Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Arsenal.. Away: pre match thread...

Should be a great penalty shoot out if it gets that far ??......Oh this isn't a meaningless pre season warm up....This is the real McCoy so we had better take care of them in 90 mins.....3-1 to the ??? with Xhaka getting a red card for assaulting a rampant Jamie Vardy ???

Got a feeling Shakespeare will play ultra negative and go 4-1-4-1 with Iborra sitting in front of the defence and Vardy up top on his own, but I think Okazaki has to start this if we harbour any intentions of anything other than holding on until the closing stages of the game where we stick or twist. That happened last season and we got nothing, like we probably deserved due to negative play.

The team I hope starts:

Schmeichel

Simpson

Morgan

Maguire

Fuchs

Mahrez (Albrighton if Riyad's gone)

Ndidi

James

Albrighton (Gray is Riyad's gone)

Okazaki

Vardy

Subs: Amartey, Iheanacho, Slimani, Lawrence/Gray, Jakupovic, Chilwell, Iborra

Just shows when you put the bench together with a near fully fit squad that surely Musa, King, Ulloa and Benalouane are going to be spare parts and if Mahrez and Drinkwater stay then James/Amartey and Lawrence might not even make the bench.

I think if he had any intentions of playing anything other than 4-4-2 we would have seen it against BMG because they play a very similar style to Arsenal.

However if he feels he doesn't need to test it and it's been worked on in training all week then there's a chance... it won't be a back three though i'd say it would be 4-3-2-1 with a mid three of N'didi, Iborra and James with Iborra sitting deep. 

I'd like us to try something different from the start to try and worry them. Otherwise, they will know how to handle us.

For that reason, I'd like us to bring in Lawrence. he is a Goal threat as well as a winger for an out Ball.

I don't think Nacho is ready for a full game and so I expect him to come on in the second half. Likewise Slim could be an option up top but his injury may also keep him out. But I wouldn't be surprised to see him line out either.

Kasper

Simpson Morgan Maguire Fuchs

James Ndidi Iborra

Mahrez Vardy Lawrence

Archived