgrade. If we can get £30 million towards it then we have to take it, especially as we're not selling to a rival.

Archived