Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shamomoa

Leicester sign George Thomas from Coventry

Glowing references from Coventry fans who think he wouldn't even get in their team this year and that we've been robbed spending 450k.  

Good luck to him anyway lol

Neil Jones wrote on Facebook: "What a waste of another career. U23's football and a loan somewhere. Poorly advised."

"He certainly wasn't missed Saturday!" added Grant Hine.

Ian Jones added: "You wont see him in that first team... on loan future on its way..."

"Loaned out to League Two?" asked Ashley Scorer, while Will Reilly added: "Enjoy playing for the u23s!"

11 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

Glowing references from Coventry fans who think he wouldn't even get in their team this year and that we've been robbed spending 450k.  

Good luck to him anyway lol

From fans that support a team that was how shite?

Just now, Finnegan said:

Has he even played much for Cov? 

He the kid that scored in the JPT final? 

Yes mate that was him, i am unfortunately surrounded by Coventry City fans where i live/work, they seem very sour that we have taken there prized asset from them, they rated him but said they wouldn't put him in the Championship just yet, so take from that what you will :thumbup:

16 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Nice to have a local lad playing for the club and he seems to have some talent but I'd be shocked if he ever actually plays for the first team. Couple of loans and maybe we make a profit by selling him to a Championship club.

If he's a 'local' lad, why are we having to fork out £450k for him? 

Suggests either our 'local' scouts missed him or that the 'local' lad chose to play for Coventry instead...?!?

2 minutes ago, Foxy-Lady said:

Suggests either our 'local' scouts missed him or that the 'local' lad chose to play for Coventry instead...?!?

No he played for us during his youth but I think was released.

1 hour ago, Foxy-Lady said:

His dad is a PE teacher at my old school, he's definitely local.

Scored 5 goals last season in league one for a poor Coventry side, including a cup final winner at the age of 20. 

Got himself in the Toulon Team of the Tournament scoring 2 goals in 3 games. 

Harvey Barnes scored 6 goals in league one and got in the Toulon Team of the Tournament too and everyone's screaming get him in the first team! 

Archived